Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/131

Default Just an introduction

Just wanted to introduce myself, and thank everyone who is here for ... well, being here. I think venting on a board will be much better for me than venting to my non-dieting friends, so thanks in advance for putting up with it!

I am working through the whole "being irritated with myself for being back in this position again" thing.

About 4 years ago, I had gained some weight and did the crash diet thing. Since then, I've put those 40 lbs back on... plus 60 more (260).

I was in denial for a while... don't ask me how. To a certain extent, I've always been able to carry my weight. No one ever believes what I weigh. But even I can't carry 260 lbs. I have known for a while I needed to do something... when Jan. 1 came, I made it about 12 hours before deciding to put things off until the 4th... and then, psychologically, I really couldn't let myself push it back any more.

I would like to get back down to 160, which is a weight I feel comfortable at. That's still almost 30 lbs over my lowest-ever adult weight, of 133... I can't believe I thought I was fat then. I was a size 10! At 5"3", but still. Just losing 100 lbs seems impossible, never mind half my body weight!

That first week was pretty horrible. I thought about food constantly. But the second week was better. And I have lost weight. Week 3 is right ahead... and when it's over, I will be 10% of the way to my goal!

My goal is to lose at least 3 lbs per week for 33 weeks... just to give myself an end date to look forward to: August 14. 2010. If I am successful in losing 100 lbs by that date, and I am still motivated, maybe I can lose the last 30 before Halloween (about 10 weeks after that).

That seems like FOREVER... but gaining even more weight sounds even worse.
chickiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #2  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

welcome and congrats on the first 14!
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/131

Thanks! 15, this morning. I know it's mostly water, but, I feel a bit smaller- so it's still motivating.
chickiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #4  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Welcome to the boards chickiechic! Good Luck with your journey and congrats on your loss so far
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome and good luck!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #6  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

Height: 5'6"

Best of luck! I'm losing a pound a week, no more, because I've been there with the fast weight loss and regaining that plus much more, too many times. It's very slow going. I'll be at this for about two years, I figure, and then lord knows what the maintenance issues will be.

I'm really glad I found this forum. I think we'll all need it!
dolphinea is offline   Reply With Quote