25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread3

You're on Page 4 of 36
Go to
  • staying the course
    After a week of steady healthy choices, my weigh in on Saturday was so encouraging--down 5 lbs. I know it seems extreme, but that is always how it is for me on the 1st week or two, after that my body creeps downward. But what I can take off in a week or 2 by steady good choices, can go back on in just one weekend of free-for-all eating.
    Anyways, I managed to avoid the temptations that started to haunt me this weekend, by keeping busy & having a sane approach to planning my meals ahead.
    Corrina, you encourage me by seeing your commitment as you are so close to your goal. I also, hope someday my DH will join me. He has type2 diabetes--unfortunately he'd rather have a shot and eat how he likes then not take insulin and limit his food choices.
    All of you encourage me, too!
    I want to write more, but must get to work...I think I mentally post something here every day
    must run, R
  • Good morning and congrats to all of you who lost weight, which sounds like everyone! Jude how on earth did you lose 3.4 pounds? Are you following a certain plan?

Welcome to Jeannie!

have a good day everyone!
    Andi
  • I just noticed that JulyStar is down 5 pounds! Way to go!!
  • Checking in and found out I made it to onederland! Keep on rocking ladies!! xxx
  • Fantastic work Julystar!!!

Sorrow, you made it to onederland. Now it's time to focus on the next hump. Keep it up.
  • Hello all,

Julystar - Congratulations on the 5 lbs. You can keep on with this journey. I know it can be hard doing it by yourself - I am doing it alone too - but remember you aren't really alone - you have us

Sorrow - Yay for making it to Onederland - awesome job, keep it up!! I am hoping to join you there this week.

Andi -
    I kind of follow my own plan that I have found by trial and error works for me. To start with I am a carboholic, so I avoid them as much as I can.
    I also write down everything I eat everyday - this has been a real eye opener.
    I dont keep track of calories or carbs, but I do weigh and measure. I try to keep meats(lean) and fish at around 4oz. serving, and veg (non-starchy ones) at around 8 oz. a serving. Bread I only eat if it is special low carb bread, and I will eat a limited amount of fruits, but only the lower carb ones (berries, apple, orange, cantaloupe or peach). I will also eat egg or fat-free sugar free greek yogurt as protein
    I limit myself to about 2-3 servings a day each of protein and veg and maybe 1 or 2 fruit and/or bread.
    I very rarely buy pre-packaged or prepared items (low-carb bread being one). This helps me plan ahead, as I need time to prepare everything myself. It's also healthier knowing exactly what I am putting in my body, and making sure there is nothing else sneaking in there - they put so much hidden stuff in!
    That's basically it, other than I always drink 3-4 litres(basically the same as quarts?) of water a day.

Sorry this ran on so long, but it's kind of hard to explain when it's not any structured diet plan. All I know it works for me, and I am finding it pretty easy to stick to.

Jude
  • Making Positive Changes In Your Life - Part 3
    The Stages of Change......

• Good morning gals, and Jude, thanks for replying with your own "diet" plan. Your is very similar to my own, but since I've been doing it a while I don't see drastic losses.

Welcome to Onederland Sorrow!

Went to WW yesterday and I stayed the same - not surprising since they said I lost 6 lbs last week. I have been getting up early and walking/jogging for almost 2 miles so I hope that makes a difference next week. Also plan on attending "weight" classes at our local rec center on Wed and Saturdays. I attended last Sat so this evening I'll go back. The "planks" are killer!

This weekend should be busy mulching my yard, which should burn some calories for sure!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Andi
  • Andi - with all that work, you are sure to lose some weight.
  • Today's weigh-in has me the same. So I am holding fast for now.

Memorial Day is coming up. Great time to see family, friends, and/or do some traveling. I will be away from this site for a few weeks, but thinking of all of you at meal time and when making choices. I don't want to let you down. We are all in this together, so stay strong. You can do it. You will. We will all be winnner's in the end!!!!

Best wishes until next time and with a double dose of
  • Down 2.4 lbs. Made better choices this week and was busy here on the farm......have a great week everyone and stay focused!
  • Today's weigh-in - down 1.8 lbs

Renee - Fantastic on your loss this week Keep doing what you are doing - it seems to be really working!!

Corinna - Enjoy your time away, we will be thinking of you.

Andi - I wish I could motivate myself to take weight classes, but I work shift work and that always seems to be my convenient excuse. I too am working up a sweat out in the yard this week, so I hope that counts as exercise

Sorrow - I have joined you in onederland!!

Have a great week everyone,

Jude
  • Good job, Jude!
  • Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
    4/26 = 215.2 = -7.9
    5/4 = 214.8 = -8.3
    5/10 = 214.5 = -8.6
    5/17 = 214.1 = -9
    5/24 = 213.8 = -9.3
  • Good day all,

AAD - Good job Whatever you are doing is definitely working for you, your losses each week are steady and consistent.

I have finally had a few days off and had the chance to get out and work in the garden - actually my daughter's garden. She is pregnant (as a surrogate) and because it is a surrogacy, is considered high risk until the end of the first trimester (almost there), so has to limit how much hard work she does.

Luckily I got the garden done this weekend, as we had a thunderstorm last night and today is grey, rainy and cold - it is expected to be like this for the next few days. However, we do need the rain, it has been very dry.

I baked a fresh peach pie for a family dinner last night. It smelled really good, but I am finding that as my weight continues to go down, my desire to stay on plan gets stronger, and it is much easier to resist temptation.
    And NO, I didn't have any!!

Hope everyone is feeling as positive about this week as I am,
    Jude