Old 01-20-2019, 06:19 PM   #1  

Default Have a healthy week!

Hello.

I'm new to 3FC, but not new to weight issues. I work in health care. Hobbies - all sporadic and include (sewing, cooking, gardening, watching my local universities women's basketball team). I'm currently listening to author Ruth Ware and have enjoyed her books and the British accents.

My weight has slowly been creeping up. I'm 5'5" and 175 lb after a recent vacation, which was great! The vacation, not the weight gain. I tend to eat pretty healthy for weeks and then will go crazy and eat when tired, bored, stressed, happy, sad - it doesn't seem to matter. And then once I've indulged, the indulging seems to become the new normal. This am after searching for support groups I have set a goal to embrace the little goals. For instance I always overeat when visiting a relative in a nursing home. She takes FOREVER to eat, and while she is taking forever I am inhaling food like a hoover vacuum. PLUS I tend to bring her easy foods for her to consume, which often equal trouble for me. chicken salad, soup, chips, fries, etc. Today, I am embracing that I brought a tasty salad for me AND was mindful of chewing instead of the typical shove shove shove the groceries.

I aspire to losing 30 pounds so that I can wear some clothes that have been put way back in the closet, be nicer to my joints (currently experiencing issues), and gain control. Learn to postpone the impulse to salve my emotions with food.

Have a great week all you 3FC members.
Beeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #2  

You, too, Beeker! I've got 10 more pounds to go to get back to pre-Thanksgiving weight, then about 50 lbs to my goal.

Rebeccah
rprastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello, Beeker! I tended to do what you did, too. Lots of mindless eating and poor food choices to save money. That was a good idea for your nursing home visit. I've found that a large glass of sparkling water (the zero calorie kind) helps me feel more full.
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 02:10 AM   #4  

Yes! only healthy food and sport!!) This is great! I like!))
Especially this recipe - Tomato ricotta salad
My favourite!))
booo57 is offline   Reply With Quote