Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #16  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Love the pictures. These girls all look healthy & have great style.

But -- I have to tell you, initially, when I read your post, the word "thinspiration" gives me the shivers, & not in a good way. It's not your fault. Nor your context. My problem is, I've only seen it used before in "pro-Ana" postings, so to me, it's part of their lingo. I'm sure it has much wider usage than that, but personally, because of my own personal history, it has that connotation for me, so it makes me uneasy. Anyway, that's why I'm glad everyone in the pictures definitely looks healthy.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #17  
Cyberpunk

S/C/G: 230/215/100

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Love the pictures. These girls all look healthy & have great style.

But -- I have to tell you, initially, when I read your post, the word "thinspiration" gives me the shivers, & not in a good way. It's not your fault. Nor your context. My problem is, I've only seen it used before in "pro-Ana" postings, so to me, it's part of their lingo. I'm sure it has much wider usage than that, but personally, because of my own personal history, it has that connotation for me, so it makes me uneasy. Anyway, that's why I'm glad everyone in the pictures definitely looks healthy.
I thought that, too. But, this isn't a pro-ana site. Don't worry. We're not looking at skeletal chicks. I think the term "thinspiration" around here is just meaning women that you find attractive/admire as a means of inspiration to lose our unhealthy weight. I don't think anyone here is losing weight because of a disorder, or losing weight that they don't have to lose in the first place. It's all good!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

i want to pose for suicide girls once i get fit so badly!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 290/270/135

@GonnaTurnHeads, I totally agree, that's my #1 goal. I even have the application printed and filled out for when I can finally do it.

I wonder if we have an SG thread on here....*goes off to look*
Old 02-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'10

Totally on my to-do list once i get down to a healthy weight. Still don't know the brave soul who is going to take the pictures for the application lol
Old 02-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 290/270/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatnikMama View Post
Totally on my to-do list once i get down to a healthy weight. Still don't know the brave soul who is going to take the pictures for the application lol
Lol, on SG they give a list of reputable photographers that do photos for them. I totally recommend checking out their rules, guidelines, and tips for how to go about modeling for them. Some SuicideGirls are also photographers and they can do your shoots for you. They list photographers by location and there's at least one for each state. One interesting thing I found out after reading, they do not do any changes to the photos after you submit them. Any touch-ups or airbrushing is supposed to be done before they receive the photos and it's up to the models if they want any touch-ups done. They also list the requirements for the photos because there are a few rules of what has to be in the portfolio you submit.

There's a SuicideGirl that lives about 2 hours away from me who does photography and I figure she's the one I'll go with when I decide to get my photos done. I just have to figure out what theme I want to do I figure I'll have about 10-12 months to decide
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #22  

I live in Iowa , no one around here lol I'm thinking of themes also, got a few knocking around.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #23  

Talking

P.S. I sincerely didn't know the "thinspiration" was a pro-ana word....i mean come on, look at me lol but i apologize to anyone who took offense. The thread was meant purely for motivational purposes.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #24  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

You're good. As I said, I didn't think it was your intention & once I opened the thread, I could tell by the context & the pictures that it wasn't what the thread was about. Everyone looks healthy. And role models are a great idea. Just, you should be aware that sad movement has glommed onto the word "thinspiration" so some people seeing it may be aware of that connotation.

Sometimes poor little innocent words or coinages that go around in our language minding their own business somehow get bad reputation for the company they hang out with. And it's not their fault. At all.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #25  
Secret Agent

S/C/G: 222.2/221/150

Height: 5'5"

i've always thought p!nk had a pretty sweet body >_<
Old 02-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #26  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Queen Latifah - healthy, smart, successful, independent and gorgeous to boot! She also comes across like she is a very nice person but a tough cookie if she needs to be.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

This is funny, I just made these fantastic motivation cards of clothing, activities, and places that motivate me to do what I need to do, like big chunky goth boots, corsets, theme park rides, and London (got accepted, going in the fall, would like to be down 2 pant sizes by then). I purposely didn't use people for this besides the clothing models because I want to be whatever shape I turn out to be and not trying to focus on what could be a really unrealistic goal for my body. I do love all the girls on this thread though, they just look happy and healthy and smokin'!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 240/230/155

Height: 5'5"

Quinn Suicide is def my thinspo. I love how dita looks to I just know im not built that was and there is No healthy way for me to be that small and im ok with that I like curvy girls with a little meat.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #29  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Gypsy - when you get to London you must visit Camden market. When I was there they had a number of really cool stores featuring Goth/punk/rockabilly clothing and amazing boots and corsets.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 AM   #30  
cass

S/C/G: 167/ticker/90

Height: 5'2

technosexual: i LOVE YOU

those pictures are amazing! i go to another site where we have a huuuge thinspiration thread

we're both shorties too! we should totally hook up and be buddies
Closed Thread