Old 07-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Default Officially 50 Now: What Changed???

I just turned the Big 50.

I dont feel any different than when i had turned 30 or 40.

I am more aware of ageism on the job and in preventing older women and older college grads from even applying to certain advertised jobs out there.

I am aware that my metabolism is a tad slower.

I retain water more easily now than I did in my 30' or 40's.

I am not even eligible to take the same female hormone that I took in my 40's. They say it causes too many problems for "older women."

But I loved that hormone because e it also addressed LL-PD,PMS and water retention, in addition to also the obvious use of it, which was not my purpose either.

Anyhow, so now I am using a hormone for older women, began at age 42-ish , on that 1.

Now I must do any exercise I engage in w/ more vigor. Otherwise its a waste of time in burning up calories for weight loss.

I just realized the other day that I cant eat popcorn any more either. My mouth doesn't close the same way and I'm at risk for chomping down on a kernel and you know what happens then.....?

I still have so many places I haven't seen or gone to like Disney Land. I would love to go there every 5 yrs. The shows at Great America that i always thought would have been fun to see, when in my 20's.

My friends just wanted to do the rides and I wanted to see the shows and they always got their way. Perhaps they were secretly Discriminating Against Me and keeping me sheltered from Knowing The Truth???

I still dont even know what type of car I will drive if this old car dies on me. I wish the buses round here were easier to use, and we had closer bus stops, like in the olden days before I got my license. The bus stops were all closer here to home, back in my teen years.

Taking the bus seems depressing when 1 must walk blocks just to get to the closest stop and then have to transfer at the BART station because that's how our bus system works round here.

Now our local BART station has gone and complicated the parking too. 1 needs a permit to park in front of the BART lot. This use to be an advantage of being able to drive 1/2 mile to BART.

The hike to BART is to far and I dont know anything about what to do about parking my car, with all the new permit regulations being enforced.

Our little neighborhood was nice just being able to drive and park at our BART station at our convenience. Now the entire city blocks, within blocks around BART require a darn permit.

People with mobility problems cant just park and ride BART any longer. No, 1st they must go get a permit , and then walk back to the car to place it on the window, and then, and only Then, walk all the way back to B_A_R_T, ughhhhhhhhh Station, and await their lovely BART Then they also must make sure they dont put their feet up, after ALL that walking either, or They shall be thrown OFF BART too......

Great they seem to be segregating the wealthy from Ghetto trash in the BART lots now, I suppose??? But our neighborhood seemed to like it the way it was. We are all fairly = around our BART station. Now the parking is safer as it discourages the "Rif-Raf" from loitering in the lot or anything with their unwanted loud trashy cars.

I luv SF's MUNI and rail car system, they just go and exit whenever they get to where they wish to go and no complications either. The " M " Train or MUNI bus brings you to a specific place, like The Beach Front or something???

No, I have never taken a Cable Car in my entire memory of life. I hate that I am so sheltered here at age 50. I dont have a "Bad" husband but I dont have any husband at all. This too is a lonely and bit scary thought for me too. In my 20's I was on the "Engagement" track but then things just abruptly changed for me and for my "X" too.

So I come to this website to chat about weight loss support. Currently my water weight is up and its that time of the month. Its like that every 14 days actually.

This 5 Lbs in weight gain before my menses is the worst. The swollen belly, the slothful , lack luster feeling, the neck and back pain, and just over all feeling of PMS is a pain to the female membrane.....

So that' s where I am at now. Bye all.....

What's changed for you after reaching age 50.....?

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 07-15-2016 at 04:30 PM.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote