Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #1  

Default Naked Gym Ladies, & My Various Reactions To Same

Doesn't every gym have those ladies who will blow dry their hair or put on makeup before putting their clothes on? And speaking for my No Hollywood YMCA -- these are not Vegas Show Girls I'm talkin' about here.

Sometimes I'm thinking, oh for God's sake, put some clothes on -- but then sometimes I envy their lack of inhibitions and I think, well good for you.

I think it was the 1930's movie star Jean Harlowe that said, "Modesty is a good trait for women who look better covered up." LOL ! I think if I'm honest that is the kind of modesty I have! So when I see these ladies who look more or less like me displaying no modesty it kind of amazes me.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #2  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

ahhhh.... how i love working out at home....
Old 02-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I remember several yrs ago I was doing pool therapy and decided to shower afterwards. I became completely FREAKED when a woman tried to get in the shower with me. Then I noticed there were 2 shower heads in there but still. I SHOWER ALONE, or with hubby...lol this woman was just amazed that I would not let her in there with me. I was on a military base so I guess she was military and its hard to be modest. I knew the men kind of all showered together but never imagined the women did. I ever undressed in front of others when in high school gym class either, some did though. I had a friend at the YMCA I belonged to, dry her hair, naked from the waste up, it was not the way I ever wanted to picture my friend. I would like to have that kind of confidence, but still dont think I would be naked in the dressing, I would just like to be naked with my husband with the lights on. But that may not ever happen either.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #4  

Seriously? You're offended that the women who are naked in your locker room aren't PRETTY ENOUGH for your taste?

Really?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

I was in Iceland last summer and quickly lost all my inhibitions lol. At all the public pools and spas you are required to shower butt nekked in a communal shower thing (with multiple shower heads, and girls and guys separate change rooms/showers of course). The kicker is there are shower marshals in that room!! They basically ensure that people are actually washing up before they go into the pool, or they won't let you in/make you do it again. That is probably the only time I would shower naked with my friends and professor.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #6  

Well read the post....sometimes I am bugged and sometimes not! I think I project my displeasure with my own body onto the ones who look like me.

Pesonally I do think clothes THEN make-up is a good order to go at the Y! But, admittedly, I look better with clothes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
Seriously? You're offended that the women who are naked in your locker room aren't PRETTY ENOUGH for your taste?

Really?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #7  

I know I would never think of swimming topless but when I was in Spain I did....I felt like I called more attention to myself with the top on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneleh View Post
I was in Iceland last summer and quickly lost all my inhibitions lol. At all the public pools and spas you are required to shower butt nekked in a communal shower thing (with multiple shower heads, and girls and guys separate change rooms/showers of course). The kicker is there are shower marshals in that room!! They basically ensure that people are actually washing up before they go into the pool, or they won't let you in/make you do it again. That is probably the only time I would shower naked with my friends and professor.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #8  

Oh the naked with husband with lights on, that's an excellent goal! You can do that!

[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
I remember several yrs ago I was doing pool therapy and decided to shower afterwards. I became completely FREAKED when a woman tried to get in the shower with me. Then I noticed there were 2 shower heads in there but still. I SHOWER ALONE, or with hubby...lol this woman was just amazed that I would not let her in there with me. I was on a military base so I guess she was military and its hard to be modest. I knew the men kind of all showered together but never imagined the women did. I ever undressed in front of others when in high school gym class either, some did though. I had a friend at the YMCA I belonged to, dry her hair, naked from the waste up, it was not the way I ever wanted to picture my friend. I would like to have that kind of confidence, but still dont think I would be naked in the dressing, I would just like to be naked with my husband with the lights on. But that may not ever happen either.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

just like analeh i have been forced to become more nonchalant about bein "buck-nekkid" in communal places since moving overseas...and/or parading around in my bday suit at public pools and lakes (ever seen nekkid men playin badminton or flying kites?? YIKES!!) still feel weirded out in da mixed sauna, tho.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #10  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

it weirded me out a bit too- but mostly it was the other naked things that i witnessed people doing in the locker room at the gym. naked toe nail clipping at the gym?!?! WHY!!!???
and the lady who would walk into the bathroom portion naked, use the toilet without closing the door, not flush or wash her hands, put on her suit and then go straight to the pool. EVERY time. ugh. gross.
also not a fan of the drying off spread eagle *** in the air move that i witnessed a few times. like- i don't need to know if you're wearing a tampon thanks! gag.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #11  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
it weirded me out a bit too- but mostly it was the other naked things that i witnessed people doing in the locker room at the gym. naked toe nail clipping at the gym?!?! WHY!!!???
and the lady who would walk into the bathroom portion naked, use the toilet without closing the door, not flush or wash her hands, put on her suit and then go straight to the pool. EVERY time. ugh. gross.
also not a fan of the drying off spread eagle *** in the air move that i witnessed a few times. like- i don't need to know if you're wearing a tampon thanks! gag.

:r ofl:

I'm dying over here!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #12  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post

Really?
Considering she only briefly mentioned that they weren't the commercially ideal body type, I don't think that was her point.

Depending how someone feels about their own body on a particular day it can be hard to understand why other people aren't more modest. Especially when you're not used to seeing... that much.

Plus, I think being naked is a bit more of a personal thing. Like, I'd only be naked around a boyfriend. It's not always about physical appearance. Sometimes it's more about intimacy.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #13  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I personally couldn't care less- us girls all have the same cash and prizes. If how some appears isn't to my liking- I just don't look Sometimes I'll catch myself looking at girl (in a totally straight way) and thinking- wow, I'd love to have legs/butt/back like that- try not to get caught staring though, that could be awkward :P

Gosh, now I sound like the creepy locker room stalker.....ha, ha, ha! I think if most people are honest they peek too.

Last edited by bananapancakes; 02-24-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #14  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Quote:
Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #15  

We have one of those with the toenails!!!!!! Except she does close the door in the stall, however I think that has more to do with the door opens IN and there's no ROOM to have it open, than any modesty on her part since she is totally lacking the modesty chip.

Quote:
Closed Thread