Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Cajun, since you, Mary and I are all on the 1-1-1, maybe we can help each other stay on track. Do you want to start posting your menu? Mary does most of the time, I do once in awhile because I'm lazy. Or maybe you have some suggestions we can do to stay OP.
Hi Bobbi,

I am not on 1-1-1, but I REALLY need to start posting my food. I just keep gaining & am starting to panic.

I definitely need something to get me back on track.

Lynn
Old 06-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
What a happy morning to actually reach 10 pounds lost! I can tell that some of my clothes fit better, I have dropped my one BP med but must admit I look forward to hearing from someone, "you look like you have lost weight"! I am averaging 900 cals a day...the only way I can lose, and am only hungry once in a while. I cannot eat a lot at one time, so that is good.....I will reset my goal when I reach it, doing small goals is easier for me......so if I need to lose 30 pounds, when will this slightly vain old lady hear those words!
Hi Deelou,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 06-03-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #33  

Today's Food Intake -

6:30 am - 1/2 protein bar

12 noon - veggie stew (green & yellow squash, eggplant, onions, mushrooms, garlic, chickpeas, olive oil, and diced tomatoes) and a piece of Italian bread

7:30 - protein drink (skim milk, protein powder, vanilla, Truvia, flaxseed oil, frozen cherries)

10:45 - 1/2 glass skim milk & 1 pkg 100-cal shortbread cookies

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 06-03-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #34  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lynn...posting your menu would be beneficial for you plus it gives the other Golden Girls a chance to see what others are eating. Sometimes I get in a rut and like new ideas.

When I don't watch what I eat, I don't post here. Probably because I don't want to be reminded I'm on a diet. To all that need to get back on track, start posting again...it really helps. Been there, done that. AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Bobbi thanks for the help. I will try and post my foods and hopefully it helps.
Yesterday

Breakfast
Yogurt protein
Dry cheeros 1 cup carb
2 slices bacon fat
Lunch
4 oz grilled pork chop protein
Corn carb
Pat of butter on corn fat
Afternoon snack
Protein bar protein
Blueberries and strawberries 1cup carb
No fat
Supper
6 oz chicken protein
1/2 cup rice carb
Gravy fat
Fresh green beans veg free

That's the menu for yesterday. I didn't get a morning snack. My breakfast is late by the time I'm finished with the kids.

I have to do something or buy new jeans which I refuse yo do.

Mary there are some things that confuse me also. But like you I will do what I think. I guess as long as we do something it's better than nothing.

Lynn I know how you are feeling. I've been gaining non stop. I lost total control.
Sorry to hear you had the same thing. Mine lasted 4 days before I took the Imodium. Even after I took it I'm still getting the cramps. My stomach is still not right. No nausea but cramps.

Deelou awesome. I know you are feeling proud.

Gayle congrats on your a1c reading. My sister is sitting her grand kids for the summer and she wears them out in the pool. They are too tired to even complain. Maybe you can get maddie tuckered out in the pool and get your exercise at the same time. Lol.

Exquisite run welcome back. Congrats on you weight loss. I have lost that amount of weight only to put 40 lbs back on and it's so disappointing. It doesn't come off easy the second time.

Rosey it finally got warm up in Alaska. We are 90 + degrees. Very humid and hot. Sunday we entered hurricane season. Much dreaded.

Liana I think some of the things the FDA do are horrible. Hopefully they are making them post what's in it. Like peanut butter labels have to label a trace if it could be in there. Not good for people with allergies.

Lucinda I admire your awesome will power to stay on plan. Food is a double edge sword. We need it to live but it can kill you too. An addict can stay away from what he's addicted to but a food addict is tempted every time he puts something in his mouth.

Karen31 you and Tim are in my prayers.

Karen3 I still think of you often. Hope you are well after your surgery.

Gayle. I pressed your like button. Thanks.

Donna hope you are doing ok.

I will post menu from today in tomorrow's post. Thanks Bobbi. Hope this works!!!

Hi to anyone I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #36  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
What a happy morning to actually reach 10 pounds lost! I can tell that some of my clothes fit better, I have dropped my one BP med but must admit I look forward to hearing from someone, "you look like you have lost weight"! I am averaging 900 cals a day...the only way I can lose, and am only hungry once in a while. I cannot eat a lot at one time, so that is good.....I will reset my goal when I reach it, doing small goals is easier for me......so if I need to lose 30 pounds, when will this slightly vain old lady hear those words!

I have to respond to that, DeeLou - I've waited in vain for people to notice my transformations, and finally, I ask if they need glasses or WHAT?? They've responded with "oh, I didn't want to offend you"... PLEASE, OFFEND ME!! We'll tell you: "Looking good!"

Gorgeous morning here. My knee is almost at 100%, so the displaced pain has returned to my hip. Guess my brain can only handle hurting in one area? Anyway, two weeks from today is surgery (I HOPE)....

Hope you're all doing well. Later, lovelies!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default This morning's breaky

Hi to all the girls, hope your day is on track, I know for most it is half over, . Perks of living in the West,

Here's my breakfast (maintenance, so I'm probably eating more of some things than you guys do.) Copied from MyFitnessPal.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
Irene's - Cheese & Onion Bread - gluten free, 1 slice 120 18 5 6 5 3 
Genova - Tonno Solid Light Tuna - In Olive Oil - Drained, 1.98 oz 79 0 5 9 0 0 
Laughing Cow 1 Wedge (Canada) - Light Cheese Wedge, 2 wedge 50 2 3 4 0 2 
Olympic - Krema Greek Yogurt 11% Plain, 0.07500000000000001 cup (175g) 25 1 2 1 0 1 
Patak's - Lime Indian Style Pickle - Canada, 0.4 tablespoons 14 0 1 0 0 0
Raw Fresh Strawberries - Fresh Strawberries, 166 g 53 8 0 1 2 0 
Totals for the meal
341 29 16 21 7 6
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar (measured in grams)

We are busy today! Randy is working and I am getting stuff ready for our hiking trip to the Rockies (Kananaskis/Canmore) and then off to a very fancy Inn for the weekend - a Relais & Chateaux Inn http://www.kensingtonriversideinn.com/

DH is at his limit - time for a break from work - he's been going 6 days a week, very active job, and then yardwork, household chores, car repairs, etc on Sundays.

Liana
Old 06-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #38  

Height: 5'3"

Glad to see you so many posting their eating. Since I got off-track, my weight has quickly got up and so has my bs. Seems like I'm always starting over again, but better to keep trying than not try at all. I'd hate to see how much I'd weigh if I stopped trying.

Yesterday was a fun day with getting the message. Unfortunately we left there very hungry so went out for lunch and I got off track again for the rest of the day. Dh is fishing today so I'm on my own. Plan to go to the gym and then grocery shopping and CU for cash.

Today's eating
breakfast - forgot fiber but pretty well made it up at lunch
Cinnamon raisin bread - 1 small slice with 1/2 T Smart Balance - carb and fat
Egg scrambled in cooking spray - protein

Walked track at least 10 min at fairly fast pace but no jogging today as I was talking on phone to my sister. Then stationary bike for 18 min. at 10.

am snack
Small thin cracker with a bit of cheese with fig jelly on top - sample at grocery store. - carb, fat and protein (on stricter version)

lunch
chili with beans - protein and carb
mixed nuts - fat

pm snack
sugar free fudgsicle - carb, fat(chocolate) and protein

Last edited by maryea; 06-03-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #39  
Bobbi

I stayed OP all day. My pork loin gravy was fat free so can't really consider it as fat. Broth was from yesterday's pork loin & refrigerated over night, a little hardened fat around the edge of bowl which I picked off for fat free broth.
I'm saving my PM snack for after supper, tonights soft serve ice cream going to be strawberries. I picked up a 4 pound bag of frozen strawberries at walmart today, $8.77...great deal. About 2.19 a pound.

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One - Carb
Flax seeds, ground - Fat
Almond Milk - Protein

AM Snack: 1/2 Peanut Butter, Bacon/celery/lettuce Roll- up
1/2 Flat out-Carb
PB2 (peanut butter)-Protein
1/2 strip crispy bacon-Fat
stick of celery & lettuce -Free

Lunch: I ate the other 1/2 roll - up from AM snack.

PM Snack: Skipped

Supper:
Pork Loin - protein
Mashed potatoes -Carb
1 Tablespoon butter & a tad of gravy -Fat
2 cups green beans-Free
After supper snack, almond milk and blueberry soft serve.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-04-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #40  

Hi everyone.. another nice day here sunny but cold out. I was a lazy girl today.lounged around and puttered.It was quiet but nice. Hope your day was too. My eating was more controlled becuz I was going to post my foods starting today,and I plan on limiting the snacks or better none at night. I wish us all success in our plans for ourselves. rosey

Breakfast
coffee
lo sugar instant oatmeal 1 pkg apple cinnamon

lunch
diet pizza 1 slice
green grapes 1 cup
iced tea

snack
1/4 c almonds
coffee mocha smoothie

dinner
1 slice meatloaf
1/2 c scalloped potatoes
spoon of mixed cooked vegies
cuke and tomatoes

didn't make it,had a snack about 10pm
1/2 p butter and banana sandwich
iced tea

Last edited by akrosey49; 06-04-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #41  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

ok I will post what I ate today too!
Breakfast was a fresh salad with one teaspoon of cashew butter mixed in as dressing
lunch was sauteed brussel sprouts with sauteed portebello mushrooms
dinner was raosted cauliflower, roasted mushrooms, roasted eggplant all dressed up in homemade tomatoe sauce and for snack 15 black grapes.
I eat copious amounts of salad and vegetables

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 06-03-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:19 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, I want to hear more about "1/2 Peanut Butter, Bacon/celery/lettuce Roll- up." How do you do that?

Mary, I, too, keep starting over and won't quit trying. I always think "If you think I'm fat now, you should see me if I stop dieting!" LOL I only lose a pound every couple months it seems, but if I ate just what and when I wanted, I would be so much bigger! I have a man's appetite.

Lucinda, are you a vegetarian? All your vegetables sound delicious!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 AM   #43  
Bobbi

Good Morning girls!

So happy to see all the menu's posted. Rosey...Bruce wanted me to buy him some green grapes for snacking after supper in place of his real ice cream. He likes me to sprinkle them with calorie free sugar and freeze them. I put them on a cookie sheet in the chest freezer until frozen, then transfer to a zip bag.

Carol Sue...since we need to have protein and fat at all 5 meals, I use PB2 peanut butter. It has no fat so I can use that mixed up for my protein and still have a slice of bacon for my fat at the same meal. I make up one serving of PB2, spread it on a whole Flat Out. (I keep fried bacon wrapped in paper towel and zip bag in the freezer. ) Put one slice bacon on end of flatout, wash and place celery stick next to bacon, shred some lettuce, add that to peanut butter, bacon and celery and roll it up. I then cut in half, store the half in frig for later snack, eat the other half for AM snack or lunch.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-04-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #44  
Bobbi

I just read what I wrote about the AM snack, I'm not sticking to the plan very well. I am never, ever hungry after my late breakfast so I usually eat my 1st 1/2 PB2 roll-up for lunch and the other half for my afternoon PM snack. I'm eating the missed morning snack after supper with my soft serve mock ice cream.

Glynne...did you try the mock ice cream yet. If it helps you, one ice cube tray of almond milk equals 1 cup almond milk. (be sure to buy the 30 calorie unsweetened almond milk.) You can put 1/2 tray of frozen almond milk (7 cubes) and 1/3 to 1/2 cup liquid almond milk in the blender. Add frozen fruit, fruit should always be frozen. Then blend, add sugar free sweetener and any extracts you like.

I waited a week before I changed my ticker to be sure the couple pounds were actually gone, they are.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-04-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning girls. Last night I played pokeno. I've been playing with this group of ladies for 31 years. I tied for 3 rd place and lost. Oh well it was still fun. We had a lot of laughs.

My food for yesterday:

Breakfast
1 egg protein
2 slices bread carb
1/2 tsp mayo:fat made an egg sandwich

Morning snack none

Lunch
Chicken protein
Rice carb
Gravy leftovers fat

Snack
Protein bar protein
Popcorn carb
Almonds fat

Supper (at pokeno)
Hamburger protein carb
Onion rings fat

As you noticed I tend to eat the same foods until I get tired of them. I think I should be eating lighter at lunch instead of leftovers but I started doing this with out stocking up at the grocery store.

Rosey I could send you some heat. We have plenty.

Carol sue I think the same thing. Where would I be if I just ate and ate. Probably on the show" my 600 lb body". No matter how bad I do I always manage to put the brakes on my eating.

Lucinda are you a vegetarian? I don't see any meats in your menu. If you want to kill me taking away my meat would do it. I've always been a meat eater. My dad called me a buzzard when I was a lil girl. I can still remember him fussing at me cuz I ate just meat.

Bobbie we are all jumping on the posting menu band wagon. Maybe this will give us the courage to all do well.

Liana when are you going on your hiking trip. Sounds like fun. Just breathing that fresh mountain air is awesome.

Mary how was the massage? I bet you came out feeling like jello!!

Donna sorry to hear about your pain. I'm praying for you. Hopefully 2weeks will come fast for you.

Hi to all I missed!!!!

I forgot to tell y'all. Yesterday I started some floor exercises with weights. When I came back from pokeno I went to bed and did more leg exercises in bed. Dh laughed and said" you wanna work those legs you should have come with me this afternoon tromping thru the mud running my rabbit dogs". Of course that not going to happen. This girl hates to sweat. Lol.

Got to get busy with those babies.

Hugs
Cajun
Closed Thread