3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~April Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/278791-%7E%7Eapril-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

glynne 04-12-2013 11:13 PM

Good evening GG’s,

It’s been a nice day off. Beautiful sun shine, nice temperature.

Maddie did something else real sweet that I was gonna share, but I’ll be darned if I can remember now what it was. One of those senior moments I guess ~ LOL.

Rosey ~ I’m sorry for all your mishaps this week. You are one of my inspirations ~ no matter what happens, you have such an awesome attitude. I think your ability to find humor in situations helps you make it through. I found myself thinking of you several times this week ~ and thinking ~ Rosey would be smiling despite……what ever it was.

Mary ~ sorry you did not rest well last night ~ hope tonight is better for you.

Cajun ~ are your muscles a little less sore now. How much more painting do you have to go before you are done?

Bobbi ~ your plans for your new place sound nice. Exciting to get to fix it up how you want. We had wainscoting in the dining room of one house we lived in (75 year old home). Wainscoting on the lower wall, and pretty flowered wall paper on the upper half. I thought it was pretty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say ~ I guess. It was a medium brown color wood ~ I called it the peanut butter cookie wall ~ why do I relate things to food ~ LOL.

K3 ~ hope that pollen goes away soon. Loved your bubble idea for Rosey. Glad your new bridge player is doing a good job.

K31 ~ did the storms pass you by? The spring time on Broadway thing in your town sounds like a fun time. Did the weather cooperate for that?

Donna ~ are you feeling better yet? Hope so. Did SamCat take good care of you?

Well, almost time for bed. Back to work tomorrow. At least I don’t have to get up as early as I have been lately. I have been getting up earlier than I usually would to make sure Corbin gets up in time and doesn’t miss the bus.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. Hello to anyone I missed.

Take care

jess1 04-13-2013 09:31 AM

Good Morning, All...

It's going to be pretty today! My cousin's son will be over later to finish up the raking. He's slow but thorough! Today's the first day of the Health Fair, but I think I'll wait until next week and give the crud time to go completely away.

Rosey - I hope you don't have any more mishaps to report this week! Take CARE of yourself.... although I do enjoy the undignified guffaws I produce from reading your adventures!

Mary - thanks for the computer tip! That would be startling, to say the least!! Do you know how it happened? It used to be a "fun" thing to turn on animation on an unsuspecting coworker's computer, back in the olden days. It was source of much immature jocularity!

Bobbi - I do hope you're doing daily pictures of the before so we can compare with the after! You sound so energized and excited! Do you have a time table in mind for moving into the CatHouse? And I definitely can see you running rings around Bruce! Let us know when CatHouse becomes an offensive name, rather than a descriptive name!

Gayle - how go the battles at your house? I hope things are calm, at least for the moment. During this process, any calm day is a good day!

Thanks for asking... yes, I'm MUCH better and think I'm about 94% today, up a point and 1/2 from yesterday. I went back to work on Thursday, thought I'd pass out, but Friday was such an improvement. Thursday knocked me off dead center toward quick progress. Nasty, nasty bug!

My brain just died! I know I'm forgetting lots of you, and I apologize! I think a cup of coffee would be a good idea!

Hope this is a good Saturday! Are there lingering storms out there? Today would be a good day for early spring, yes? Later, lovelies!

Karen3 04-13-2013 07:17 PM

OMG what happen to today? I have found that it takes me awhile to get going in the morning then my knees are okay for a few hours before they get back to super creaky. So I do everything I can in that window. What used to take a few hours is now spread out over 3 days.....sighhhhhh. Between that and my full switch is broken. I am not hungry until I eat and then I could eat nonstop for hours...grazing and never full. Ain't old age fun!:yikes:

Donna...just got Kingdom and will watch later. Dr Pol is on the wildNG cannel and tomorrow night is the midwives.:devil:

Yesterday a sweet lady who had heard Willma and I talking about the "Blue Bells of Scotland" told me she, her DD and a librarian couldn't find the trilogy. Nowhere no how! Online or library sources!! I had to listen careful she was looking for the blue berries of scotland. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Frequently when I open 3fc the ad in the right column is for flea meds and the dog scratching the door looks exactly like our Dash.

jess1 04-13-2013 08:50 PM

KarenFL - I'm THOROUGHLY enjoying "Kingdom", and I'm not getting tired of it. I'm well into season 2. Enjoy, enjoy! Did you read the Blue Bells of Scotland? I wonder if it's like Outlander?

Spent the day crocheting, reading (2 books!), and watching "Kingdom"... my butt is numb!

Karen3 04-13-2013 10:05 PM

Donna....sort like Outlander but swapping characters...loved the story line and can't wait for last book...out this summer!

akrosey49 04-14-2013 01:44 AM

Hi everyone. a nice day,even got to sit outside for awhile and the sun was soooo warm :D did some needed house work and gorked alot. :wave: rosey

breakfast
coffee
granola bar

lunch
roast beef sand 1 slice bread
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal popcorn bag
grapes

rice hamburger helper
(made with moose and extra vegies)
chow mein noodles

jess1 04-14-2013 02:37 PM

I know that a lot of you watched the eagle cam last summer, the Decorah Eagles. Apparently, they (or the camera) have moved, but here's a new link to a family living on the Catalina Islands in CA. There are 3 babies (oh, so curious!!), Mom, and Dad. Dad can be identified by the red marks at his wing joint, maybe an injury? Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

http://www.pawnation.com/2013/03/28/...eggs-hatching/

glynne 04-14-2013 10:00 PM

Good evening GG's,

Two days down ~ one more to go. It was kind of a quiet weekend at work. Shhhhhh ~ nobody heard me say that. Hope I haven't jinxed anything and we get paid back with a horrible day tomorrow.

I remembered finally the cute thing Maddie said the other day. She said she wished she could make a magic potion that would make me be able to run fast even though I am old. I hope you guys aren't sick of me blathering on about my grandkids. I just can't help myself. :D

It was a beautiful day out today ~ got to enjoy it as I walked in and out of work. Oh well ~ maybe it will be nice on Tuesday ~ my day off.

Hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Take care

Karen31 04-14-2013 10:24 PM

Gayle, That is so cute that Maddie said-- I hope you are writing all these things down in a book to give her later when she grows up!! So cute!!

akrosey49 04-15-2013 12:01 AM

:wave: thats so cute what Maddie said. you should write them down cuz you will forget.good idea Karen31. nice quiet day, coffee and the sunday paper, sitting in the sun, a visit to see steves mom,then a car ride for an wild berry smoothie. :dizzy: hope yours was nice too. rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
1 egg,fried potatoes,small slice of ham
grapes
more coffee

snack
wild berry smoothie with w. cream

dinner
baked pork chop
1/2 baked sweet potatoe
brussell sprouts
applesauce

Bobbolink 04-15-2013 08:19 AM

Hi...I brought my camera over Saturday to take pictures of the kitchen before we gutted it, but didn't get a picture. (dead batteries) The lady who had it did do some remodeling in the kitchen. She had a pretty salmon & grey granite type countertop with matching tile on backsplash. The birch cupboard were in great shape for being 68 years old. New sink and faucets. We have a friend we're giving the birch cabinet doors/drawer to and he might take the countertop/sink too. Bruce demolished the cupboard frames, the kitchen is now a blank canvas. I'll let you know Donna when the 'Cat House' gets offensive. :rofl: As long as I can smell cat urine, it'll be a cat house. I'm calling professionals in today rid the basement of the smell. Upstairs doesn't smell, just the basement. YUK!
TA TA

Originally Posted by :
Bobbi - I do hope you're doing daily pictures of the before so we can compare with the after! You sound so energized and excited! Do you have a time table in mind for moving into the CatHouse? And I definitely can see you running rings around Bruce! Let us know when CatHouse becomes an offensive name, rather than a descriptive name!

Cajunlady165 04-15-2013 11:12 AM

Good morning goldies,
What a weekend!!! Friday night we went out to eat with friends. Saturday morning I went shopping for a little while. I painted with dh for about 4 hours and came in and got ready for 2 weddings. The first was an outdoor wedding and we did that one. It was very pretty. The next wedding was in our town so we made that reception. A lot of our hunting friends that we camp with all winter was there with their wives. It was a hunting camouflage wedding. We were told to wear camo. We chose not to because of the other wedding. We wear camo at the hunting camp all winter and always see our friends in nothing but camo muddy also. Lol. Well all our friends chose not to wear camo and come dressed casual. We were all laughing and saying we clean up well. Meaning we never see each other dressed up with hair done and makeup. Lol We had a blast. I danced all night. We got home at 130 a.m. Oh my legs hurt.
Didn't do much yesterday. Ds girlfriend cooked supper for us last night. Both ds were playing the wii and that was fun. We laughed so much. Sunday we woke up to 5 inches of rain. The weather was bad. We are expecting more rain and bad weather Thursday night. We can't move ds house. So so wet. He bought washer and dryer yesterday at lowes and they are going to hold it for a month. Hopefully we can get it on his lot before a month.
We have both coats of paint on mil house. Now we do the trim on the windows and porch rails and shutters. Can't wait to finish that miserable project. I hate painting. I'm a messy girl. It's a good thing it's water based stain.

Gotta run be back later for personals.

Hugs
Cajun

Cajunlady165 04-15-2013 02:51 PM

Bobbi~when we started cutting the grass and plowing ds lot I took pics. Then he left for a 3 month stay in Wyoming. While he was there I took pics of his house pad be built and driveway. I put it in an album for his and I keep adding pics to it as we go. My sister did that for us when we lost our house to the hurricane. We forget so many little details. It's cool to have before and after. I'm sure your house will be lovely when your done. Any word on the lady that was interested?

Rosy~ glad you enjoyed your sit in the sun. Our sun is almost 90 degrees today. It's getting hot!!! Wooh Rosey I'm glad you didn't get burnt with that roast.

Karen31~ that sure is a good idea about a lil book on the grandkids cute lil stories.

Gayle~I love hearing about that sweet lil girl. Keep on bragging. I don't have grandkids yet but everyone says that your heart is just overloaded with love for them and such a joy.

Donna~ I went to see the eagles but my iPhone wasn't right to view them. Would love to see that. They have some down the road from where we live. They are big.

Karenfl~I'm the same way if I eat something I shouldn't or eat real late. I wake up starving. Did y'all get a lot of rain yesterday. We caught 5 inches and it was headed your way.

Mary~yes I'm very busy. Dh and I don't stop. We are very active in work projects and play time (hunting, camping, fishing). We never sit in the house on weekends when we are off. It has to be storming for us to stay in. That's when dh gets in the kitchen and cooks everything he can think of. Out of boredom I guess. Lol. I had to laugh at all your upside down icons on your computer.

I think I covered everyone that posted.
We sure have a small group of awesome ladies.

Hugs
Cajun

Karen3 04-15-2013 07:35 PM

Evening all...Sad sad day. How can people do such awful things. Checked and Zoe and family are all safe. Prayers to be said for all the injuried and scared and dying people.

k3

Karen31 04-15-2013 08:44 PM

Thoughts and prayers for all those who were injured or lost loved ones in Boston today. Such a horrible thing.

akrosey49 04-16-2013 12:43 AM

Hi everyone. so sorry for the folks in Boston.so sad. hoping you and yours are safe :hug: today i went back to my no-carb rule(not excluding fruits and vegies that have carbs) and im climbing the walls. however i want the tuck more than a piece of bread,a cracker,cookies or whatever. so to make my surg easier im back to what im suppose todo and whats works. wish me luck. :wave: rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar

lunch
pork chop 3 oz
1/2 apple
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
chef salad,with mixed greens,1/2 chix breast,cukes,grape tomatoes,cheese stick,black olives,1 egg. rasp vinegrete

maryea 04-16-2013 01:38 AM

Started out my day at PT. I think they meant to give me TWO new exercises but forgot and only gave me one and it's pretty easy. :D After the exercises, they did an ultrasound treatment followed by the tens unit. It seemed to help my arm as the pain has not been quite so bad since even though it is a little worse tonight esp after I did all my exercises. But I'm thankful for any relief I get. After PT I stopped at the gym and just did my cardio...but did spend about 47 min rather than my usual 30. Dh had already been there. Then I came home and cleaned house while watched the Boston news. So sad. I hope they catch the people responsible.

Dh spent a large part of his day repairing/replacing the pipes under the main bathroom sink. I dropped an eyeliner cap down the drain (always a good way to make a dh happy, right?:o), but turned out wasn't so simple as that as the pipe was worn and broke plus he ended up replacing a seal and installing one of those push-down stopper thingies. The one we had quit working right a long time ago and I threw it out. So far this one is working well. We've lived in this house since 1977 and it was the original plumbing so guess it's time to replace some pipes, but I felt badly for him as I knew he was tired from the gym already. The sweet thing is he re-installed the shelves I had put in before (he had to remove them to replace the pipes) and of course he did it better and now I have more room under there than I did before! So I was able to put some more girly stuff in there and make a little more needed room in another cupboard.

Think I told you, who knows, but when I hid my DVDs of the kids before we left on our last long trip, I hid them too well and still haven't been able to find them! I have racked my poor old brain and cannot figure out where I could have hid them so well!:?: Today I did my final and most thorough search for them, but still didn't find them. Hopefully they will show up in time because I really don't want to start over and those earliest home movies are the ones I really really don't want to lose. Praying God will protect them where every they are...LOL He is sure protecting them from me! Guess now I'll just hae to buy more DVDs and continue with the copying of the VHS tapes, but I still hope to find the early ones. I can do the craziest things!!:dizzy:

Heading for bed...hope you all get a good rest too.
Mary

Cajunlady165 04-16-2013 09:05 AM

Morning ladies
What a terrible tragedy in Boston yesterday. Hope they catch them.
Yesterday in painted the window seals and door frames only to discover this morning that we used stain over latex and it's all bubbling and looks like rubber. Dh said that you can't use stain over latex but wasn't sure what was on the windows. Now we know. Grrrrrrr. Now we have to sand or scrape everything. I'm so ready to finish this project.
It's so hot and humid this morning. It's already 78 degrees. More rain expected Thursday night and the high for Friday is supposed to be 66. Crazy weather. We are preparing 100 lbs of sausage this week. Thursday we will debone and grind the meat. Friday we will season and stuff sausage. Saturday we will smoke the sausage while we paint and wedding Saturday night. Sunday we wrap and freeze sausage. Never a break.
I'm very tired today. Never slept last night. The sciatic nerve in my butt is bothering me. Guess its time to go to the chiropractor and get aligned.

Hello to all.
Hugs
Cajun

Cajunlady165 04-16-2013 09:06 AM

Morning ladies
What a terrible tragedy in Boston yesterday. Hope they catch them.
Yesterday in painted the window seals and door frames only to discover this morning that we used stain over latex and it's all bubbling and looks like rubber. Dh said that you can't use stain over latex but wasn't sure what was on the windows. Now we know. Grrrrrrr. Now we have to sand or scrape everything. I'm so ready to finish this project.
It's so hot and humid this morning. It's already 78 degrees. More rain expected Thursday night and the high for Friday is supposed to be 66. Crazy weather. We are preparing 100 lbs of sausage this week. Thursday we will debone and grind the meat. Friday we will season and stuff sausage. Saturday we will smoke the sausage while we paint and wedding Saturday night. Sunday we wrap and freeze sausage. Never a break.
I'm very tired today. Never slept last night. The sciatic nerve in my butt is bothering me. Guess its time to go to the chiropractor and get aligned.

Hello to all.
Hugs
Cajun

glynne 04-16-2013 09:43 AM

Good morning GG's,

Yes, so sad the Boston thing. Seems like situations where a large groups of people are gathered are particularly vulnerable for the bad people to do their awful things.

Off today ~ yippee. Doctors appointment to see if help with wrist pain would be covered by workmans comp. I should have asked about the sciatic pain. Maybe I will make another appointment for that. I have had so much more pain with this job (secretary) than I ever had while being a nurse. But I chose this job because it is less stressful. I hate the pain, but would rather deal with that than the stress.

I am such a ding-a-ling. Yesterday, that sciatic pain was starting to need some medication. A while went by and the pain was getting worse and more miserable. I was fit to be tied ~ thought ~ what am I gonna do now ~ the medicine didn't seem to be helping. The pain was so bad, I felt like crying and I thought ~ I don't care if it is too soon to take some more ~ I can't stand this. So, I got out my medicine and found that I had not even taken any yet. Duhhhh ~ no wonder I was hurting so bad. I think what happened was that I started to take the med and got interrupted and then thought I had and got busy and forgot.

Guess I'd better get rolling.

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care

Bobbolink 04-16-2013 02:01 PM

I'm doing the happy dance, our house is SOLD!:carrot::dance::D:dance::smug::dance::lol::dance::jig::dance::cp::dance::cb::dance::love::dance:

Karen31 04-16-2013 02:46 PM

Bobbi!! So HAppy for you!! Congrats!! I know how that feels such a weight off your shoulders!! YAY!!!

Karen3 04-16-2013 04:25 PM

WOW and Amen! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: k3

maryea 04-16-2013 04:44 PM

Here I finally am...it's been a busy morning...gym (walked little more than a mile and rode bike 15 min, and did 3 other machines), then grocery shopping at two stores. So tired now. Fixing a grilled veggie sandwich for lunch plus one very small baked chicken tender I picked up at the deli. Breakfast was a little rice with milk and flaxmeal and a tiny bit of raisins and brown sugar blend to sweeten. My arm still seems better today so maybe we are making some progress.

Glynne - That's what happens to me too...I think I've done something but I actually started to and got distracted and never did it! Happens a lot anymore. :?: As I said in my last post I even hide things from myself. I sure hope I can find those DVDs of my babies. Sorry for you and Cajun with sciatica, I know very well how bad that can be.

Cajun - My dh loves sausage so he would really enjoy that I'm sure. He has probably never had the homemade kind.

Cajunlady165 04-16-2013 04:50 PM

Yay for Bobbi!!!!!!! Happy happy for you. Now you can do renovations on new house and not worry. Was it the lady that had surgery?

Hugs
Cajun

Bobbolink 04-16-2013 06:33 PM

Thanks everyone and Cajun, nope.....not the lady who had surgery. She sat on the fence too long and lost it. Our realtor told her we had an offer and she wanted us to hold off the sale until she could come down and look at it again. DUH :dizzy:

The couple that purchased it saw it online from Arizona, flew in yesterday to look at it. 50 minutes later they were willing to pay us our full asking price PLUS our riding lawn mower, snow blower, window treatments, both sheds and our brand new black refrigerator and stove. We don't need the riding mower or snow blower in town. The window treatments won't fit our new house and who in their right mind would try to move two sheds off the property? My brand new black appliances to match my new kitchen, no way. We haven 't even paid for them yet plus they don't look good in a kitchen with oak cupboards. The retired couple flew back to Arizona right after they left our house. Our realtor faxed them with the new agreement less the new stove/refrigerator and they agreed. So it's all over except for the chubby lady singing or when I get my hot little hands on the cash.

jess1 04-16-2013 07:16 PM

Bobbi - congratulations!! The house shows really well online, so I'm not surprised that an out-of-stater saw it, liked it, and, poof!, made a decision. We do like those decisive types, yes? I'm so pleased for you!

We got about 9" from the storm yesterday... maybe more tonight? It certainly is cold enough. The 9" is melted already. That's the good thing about these spring storms... lots of water and little inconvenience!

Nothing to report. I'm plumb tuckered! Bobbi, again, I'm so pleased for you!

akrosey49 04-16-2013 11:12 PM

I'm doing the happy dance for you Bobbie :carrot: thats the best news. today was errand day.went to the dmv to get a current id card as i dont drive anymore and needed it to put our savings acct in my name too. and it was free cuz of my age,free is good. then steve got a haircut while i roamed around walmart.stopped to pick up our meds and came out to a dead battery.:( friends came to our rescue but ended up buying a new one. came home and toots and i had a nap. she was so excited to see me. we usually take her with us but she's an escape artist so left her home. it wasa beautiful day out all melty,hope your day was good too. by the way not eating carbs is a real battle for me,:( so far so good. :wave: rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
lean cusine asian salad kit
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
chix strip
mixed fresh fruit from the deli

snack
iced tea
protein granola bar

akrosey49 04-17-2013 07:06 PM

:mag: where is everyone :p its a beautiful day here sunny and warm :wave: rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar

lunch
chix salad
iced tea
grapes

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal mini bag popcorn

dinner
gr turkey stuffed bell peppers

glynne 04-17-2013 11:02 PM

Good evening GG's,

A hot muggy day/evening today. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Still here Rosey ~ but don't get to get on and post or sometimes even read with Sara and the kids living with us now. Hang in there with your battle with the carbs ~ I know you can do it ~ you are one determined lady ~ with such a positive attitude.

Awesome exciting news for you Bobbi ~ on the sale of your house. Will you be able to have your new place fixed up enough to move in by the time the other people are ready to move in to your place?

Donna ~ glad your area got some much needed water.

Cajun ~ sorry you are having trouble with the sciatic thing too. Does a chiropractor help? I've never been to one ~ kind of a little scared to try it ~ fear of the unknown I guess.

Mary ~ hope you are able to find those DVD's of your kids when they were little ~ they've gotta be there somewhere.

Well, I'd better get to bed here soon. I have been getting up early to help Corbin so he doesn't miss the bus, but he won't be here tonight ~ so Grandma gets a little extra sleep. He woke me up one morning ~ and said he had missed the bus ~ would I take him to school. He didn't want his mom to know and get chewed out. So, of course I took him ~ what are Grandma's for?

Hope you all rest well.

Cajunlady165 04-18-2013 10:19 AM

Hey lil ladies
Rain coming again. Just found out yesterday it's going to cost ds 1100.00 dollars to put electric poles in his yard. They pay the first 3000.00 and the job was bid for 4100.00. Every time he turns around it's more money. Its still too wet to move his house. Mil didn't like the trim so we went back to lowes and got another color. I got back and painted until dark. Today we have to grind to pork meat for sausage. Tomorrow after work we season and stuff them.

What a sad day in USA it is with Boston bombs and now west Texas fertilizer plant exploding. My heart hurts for those affected. All I can do is pray for them.

Gayle~ yes the chiropractor does help because I'm out of align and it's pinching. He straightens me out and I usually feel better. I have bad sleeping and sitting habits that cause that. You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now.

Rosey~ I made a comment earlier about having a small group lately.

Bobbi~ how's the house renovations coming along?

Work calls. Hello to all

Hugs
Cajun

Karen31 04-18-2013 11:37 AM

Just a quick post here this morning. Wanted to say Hello to everyone.

Donna, did you get all that snow? WOW!!

Bobbi, when you go to the store today--- don't forget batteries for your camera....;)

Need to get going and jump in the shower to get ready for bible study. Was a pretty BUMPY night with lightening, thunder and tornado warning for us until 2:30 am. It was close enough that I got up and put sweats on and shoes and socks, grabbed a flannel jacket and put that on too. Had the dogs leashes already in the closet and then tried to relax... Felt better when the satellite came back on the TV then I knew the clouds had moved.

Gayle, I was worried about you when I heard about the explosion. Is that near you? I sent you a text last night after I heard it but you were probably asleep.

Have a great day everyone.

jess1 04-18-2013 12:44 PM

Good Hola, All...

CK and Gayle - yes, we got about 9" on Monday and about another 3" on Tuesday... of course, it's long gone. However, we might be getting more on Monday and Tuesday. The good thing is that, at the beginning of April, we were 7' under the standard for snow, and now we're just 3'. We'll still have water restrictions this summer, but things are definitely looking better for the water situation.

Not much going on. I'm feeling well, which makes me happy! Everything's pretty much status quo. GM's on the agenda for this afternoon. I'll take her dinner and will hopefully be able to shower her and head home before the heavy traffic starts. It makes the difference between 40 minutes and 70 minutes for the trip home! I yearn for a small town!

Everyone, be well! I'm anxious to see pictures of Bobbi's projects!

akrosey49 04-18-2013 07:20 PM

:wave: another nice day here. steve's a bit grouchy today so im laying low :dizzy: working on a new project,a baby quilt for my niece who is due in june,another baby girl to our family. hoping your day was full of sunshine :hug: rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt
banana

lunch
small slice pizza
1/2 apple
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
lean cusine asian chix salad

Karen3 04-18-2013 07:22 PM

hey....:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:.me doing my happy dance! Went to cardio doc and he took me off Pradax! AND 48 hrs from now I can have Aleve and already scheduled knee injections. Man alive I feel better already. Look out world here I come! Everything is looking up here on the GGs!

Oh and doctor's scale was kind......Dh was shocked! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

Be back tomorrow for personals....k3

Cajunlady165 04-19-2013 09:45 AM

Good morning ladies
Cold is back. A front came thru last night with rain again. Today we season and stuff sausage in it's casing. Tomorrow we smoke, paint, and wedding at 7 pm. That's about all going on around here.

Karenfl~ doing the happy dance with you. Now maybe you can get some relief from the pain. My scale is not kind. Wish it was. Too many temptations but I'm still fighting for it.

Rosey~ your lovin the sunshine. Cheery cheery. It's funny how sunshiny weather can affect our moods. It's sunny and cool and 30 knot north winds. Makes it feel colder than 50 degrees

Donna~ wish I could send you the rain if you need it. We are sooo wet. The farmers can't plant the Milo and it's getting late for them.

Karen31~ glad your weather passed over. We have such violent thunderstorms here in the spring. Looks like it's always at night too.

Mary~ did you find the DVDs yet? Do you still have the original copies or they the ones that are saved real good. Hope you find them.

Out of battery on iPad. Hello to all.

Hugs
Cajun

Karen31 04-19-2013 12:29 PM

Karen-- so happy to hear your good news!! I'll do the Happy dance with you!

deelee10 04-19-2013 05:01 PM

Hi Golden Girls -

My mother had a mastectomy yesterday morning. She had three rounds of chemo which nearly, literally, killed her. It did shrink the tumor enough that the surgeon could remove it. He did not even have to take the lymph nodes which makes a more comfortable recovery. She handles it quite well. Didn’t have a lot of pain, at least not as much as I was imagining. She said the side of her neck was hurting. I asked, “Which side Mom?” She said, “The other side.” Lol! I laugh every time I think of it. Yesterday was a very long day for us. Left the house to pick her up at 5:45 am and didn’t get home until after 8 pm. We have gotten a lot of rain in the Chicago area. My brother couldn’t get out of his neighborhood to get to the hospital or work yesterday. He was with my mother today. I woke up feeling terrible with a chest cold. I have spent so much time in and out of nursing home, doctors’ offices and hospitals, around all sorts of coughing and illness that I was amazed that I didn’t come down with something before now. Lots of hand washing. I’m not going to see my mother today. I think we’ve both been exposed to the same thing but I just can’t move.

My son’s engagement/housewarming party is tomorrow at his (my!) townhouse. I want to feel well enough to go.

I’ve only read the first page of posts so far but -

Congrats Bobbie!

Karen, I’ve never seen someone so happy to be getting an injection in their knee but I’m happy for you!!!

Cajun - you sure do work hard!

Gayle - You’re such a great grandma. You know exactly what grandma’s are for.

I hope to catch up soon. Hugs to everyone!

deelee10 04-19-2013 05:52 PM

Okay, I'm on page 3.

Mary, I'm impressed that you have your kids pictures on DVD. I've been meaning to do that to my wedding video and kids when they were little.
back then the video camaras were so large had to put them in a suitcase. We need to get a new one now that DS is getting married. I hate when I put something in "a special place" to protect it and then can't find it.

Rosey - I'm sorry you slipped but you managed to get the roast in the oven and it came out great. You really paint a vivid picture in my mind. I picture your kitchen with dark hardwood floors, with a braided oval rug, an oven with character and you with an apron on...Is it just me? quitting the carb thing is tough. One thing that helps me is the sugar free Ricola lemon mint throat drops. They taste like candy. I discovered them last year when I was sick. Good thing I have them now. They do have aspertame unfortunately and I try to avoid that.

Donna - You are a sweet angel for taking such good care of your Grandma. How many people would give their Grandma a shower? Not that I know of. Bless you. I hope I have someone like you in my life someday.

Gayle - I LOVE to hear about Maddie. Your stories warm my heart. We sorely need that.

My heart goes out to the people of Boston. DH from the area. Still has family there but in different part and all are fine. I am very impressed with the way responders and law enforcement handled everything. And the explosion in Texas - such a tragedy.

In the word of Karen FL - later.

akrosey49 04-19-2013 06:08 PM

Hi everyone. another nice day here. and im gorking :dizzy: Deelee you made me chuckle with your vivid picture, sry but vinyl floors that look like stone tiles ,log house,pine cabinets, homemade log furniture,no rug( i trip over them) and no apron.reg gas stove. hope i didnt fracture your dream of me :dizzy: working on my baby quilt,reading robert ludlum,and avoiding mr cranky. happy weekend :hug: rosey :wave:

breakfast
protein bar

lunch
stuffed bell pepper
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
lean cusine salad fixins asian(you supply the lettuce,really quite good)