Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #31  

Height: 5'3"

I could swear that I already posted today but I can't find it. So if it's hiding here somewhere (you know I'm good at hiding things!) some of this may be a duplication.

We went to the gym as usual and then went to the mall and I bought some workout capri pants. Had to get a petite to get the length I wanted. In long pants that doesn't always work as sometimes petite is too short (and regular too long!) but in shorts and capris it usually works for me anymore (since I've shrunk in height). Then we came home to do housework (me), and yard work (dh). It got to 79 today again. Very nice but a bit warm if working outside.

I'm achy these days ...not only my injured arm but my other arm and my lt leg plus the back of my rt knee is giving me trouble. It seems to spasm when I'm walking sometimes (like it's giving out) and is kinda sore all the time now...I'm wondering if this is what people call their knee buckling? I'm also wondering if I have arthritis in it. I haven't had any trouble with arthritis before. I also have trouble with my left ankle suddenly feeling weak and kind of hurting and I have to limp until it goes away. I have had this every now and then for some time now. When I get on the track and start walking, I feel better but am a bit anxious about jogging when my ankle feels like it could go out on me any minute. Now that I'm 70 it seems like I am falling apart! Sorry to be so complaining but it's just a fact. I'm not letting it hold me back.

Tonight we are on our own for dinner. Dh is having an asian frozen entree with rice. Not sure yet what I'm having since I kinda snacked off and on all afternoon.

breakfast
PB mocha - forgot and used a tablespoon of pb but added a little extra protein.
1/4 lg apple

lunch
3 chicken drumettes
little less than 1/2 c potato salad

afternoon snack
individual size ice cream - 160 cal
sunflower seeds
1/2 c canned peaches with 1 oz cheese

dinner
vegetable beef soup and crackers

Cajun - we used to have a small trampoline and I enjoyed it even though I wasn't much into exercise in those days.

Debbie - A cruise sounds great...have fun!!

Bobbi - I'm sure you ARE very busy with all that fixing up your house..glad you are getting some help. I know I'd feel sad living our house too as we've been here 36 years and raised our children here...our oldest dd was 12 and our ds 8 but the younger ds was only 18 mo and the youngest dd was born here in the house. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new home though..it's just a change and change is harder as we get older.

Last edited by maryea; 05-03-2013 at 10:52 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #32  

Hi had a nice day. it was raining hard till mid-day then the sun came out. managed some time on the deck. its my quiet spot and seem to crave it. did some house work,and worked on the prayer shawl im making. i invited my dd and grdd for dinner. she been working alot and her dh is out of town so thought id pamper them abit. we had great time. hoping your weekends peaceful. rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
sm slice of pizza

snack coffee mocha
1/4 cup almonds

dinner
1/2 chix breast
1/2 c mashed potatoes with 2 T gravy
green salad

snack
sf fudgesicle

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-04-2013 at 12:24 AM.
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #33  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

Just checking in... nothing much to report.

I'm feeling better, but I can still hear a rattle in the upper right lung. I hope that goes away soon, don't LIKE that! My weight has been stable for the last couple of days, so I think I lost an official 5# through this. I'll take it, even though it was a rough way to lose it!

Rosey - your deck time sounds lovely! I'll bet it's really pretty there this time of year. We're finally getting some warmth and sun, too. I'm ready for some spring weather, and I hope it doesn't just jump into summer. Everything is so green and lush after all the snows.

Nothing on the agenda for today, just normal domestic things. Blah, blah, blah type stuff.

Hope you're all well! Later!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #34  

Just a quick post this am. we are going to our dd's for a BBQ this afternoon and I am taking a pineapple upside down cake so need to get it made. Looks like a nice day and supposed to get nice and warm. I've been getting too much sodium and my weight is up again today and the BBQ probably won't help. Hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #35  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Cajun: Thanks so much for the tip on the trampoline. I bought one earlier today and tried it out. I haven't been able to jog for more than 10 seconds in as long as I can remember, but I had no problems jogging on the trampoline. I think I will very much enjoy it! I hope your yard work is going well.

Mary: Sorry to hear about your troubles with your knees and ankles...not fun. I hope you enjoy your BBQ this afternoon.

It's a beautiful day here today. I went for my walk this morning, plus I jogged on my new trampoline. The weather is so nice that I think I will go for another walk this afternoon. I'm fortunate in that I live in a very quiet rural area, and I just love my walks. I hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #36  

a gorking kinda day rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
1/2 ham and cheese sand
slice watermelon

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal mini bag micro popcorn

dinner
lean cusine salad fix'ns
chix cranberry.add your own lettuce

snack
Kind (natural no additives dried cherrys and nut bar with dk chocolate)
Old 05-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #37  

We had a nice time at the BBQ yesterday but I know I ate too much. Then today after church we went out to eat and again, I felt stuffed when I left. So know I overdid again. At least I didn't order dessert. Having trouble with eating out. Just can't eat salads all the time. Here at home I do ok. I am not tracking today though. It's a beautiful day...wish I could get over this achiness and enjoy it. Think I'll take a nap, maybe that will help.

This is a good site: http://www.coachcalorie.com/

Rosey - You are so consistent, I admire that.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #38  

it was a beautiful day here,the sunshine was wonderful

breakfast
1 egg
1/2 hashbrown pattie
sm slice ham
coffee

lunch
cheese stick
10 tiny pretzel twists
vegie sticks(carrotts,celery,cukes,green pepper)
fat free ranch dressing for dip

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
sm breaded pork cutlet with sf apricot jam
brocollii with cheese

snack
sf fudgesicle
Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #39  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,
What a weekend. I'm tired. Friday afternoon after work dh and I peeled 2 sacks of crawfish and put that in the freezer. Saturday morning I went into town to do a little shopping and run errands. I got back about noon and helped dh work on the water well shed. We stopped about 3 and went to the pond and ran the crawfish traps. We caught 5 sacks. Came back home and peeled 2 of the sacks. Fell into bed that night. Yesterday I cooked lunch and brought over to ds's house. They were trenching the water and electrical lines. We hauled pipe for the men. Came back home and boiled the other 3 sacks of crawfish. Sister and bil,brother and sil and our moms came over to eat. Fell into bed last night so tired.
My eating was ok this weekend with only a couple mess ups. Nothing too bad. I just finished my jog this morning. I feel pretty good today.

Susan I'm glad you are enjoying the mini trampoline. I sure do. It has been one of the reason I dropped 6 sizes. Every week since I started back I try to increase my jumps. Did yours come with a meter? The thing I like about it is it's easy on the joints and you still get the benefits of jogging.

Bobbi I hope your renovations are going well.

Rosey I'm glad you got your sunshine. We were chilly yesterday with wind and sunshine. Overall it was a beautiful day.

Mary I think I'm taking in too much sodium too. We have been boiling a lot of crawfish that are highly seasoned and it's been keeping my weight up. My rings are tight from the fluid.

Hello to everyone.
I have some work to catch up on.
Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #41  

As I suspected, my earlier post did not go through. There was a problem with the site.

Went to the gym this morning as usual but after walking the track, I decided to do the hand bike since it was available and then went right on to the weight machines and forgot to ride the regular bike! So only got about 16 min of cardio this time! Then we stopped at the store and picked up a card for our gd who is graduating. Actually we will have another one graduating in June.

Hope you're all having a good Monday. Seems like we are few these days...with the nicer weather we are too busy I guess.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #42  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello GG's,

Still here, but have been having pain in my wrist and then hurt my hand/wrist more this weekend, so it is hard and painful to type ~ I read, but am not able to post much right now.

That causes a problem at work, as my job ~ a lot of it is on the computer. Couldn't get an appointment to have a dr look at it until Thursday, Called in for today, waiting to hear from my boss as to what she wants me to do until Thursday.

Hope you all are doing well.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #43  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good thoughts, Gayle!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Not sure what I shared about our lives before I went AWOL. To make a VERY long story VERY short, everyone is somewhat better health-wise, but still some problems. We all (my DD, SIL, and I) got a REALLY bad flu that took us over a month to get over.

The B&B is gone & we came down to FL the first week in April. The cats were VERY good travellers.

We will be heading back North next week.

I REALLY need to get back here and I think I am ready. My DD and I bought a scale today. I will let you know tomorrow how much I need to change my ticker.

Will check back tomorrow.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #45  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

So glad to see you back Lynn - we've missed you
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote