3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   alternative slacker exercise thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/152704-alternative-slacker-exercise-thread.html)

ollie27 10-02-2008 08:43 AM

:coffee2: morning!

so i'm off to class for most of the day but when i get back my goal is to take time out of all my :book2: and get at least 30 minutes of cardio in.

hope today is everything everyone hopes it will be and more.

adios!

ollie27 10-02-2008 08:52 PM

just squeezed in 30 minutes of cardio with 8 minutes to spare til the debate!

thursday: hells yeah

x meowkat x 10-03-2008 02:56 AM

I've failed to do anything the entire week. At all. I haven't even tried, even though I said I would. I really am a slacker. Congrats to those who are improving :D

ollie27 10-03-2008 07:27 AM

morning, ladies. or myself. or whomever is listening.

meowkat it's cool, man. i've had a good week for exercise but the previous oh, 7 or so weeks i didn't do jack, so i can relate! this thread has really helped me, so i'll start another one next week. if at first you don't succeed try try again...and stuff. after all, tomorrow is another day.

again, goal today is at least 30 minutes of cardio and it would be soooo cool if i could get a lil but o' yoga in too. we;ve got company coming so there'll be some cleaning involved. that counts, right?

hope everyone's day is as groovy as it can be.

JamieJo 10-03-2008 09:28 AM

Did Week 2 Day 1 of the C25K last night...and I must say, feeling great about it! I found where my husband hid the scale and weighed myself this morning with no improvement...was somewhat discouraging but I'm just hoping that come Sunday, it will be less! TOM should be here today so I'm hoping that coming and going will make that scale go down! Week 2 Day 2 tonight!

unload2 10-03-2008 10:15 AM

Morning ladies....ugg it's been a long week. I totally slacked yesterday and didn't do a thing. Mandatory OT is killing me, I'm so sleepy and unmotivated. Last day is today so hope to have a rest filled weekend and back at it next week. Great job everybody! Have a great day.

lizziep 10-03-2008 01:46 PM

unload - wow glad to know there are other people out there with mandatory OT. i'm so exhausted and cranky.

BUT that being said- I have a date with my recumbent bike and some angry music tonight about 9:30 after work and dinner. I WILL keep this date. I WILL NOT get lazy.

well... we'll see. :D

ollie27 10-03-2008 03:00 PM

so just finished 30 minutes of cardio.

monday through friday: check and mate

thanks to every one for their support!

what sucks is i'm goin to a lil shin-dig where there will be quite an opportunity to reverse my entire week's work in ounces of beer.

i'm going to try to be a beer baby sitter tonight and nurse just one...

well...we'll see:D

JamieJo 10-03-2008 03:19 PM

Liz - YOU WILL NOT GET LAZY! JUST DO IT! DO IT DO IT DO IT!!

Ollie - I can't help you with motivation to baby sit tonight....I don't have that ability when I'm out! :)

ghost 10-03-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie27 (Post 2390051)
ghost - how's that pain workin out for ya?

thanks jamie. it really does help me to commit out loud and to the world wide web the goal of exercising for 5 days in a row. perhaps i can work my way up to doin it on my own. we shall see! cute kid btw.

Well, the squats and lunges made my legs sore...the pushups killed my pecks...but no matter how many freaking sit ups, crunches or core strength excercises I do I can't get that sore feeling. I get the burn when I'm working it, so I know I'm working the right areas...but, alas, no day after soreness.

I did cardio for 75 minutes last night again and registered a GAIN this am...so sick of my body, so frusterated.

JamieJo 10-03-2008 03:40 PM

Ghost - Have you ever tried resistance training with those exercise rope thingys (forgetting what they are called at the moment.....) ? I really like Barry's Boot Camp DVD's. They use those handheld ropes for resistance training and they come in different levels. I'm always sore when I finish those DVDs!

And Cardio for 75 min? Wow - that is a long stretch. What are you doing for cardio?

I also had a gain this morning and busted my butt last night (VERY DISSAPPOINTED)....everyone keeps telling me that results are not immediate and your muscles are probably heavier after what you did to them yesterday...so keep it up and stay motivated!

Don't be a slacker!!!!!!!!!!! :) hehe!

lizziep 10-04-2008 11:00 PM

haha i was totally a slacker last night. i made up for it today with a workout on the next level up on the bike and i thought i was going to croak. finally got a new scale and i'm down 10 lbs. woot! it took way too long to drop that ten though. i need to step it up.

tomorrow morning. before i do anything else i will work it out!

ollie27 10-05-2008 07:56 PM

welp, had plenty of beer friday night and am craving chocolate and (fulfilling said crave) now as i'm pms-ing, so all in all i think i've about canceled out all the cardio i did this week :) buuuut...i'm in a better position that if i hadn't done it.

think i'm coming down with the crud, too. grrr...

congrats lizzie on the loss. that's awesome!

JamieJo 10-05-2008 08:08 PM

geez - I swear that we are all on the same schedule for TOM....I had a pretty bad weekend with food because of TOM...But, the excuse is over, tomorrow is Monday, and time to get back on track!!!!

lizziep 10-06-2008 02:05 AM

SO- i said i wouldn't do anything until after i worked out. and it was true. i did nothing. all day. and it was glorious. lol. nothing like a true day OFF. i read, i even made hubby bring me breakfast. here's to tomorrow. :)