Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #16  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh missy, broken toes suck! Theres nothing you can do about them but grin and bear it though. I hope your toe heals quickly and you're back in the game soon!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Aieeee! I felt pain just reading that Missy! I hope your toe is not broken. You should have it checked out.

It is finally the end of a long week at work - hurrah! I am just relaxing this evening with a glass of wine and a book and DH playing W.O.W. in the background.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #18  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks girlies My foot is a beautiful blend of black and purple and green, and my little toe (second to last) is swollen like a little sausage! Not much that can be done and Im an absolute nut when it comes to bearing pain. For some reason I think that it builds strength or something, like if I ever get put in a situation where survival is key... Im gonna survive! LOL All is sooo good though, Dr. Zhivago is on and Im just lost to it. Ahhhhhh. Missy
Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #19  
I'm a khaleesi!!

So how did everyone's weekend treat them? Mine went pretty good. I actually got some cardio in. I hope those toes are feeling at least a little better today Missy.
I have new goals, I reached my 174 goal so I extended it to 169...gettin out of the 170's! My ultimate goal is 134 (a 100 lbs loss) but I'm taking baby steps.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

halloooooooo..painless quickee...sympathy and get better energy galore to youse guyses w/injuries, kudos to those goal-"reachers" etc etc! (inagine morrisey singing et cetera!)

personals later..tired now.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #21  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Hey! I'm wearing a Morrisey t-shirt under my scrubs today!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #22  
I'm a khaleesi!!

WHERE IS EVERYONE? Am I the only person here without a life? lol!

Yesterday was cool, I did cardio for 75 minutes! And then I slept like a baby for 9 hours. I heart sleep!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

OH NO Missy G! How's the toe? Are you able to walk around OK? I hope the pain has gotten less severe. I totally know what you mean about being able to tolerate pain - I'm an ace at it! Though some situations are better than others! LOL

In response to ghost's question, my weekend went OK. I did my 20 min exercise routine on Sunday and then went to a garden party where I stood around chatting with folks for about 2.5 hours. I was thrilled to have had glass after glass of water and to only eat food when I was hungry - no mindless eating, no unnecessary alcohol/juice calories. Yay me!

Sadly, I went home in so much pain! I'm so heavy, standing around for 1/2 hour is hard, not to mention 2.5 hours!!! ::::sigh:::: My lower back, my legs, my feet - OY! - they were all sore from standing around. Those 360 lbs on my frame really hurt sometimes.

My week is going well so far - exercised both yesterday and today, with lots of stretching after each. Not being very productive at work, though. This is not good. Should stop hanging out at 3FC... :-)

Last edited by NuevaVida; 09-16-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #24  

alloooooo no time to make good on promise

hey velveteen!! cologne is good....

ghost me also have no life...but only work work work..blah and phase one......pathetic, no?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #25  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello,

Hope things are well with everyone!

I just found out NIN are coming to town in November! now I am in a really good mood!

Other than that, not too much to report on the homefront.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #26  

Hello all,
I was going to post here before but wasn't really sure what an "alternachick" was exactly and I am still not sure what that means.... free spirit, unconventional?? not quite sure....

In some ways I think I fit and in other ways am not so sure at all.....

I am a University Professor of Sociology (probably explains my discomfort with the term) My research interests are race, gender, disability and rural sociology.
I have a herd of pets as you can see by my signature....
I have a couple of tats
I like music that drives my husband nuts, a bit eclectic
we have no two legged kids....
I am a practicing Buddhist but culturally Jewish
We have a house and a picket fence (actually a couple of picket fences that are totally unsuccessful in keeping dogs out of the garden)
We have a farm.... and are very environmentally conscious.....

so hello to everyone.....
I am not sure if this is the place for me but we shall see won't we.
S
Old 09-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #27  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Anybody can be an alternachick, I'm pretty sure even my grandma is an alternachick (she's the badest badass ever, I always tell her).

I can't believe there is only a week left in September! What is UP with that!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #28  

NIN, yay! my mom's favorite band ever..have a blast mauvaisroux
awww de wittle putty tats and puppy dawgs and boids....loving the "pettage" 36 paws (i guess that's pretty literal, huh?)
howya ghost. i am already depressed cuz there'll be gloomydoomy clouds and such until may. bleargh
Old 09-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #29  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Ya, its been depressing weather wise here too. Its been raining and super overcast, dreary, drab weather for weeks now. And I can expect winter to last till at least mid may also. I hope I get to vacation somewhere warm this winter.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi all -- sorry I've been awol so much; things insane in my department (I'm on half a dozen committees this term) but going well. OOWWWWWW, missy; hope yer toe is better. Welcome, paws-person! There are lots of academic pet lovers on this site.

Now that I think of it, my grandmother was a bit alterna too -- she'd be 109 this year if she were still alive.

I too heart fall; it's so durn hot here in the flatlands that I'm glad we're getting chilly nights (aka "good sleepin' weather").

Hope everyone is well and working out!
arg!
Closed Thread