Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #31  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyDietBuddy View Post
Eureka! Now I see what's going on with me. Ben & Jerry's = feel good. A carrot stick, a celery stick = stop the craving, but no food rush/sugar high.
There'sthat^ and that damn CORE.
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 179/179/159

Height: 63"

Let's call it a "bad angel" sitting on my left shoulder who whispers in my ear about the foods that are in the pantry, waiting to be consumed. "Eat a fig cookie!" "Eat that ice cream!" "Eat a Hershey Bar!" Mind you, I am NOT hungry. I've just finished a meal. That thing starts whispering about the food and keeps it up all day long. (That's a metaphorical bad angel, and those are THOUGHTS -- I don't really "hear" them.) I'm not schizophrenic. But I do think it's OCD.

Last edited by JudyDietBuddy; 09-21-2017 at 08:49 AM.
JudyDietBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

I am an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad, angry, stressed or bored. Food is my happy place, it's the only pleasure I really have, so it's a real struggle for me. My other issue is financial. Money is so tight in my household, plus hubby refuses to eat healthy. I just can't afford much in the way of healthy groceries for myself.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Kandyrews. I think a lot of people have that same relationship with food. It is comforting!! The best thing to do is to find something else to occupy your time when you start to eat emotionally.

My DH doesn't like to eat healthy either, but he does not gain weight from what he eats like I do. Maybe you can start adding some healthier foods into the mix gradually, so he won't really notice it. Don't try to change it all at once. He might be surprised and find some things that he likes.

Good luck to you with your weight loss journey!
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks wannabehealthy Yes, I really need to find the right thing to occupy me to keep me from eating. I've been reading more which has helped some but I need something else. I'm so use to always snacking. So far, I've done well the last two or three days, but I'm struggling. As far as hubby, I was thinking that same thing. Things like pasta I could fix his with pasta and mine with zucchini noodles then just save the other half of the box of pasta for another meal the following week... things like that. I'm trying to come up with some healthier options he may eat without saying anything. My list is still short, but I'm working on it.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 237/178.4/165

Height: 5'10"

My biggest obstacle is and will always be my sweet tooth. That and getting older (70) and the joys of a slower metabolism. When I was young I was too thin. 120 pounds at age 20. (No that's not a typo. LOL) I had the metabolism of a teenage boy. Wish I had it now.

A close second would be stress. Ive gained some over the years but the majority of this weight attached itself to me because I over medicated myself with sweets and carbs to help me get thru some bad times. I started feeling sorry for myself and I drowned my sorrows in pie. And Ive introverted and isolated myself as Introverts are wont to do.

Slowly it has dawned on me. This just isn't working. The people that are causing me this pain are not going to change. Im an only child and like a lot of us olders my friends have all passed away. So theres no one here but me to say WTF are you doing. My husband. It would take too long to explain.

I miss the old me. Im working on getting her back. And that's why Im here.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:06 PM   #37  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

I have no support system at all
LadyVatrovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:34 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 237/178.4/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVatrovia View Post
Im sorry to hear that. What kind of support do you feel would be of help to you. There is a lot of on line support in the forums. Some people prefer that because its anonymous.

I don't have a support system either. Im an introvert and an only child so Im a little more comfortable on my own than most. Sometimes now I do feel lonely because everyone I knew family and friends are gone except for my husband. And he is the cause of almost all of my stress.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:28 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVatrovia View Post

Hi LadyVatrovia
I think the easiest way to get support on this forum is to go to the "Today's Posts" link and look at active threads -- then just jump in on one or more. On my computer, the "Today's Posts" is under the Quick Links section at the top.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:22 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 202/-/-

Red face

I can agree with 1 & 2. no more PMS for me. That was horrid on me from 12-44 years.
Menopause might be worse thoug, in terms of a weak attitude to food. Bad thing is it's all month every month. before it was 2 weeks of my month mostly. But PCOS and endometriosis gives a bad knack for salt, sweet and fatty junk food seeking.

my #3 I had my hysterectomy and my energy levels bottomed out. I added weight too.
#4 it is far cheaper to eat unhealthy so having a fullproof plan is a struggle.
#5 my family likes to eat poorly and it takes much more discipline when I have goals.
Did it once before but that was previous to surgery and almost a decade ago.
#6 bad body parts. I work around them and try to ad lib which movements my limbs
allow.
#7 relates to 4. Inflammation. my body holds weight even when I behave and
get routine fitness. composition might slightly be changing.

if this time is anything like my past efforts, it is strong positive thinking that will get the goals met though. I know we all can do it. Mind over matter and all.
Fallen.Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #41  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Question

^ is me - just found my login info and was able to resume my account. back to
working this out to get my figure and health back.
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:04 PM   #42  
Just 3 a month

S/C/G: 200/157.2/120

Height: 5'

Where do I begin listing obstacles to weight loss! My whole life has given me one big obstacle after another. Here are the big ones:

1. My metabolism is SO SLOW. Even at my very very best, when I'm exercising 6 days/week and being super careful about my food, I will only lose 3 pounds a month. So my latest approach is to accept what I can't change and do just that: lose 3 pounds a month. Three months and 9 pounds down! 40 to go, or a year. Hey, slow and steady.

2. Because my metabolism is so slow, I need to walk or bounce on my mini-trampoline for 90 minutes a day (not continuously) for it to make a diffference. I work a lot, so it's hard to find enough that much time for exercise. In these days of Covid, I just skip my shower before going to work online.

3. I will eat food compulsively if it's around me, even if I don't like it. I took charge of this by getting an old desk at a garage sale and putting it in my bedroom so I wouldn't have to work at the kitchen table. This really helped, though it made my bedroom very crowded.
auntiroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:46 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiroh View Post
Where do I begin listing obstacles to weight loss! My whole life has given me one big obstacle after another. Here are the big ones:

1. My metabolism is SO SLOW. Even at my very very best, when I'm exercising 6 days/week and being super careful about my food, I will only lose 3 pounds a month. So my latest approach is to accept what I can't change and do just that: lose 3 pounds a month. Three months and 9 pounds down! 40 to go, or a year. Hey, slow and steady.

2. Because my metabolism is so slow, I need to walk or bounce on my mini-trampoline for 90 minutes a day (not continuously) for it to make a diffference. I work a lot, so it's hard to find enough that much time for exercise. In these days of Covid, I just skip my shower before going to work online.

3. I will eat food compulsively if it's around me, even if I don't like it. I took charge of this by getting an old desk at a garage sale and putting it in my bedroom so I wouldn't have to work at the kitchen table. This really helped, though it made my bedroom very crowded.
I hear you on the slow metabolism omg...…. since menopause has hit, its slowwwwwwwww 5.1 lbs down in 2 weeks!! NOTHING like you read where peeps have a huge loss ,... but I know that IP loses a diff way, that you could be a highter weight on scale but LOOK smaller. I like that
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:30 AM   #44  

I see food and eat it. I’ve only just discovered I do this after reading about mindful eating. I catch myself at it all the time.

i tend to eat too much after a wine or 6.

I don’t enjoy cooking so meals are quick and boring

Last edited by Lobo; 06-19-2021 at 09:47 AM.
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote