3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   alternative slacker exercise thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/152704-alternative-slacker-exercise-thread.html)

Samantha123 10-06-2008 02:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I could never find the time to exercise, but i have just recently bought trim in 20 from mysummerbody and now there is no excuse i do it before feeding the family. If you are worried about time you should try it out.

JamieJo 10-06-2008 09:54 AM

Great job Liz - KEEP IT UP!!!!

unload2 10-06-2008 10:11 AM

Hey ladies! What a long freakin week last week. I'm glad to be back to normal this week. So I plan on going for a walking this am as long as the weather holds up, if not that evil elliptical is calling my name. Great job everyone, keep it up.

ollie27 10-06-2008 10:14 AM

thanks for the tip samantha. i can't really justify spending 40 dollars right now when i have everything in need to exercise (ummm, but the time). keep us posted though to tell us if it's worth it.

awesome that you got a day off, lizzie. i'm a wee bit jealous.:p but with your OT, you deserved it.

you and me both with the weekend thang, jamiejo.

well, my husband's friend came in and stayed for the weekend with his two coughing, slobbering, booger flinging, snot nosed (but cute) kids. i totally need to lysol or something today. i'm trying to get sick and am ingesting oh about 15 times the daily percentage of vitamin C now trying to ward it off. they left this morning. suffice to say, i didn't really get to do much school reading this weekend and didn't work out at all and ate too much cause i wasn't feeling so hot.

soooooo.....

monday's here again and back to the friggin grind. after class this evening my goal is to come home and do 45 minutes of yoga. nothing to hard as i do have a bit of the ick.

motivational chant...

yoga yoga yoga yoga yoga

lizziep 10-06-2008 01:36 PM

you can do it!!!

rolled out of bed this morning and hopped on the ole exercise bike. woot.
now that it's out of the way i can DO something today!

x meowkat x 10-06-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie27 (Post 2396195)
i'm trying to get sick and am ingesting oh about 15 times the daily percentage of vitamin C now trying to ward it off.

Uhhh, yeah that's me. My bf picked up a nasty cold from some of his friends, and I'm pretty sure he's passed it on to me...of course, he's almost better now :rolleyes: I've been slamming Emergen-C and praying, lol.

I still haven't started exercising yet, but what I have been doing is getting my eating back on track. I went way, waaaaaay off plan for a couple weeks in a row and surprisingly I've only gained about a 1-2 pounds back (it fluctuates). I figure if I can get rid of this sluggish feeling I got from eating all the crap, I'll be much more in the mood to actually exercise. I'm still getting a little activity, because I'm on my feet all day at work...I know it's not the same but it's better than nothing! Good job everyone else, on getting back in gear :cp:

ollie27 10-06-2008 08:43 PM

i'm feelin a tad bit better so maybe this won't turn in to the all out flu. vitamin C to the rescue. meowkat i hope you can say the same tomorrow. and i'm glad your eating is getting back on track.

just finished my 45 minutes of yoga. thanks for the words of encouragement lizzie:) although all the inhaling and exhaling was a tad bit hard seeing as how i can barely breathe.

so monday: roger ten four good buddy

maybe yoga all week depending on how i'm improving in the crud department? regardless, my slacker arse is doing something everyday and this thread will hold me accountable, right? right. :yes:

unload2 10-07-2008 11:44 AM

So the weather held up yesterday and friend and I took the kids on a lllooong walk. Today is 45 minute lower body workout.

JamieJo 10-07-2008 12:28 PM

I'm NOT a slacker...well, at least I wasn't yesterday. Did week 3 day 1 of the C25K and made it through with more to spare! woo hoo!

ghost 10-07-2008 03:49 PM

Alright! I finally did it. I got off my arse after a two day break and did my cardio. Sunday night I pseudo strength trained on my living room floor while painting my toenails and watching a movie. Did some push ups, crunches, lunges...okay, really, I could have worked harder, but my toe nails were wet. Last night I did 60 minutes of cardio, should have pushed for 75, but some butthead was on the recumbent bike pretending to work out while his wife was working out. *rolls eyes* if your not "into" it don't come and waste valuable machine time.

This is what I don't get about people who frequent my gym. I'm there to work myself. I work it, I sweat, I groan with excertion. They read a book and doddle about. Sure, I listen to my iPod, but I'm concentraiting on getting a good workout, making an effort, sweating, burning cals, building muscle. Why pay for a huge gym membership if all you ever do is walk slowly on the treadmill, you can do that for free outside or at the store if its too cold. Going to my gym can test your will I tell ya. My coworker goes to the same gym but in the mornings and she says people aren't any better in the morning. *heavy sigh*

lizziep 10-08-2008 01:42 AM

my gym was dreadful. had the same problem with people who would hog machines and just not do anything. or sit at a weight machine and talk to someone instead of moving their butts so i can use the machine. rude! but the worst was the locker room- oh the horrors.

slackeryness got me again tonight. just don't have it in me. but- i'm down 2 more lbs so i guess i'm still doing alright.

ollie27 10-08-2008 09:34 PM

yikes. i haven't done anything for two days. i've been on campus the entire time. eck. it's 9:30 and i just got in. i do walk to school so i have been umm moving, but nothing extra.

i'm out of class tomorrow for yom kippur i think and i look forward to having the time to do some more cardio. my weight loss has kind of stalled around 144/145 so I know, I know I gotta do this thang.

i'm so proud of all ye slackers!

JamieJo 10-08-2008 10:15 PM

Come on you slackers...step it up! :)

Did week 3 day 2 of C25K tonight. I'm beat....

jandaman 10-09-2008 02:54 PM

lotsa hiking....burning calories thru stress (my mom drives me nuts....sigh) but really need to step it up a notch...
need swift kick to cushiony bottom..tanx

unload2 10-10-2008 11:50 AM

morning everyone.....heading out for a walk with the dogs and little one before I change my mind. haven't really been feeling a$$ kicking kind of exercise lately....any activity is better than none! have a great day!