Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #181  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Oh My darling sisters... we who are all on this magical journey together. We who are all learning and re-leaarning how to be good to ourselves and how to feed ourselves in a loving mindful way... I had the moderators remove my over sized photo b/c it was TOO BIG!
Maryea, you new avatar is friendly and your hair is so pretty.
I have a KIndle that I do not love. I force myself to use it b/c in for a dime, in for a dollar.
Cajun, you anniverary plans sound wonderful.. I hope the romance is blushing on the bloom. I get goofy trying to woo my husband. HE just requires a glance his way and he is good to go...me I like flowers, music and sweet talk.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #182  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies! We are FINALLY beginning to thaw out! Beautiful weather today. At work with hubby and my manager Cheryl (whom I just love!) So far today eating is good. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Cajun Happy Anniversary!! May God grant ya'll many more blessed years together!!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #183  

Doesn't appear to apply to anyone here but they are now offering a $20 GC to anyone that buys an upgraded kindle (incl white paper) and who is willing to trade-in their old Kindle. Has to be in good shape though and because of the steam damage, mine is not. Too bad because I would probably do it. Here's the link in case anyone is interested:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1002171911
Old 03-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
Wow great haircut Liana. And I am wondering how you got your photos to be the right the size.
Thanks all, for the haircut comments lol. My husband said (when I met him at the door that evening), "Wow, you look like a rocker chick!" Thank you, honey, thank you very much!

Lucinda: my digital camera downloads in jpeg format to my computer in Windows Live Photo Gallery & I don't have to change anything. Maybe you are downloading in a different format? bitmap? gif? and the Add Attachments may not give you enough space in those formats. You can resize if you are using Windows Live Photo Gallery, you'll probably have to do a search for the instructions as I never remember them myself.
Liana
Old 03-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Maryea: I like your new cut also. My hair is quite wavy (the wave in my before pix is my own - even after sleeping on it) so I will be able to do a lot with the new do. Straighten pieces with the iron, or scrunch for curliness. Will have to play... take a day and muck around trying things with your new cut too & see what you come up with.
Nice new avatar by the way.

I am thinking it's time to change mine now that everyone is back from Sochi, lol.
Liana
Old 03-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Breakfast - Nugo protein bar

Lunch - 1/2 club sandwich

Snack - Two 70% cocoa chocolate squares

Dinner - 1/2 Amy's pizza

Snack - Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich

Lynn
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #187  

Hi everyone. another nice sunny day but cold. dh had pt today so I had some "me" time and didn't do anything productive my dogs where up woofing early this am,not sure what was up probably a moose walking thru our yard,they don't miss a thing and I don't need an alarm system as they let us know whats up. I was irritated that they had basketball on today and tomorrow.. no young and the restless or the price is right. grrrr im a creature of habit and do not like my routine changed. dh finished the work tables in the craft room,next shelving in the walk in closet and new lights and I can move in.. the only expense was for screws and nails. we used the things we had,mixed diff paints and used plywood and scrap lumber.a friend even has the lights we need,free is a good price it looks wonderful to me,not fancy but serviceable. I can get messey with my crafts my kids and grkids call them "crafty fluffs" lol. as u can tell im so excited to have my own craft room. after all dh has sheds,garage,cabins etc full of his stuff. its about time and I love the fact that he id doing it so willingly,maybe becuz he wants to go mule deer hunting in new mexico and a happy contented wife gets him what he wants hope your day is going well rosey
Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

we went to Kansas City yesterday and overall it was pretty productive. This is what I had posted on my facebook.

"Tim has to have another CAT scan today. And then we have to come up next Tuesday and Wednesday ( will stay overnight) Tuesday is more tests ( the scope through the throat again to see what stage the cancer tumor is now) and Wednesday they will meet with him again and start chemo. This will all be done prior to getting his surgery done at KU. He meets with the surgeon on Thursday. Keep the prayers coming. Thanks"

Thanks for all the prayers and I am pooped!!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #189  
I am more than weight.

Default Praying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
we went to Kansas City yesterday and overall it was pretty productive. This is what I had posted on my facebook.

"Tim has to have another CAT scan today. And then we have to come up next Tuesday and Wednesday ( will stay overnight) Tuesday is more tests ( the scope through the throat again to see what stage the cancer tumor is now) and Wednesday they will meet with him again and start chemo. This will all be done prior to getting his surgery done at KU. He meets with the surgeon on Thursday. Keep the prayers coming. Thanks"

Thanks for all the prayers and I am pooped!!
I am new to this thread but please know of my prayers for both of you.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:41 AM   #190  
kosherveganchick

Karen 31-I am thinking of you and Tim, and praying that you find the strength to hold yourself together no matter what obstacles may lie ahead.

Sometimes I think of how small and insignificant my particular "struggle" is when compared to the vastness of G-d's powerful hand and how being mindful and awe filled is important for maintaining core values.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen31, you and Tim are both in my prayers.

Maryea, I saw the $20 offer for the Kindle. I would gladly trade in my Pandigital, but it was not among the accepted brands. They will accept Kindle, Nook or Kobe. My Nook is too good to trade in for $20.

I requested a script from my PCP for some bloodwork. I have an appointment with my cardiologist next week and he will want bloodwork done, too. It's time for me to get serious about my health and quit playing around. I know what I need to do, just need a little push to get me doing it.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Today is finally here. Packing for our trip. Our supper is cooked and cooling. Everything just about done. Hopefully we get to leave at 330. Our boys are working in Alabama for the week and are on their way home for the weekend. They will go back Sunday for a month. Hopefully we get to see them before we leave.

Mary it's our 30 th anniversary. I think it pretty special.
Sorry I don't have time for personal. Be back on here Monday. Ready to start my new healthy eating diet.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 03-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #193  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Good morning ladies. Today is finally here. Packing for our trip. Our supper is cooked and cooling. Everything just about done. Hopefully we get to leave at 330. Our boys are working in Alabama for the week and are on their way home for the weekend. They will go back Sunday for a month. Hopefully we get to see them before we leave.

Mary it's our 30 th anniversary. I think it pretty special.
Sorry I don't have time for personal. Be back on here Monday. Ready to start my new healthy eating diet.

Hugs
Cajun
Have a wonderful time!!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #194  
kosherveganchick

I had and am having a re-action to ingesting sugar yesterday. I attended a women's class in salad making. The lady doing the recipes and demonstration is Persian, so I really looked forwards to trying new flavor combos. Even though I watched as she added sugar to 3 of the dishes, I felt pressured to eat them b/c the women at this meeting know I am a vegan and they were excited for me, because 3 of these salads were vegan. Although I did not overeat, my body reacted to the sugar. I am still thirsty, and I am having a hard time quelling my hunger... but I have not fallen off my wagon. I will drink tea with sweet n low until these cravings pass. I can do this.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #195  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
I had and am having a re-action to ingesting sugar yesterday. I attended a women's class in salad making. The lady doing the recipes and demonstration is Persian, so I really looked forwards to trying new flavor combos. Even though I watched as she added sugar to 3 of the dishes, I felt pressured to eat them b/c the women at this meeting know I am a vegan and they were excited for me, because 3 of these salads were vegan. Although I did not overeat, my body reacted to the sugar. I am still thirsty, and I am having a hard time quelling my hunger... but I have not fallen off my wagon. I will drink tea with sweet n low until these cravings pass. I can do this.
Yes you can, cheering you on!!!
Closed Thread