3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~May Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/258050-%7E%7Emay-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

glynne 05-06-2012 09:49 PM

Good evening GG’s,

Have had a nice weekend ~ back to work tomorrow. The state inspectors didn’t come last week ~ probably this week then they think. I will be glad when that is over and done with.

Did some tweaking on my scrubs and hemmed up the pants yesterday. (Sorry, you all are probably getting sick of hearing about my scurbs.) Then ran some errands.

Today, DH, DD Sara and DGD Maddie and I went to Kemah, Texas. It is kind of touristy town on the coast. They have a board walk with shops, restaurants, and rides. Rides was the first thing Maddie mentioned about the place. They had all been before, but I had never been. Thankfully it was not bright sun ~ partly sunny and sometimes a breeze. A little humid at times, but mostly it was an enjoyable day. Thankfully, I had gotten all my education stuff for work done on my last day off, so I didn’t have to miss out on going with the family as has happened sometimes.

Trying to keep busy and keep my hands out of food.

Deelee ~ I also burst out laughing at the dusting the floor with the girls images you had. Thank you for the smile.

Lynn ~ glad you had a nice time at the college get-together. Nice that you got to see some of your former students.

Isabella ~ those graham cracker and cool whip things sound good. I have read of those before, but have never gotten around to trying them.

Brenda ~ sorry you are having an arthritis flare up. Hope it passes soon so you can feel better.

Rie ~ any luck on your search for an RV? Your pampering day sounded heavenly.

Rosey ~ glad you got to relax and nap and have fun with your daughter and granddaughter ~ probably just what you needed.

CK ~ you always have such nice Sundays with church and your family time.

Mary ~ it sounds like you are doing well with your current eating plan.

Marie ~ did you get to go on the shopping trip with your friends?

Bobbi ~ glad you are getting to enjoy the birds and having fun with finding frugal ways to do things.

Freda ~ hope you have had a good weekend at work.

K3 ~ what an honor for your son to dedicate his book to you. Can’t wait to get a hold of a copy and read that tribute. Are you feeling better and is your computer behaving better for you?

Donna ~ have you had a nice weekend of gorking? How is your hand doing?

Carol Sue ~ glad your blood pressure was better when you had it checked again.

Debbie ~ glad your surgery went well and your nose is on the mend. Glad you got back on track. Way to go.

Zoe ~ are you back home now? Hope you are not working too hard with this consulting thing as you are supposed to be retired now.

For my evening snack lately, I have been having a fruit concoction. Frozen strawberries cut up, frozen blueberries and bananas cut up and all mixed together and then with a gob of cool whip (the light or fat free version) on top. There are no points (WW) in those fruits and I don’t think there are any either in the cool whip.

I had a small NSV ~ had my hands on a bag of jelly beans, but didn’t eat any and put them back.

I had asked my DH that if he brings home cookies and candy and stuff (he finds this stuff on sale) ~ not to put it on the shelf in the pantry ~ as much as I want to, if I know they are there, I will get into them. They keep calling to me. So, I asked him to hide them please. Now, today, I had to ask him to please don’t put the empty wrappers from this stuff in the kitchen trash, because just seeing those, makes me want to buy some when I go to the store, or start trying to search out his stash.

Ok, got a few things to do to get stuff ready for back to work. Hope you all have had a nice weekend, and are having a nice evening.

Take care

glynne 05-06-2012 10:56 PM

Hello again,

Oh ~ a couple more things. A few months back there was discussion about drinking vinegar to help with ~ I think it was arthritis ~ aches and pains. I wondered if I used the vinegary juice that comes with my pickled beets ~ if that would work? I think perhaps I could do that, but the thoughts of straight vinegar.......

My son-in-law (Maddie and Corbin's dad) lost his job a few weeks back. He has been working on submitting applications, and going on some interviews, but hasn't gotten anything yet. Today, Sara mentioned that he had been contacted by one place (he had worked as a production manager in the glass/aluminum business) in New Jersey. Please God ~ I hope he finds a job, but I hope so badly, that he can find one around here and that they won't have to move far away from us.

glynne 05-07-2012 08:29 AM

Good morning GG's,

Wow ~ some days I don't get a chance to post ~ here I've been 3 in a row ~ don't pass out now.

Forgot to weigh yesterday. Weighed this morning ~ hoping for a little progress at least. NOT ~ scale went the wrong way. Thankfully by only one pound and not more, but still. I thought I had been doing a little better.

I’ve been trying to find a happy medium between being so strict and just eating what ever when ever. Guess I need to work on that some more.

I felt like I did better ~ I didn’t eat every cookie, candy, chip or what ever that called my name. Allowed myself some treats, but I guess in the scheme of things it was too many after all.

Ok, guess I’d better get going and get ready for work. Hope you all have a good day.

Take care

Bobbolink 05-07-2012 09:36 AM

Working on the old car panels today, have a nice Monday. Anyone polish?

Quote:

The Polish Divorce

A Polish man moved to the USA and married an American girl.
Although his English was far from perfect, they got along very well.
One day he rushed into a lawyer's office

and asked him if he could arrange a divorce for him.
The lawyer said that getting a divorce would depend on the circumstances,

and asked him the following questions:
Have you any grounds?
Yes, an acre and half and nice little home.
No, I mean what is the foundation of this case?
It made of concrete.
I don't think you understand.

Does either of you have a real grudge?
No, we have carport, and not need one.
I mean what are your relations like?
All my relations still in Poland .

Is there any infidelity in your marriage?
We have hi-fidelity stereo and good DVD player.
Does your wife beat you up?
No, I always up before her.
Is your wife a nagger?
No, she white.
Why do you want this divorce?
She going to kill me.
What makes you think that?
I got proof.
What kind of proof?
She going to poison me.
She buy a bottle at drugstore and put on shelf in bathroom.
I can read English pretty good, and it say:
~~~Polish Remover~~~

Riemontana 05-07-2012 10:40 AM

GRRRRRR! I lost my bleeeepiinnnn post! (My fault, I hit the wrong button) That makes it worse - I can't even blame the site!

Yesterday I bought a little 17ft 5th wheel rv. It is self contained and in really good shape. I am so excited. For the last few years, I have been reluctant to take off for the mountains without others around to help because all the loading and unloading is a real problem if I have a joint flare. Now, I will be able to load groceries, hook up and go! I am looking forward to it. Besides, the bear problem is significant here and a hard sided camper is a must. Tent camping in some areas is not advised. And, I think I am just too old to sleep on the ground - it hurts my body.

Yesterday in my pampering I tried a new product. I had to attend one of those parties where one is obligated to buy.... but I will buy this online from now on. It is Arbonne Sugar Scrub. Absolutely lovely! Exfoliating and moisturizing body oil all in one and serious heaven in the shower. Here is a link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=arbonne%20awaken%20scrub It seems spendy but it holds about 20 - 25 applications to make you feel wonderful! I will buy more :D

DeeLee. Thanks so much for the laugh. Tears rolling down my cheeks due to laughter is a good thing! My ds thought I had lost my mind. Then, he said, "oh, the online girls?" with a disgruntled look on his face. For some reason, that struck me as even more funny and brought more peals of laughter!

Bobbi, I can't wait to see the car when it is done.

Karenfl, I hope you are feeling better. Cant wait to read the book.

Gayle, you are doing well and the scale will tell the tale in the end. I hope that Maddie gets to stay close. No matter what happens, your relationship with her will stay - it will just take more work. I have been so gratified at how much Gabriel and I are able to communicate. of course, seeing him all the time would really be nice.

Marie, how was the trip over the mountain? Did you have fun? Any new tattoos? (don't worry, its just between us... tee hee)

Donna, how are you? You have been pretty silent this weekend. Hope all is well.

Caddyk, so much fun talking to you lately.

Brenda, I am sorry that you are having a flare up. Spring weather is hard. I hope it gets better soon.

Rosey, I have a lovely mental picture of you playing dominoes with the gk's. I believe that we can never spend too much time with them. :hug:

Mary, you have been eating so well lately, I am really proud of you. Are you and Joe planning any trips this summer?

Zoe, how are the days of glamor and private enterprise? (aka "retirement") :carrot:

Lynn, I think the snack idea is a good conversation piece. Despite all I thought I knew, I had to learn evening snacking to control my blood sugar numbers in the morning. I try to combine a small carb with a small protein. My favorites are:
light and fit vanilla yogurt with dry sf chocolate pudding mix
1/2 fiber one with 1/2c unsweetened almond breeze milk
2 slices deli turkey or ham and 1/2 apple or a couple strawberries
wonderslim meal replacement bar or shake (when traveling)

I know the conventional wisdom is to not eat at night. For me, it helps to keep me on track. My criteria is less than 175 calories and no more than 18 carbs. I am interested to see what everyone else eats.

Well, I am missing folks but I am out of time here. I have a lot to do today and I must get going. Later

Rie

Karen31 05-07-2012 11:08 AM

Good Morning! My goodness we had rain again last night. Just a half inch but it sure had the lightening and thunder popping all around us!

Gayle your night time snack sounds very good! I forget to fix fruit like that. I usually have a banana in my french vanilla slimfast shake in the morning, then I mix strawberries, blueberries, plain or vanilla yogurt with 8 oz. of a tropical blend juice. I add a bit of fat free coffee creamer to it and also about teaspoon of splenda, and that is lunch. Then for supper it is always something different and more of a "meal" Sometimes I snack at night and others I just don't even think about it. BUT there are times I just have to count out 12 round baked tortilla chips to get my salty craving!!

Rie, I know you are going to have so much fun with the new rv. And you're right sleeping on the ground is no fun anymore! In fact, I think we are either going to replace the mattress that came in ours (you can kind of feel the springs) or go the cheaper route and get a mattress topper, maybe memory foam. Been taking things out there and putting dishes away. Hoping to leave in a couple weeks!

Bobbi, did you see the pic. I posted of my sisters '56 Chevy? They took it to Dallas this weekend and had a wonderful time!! I think having something like that would be so much fun!!

Well, I know I didn't get to everybody but I wish everyone a very happy Monday! I'll be back later on.

Marie 05-07-2012 12:58 PM

Mary, I know what you mean when you think you're going to use a Costco coupon and it's not in effect yet. I went on Saturday too, but knew the items I was buying were a coupon item starting Thursday. Sadly I live 75 miles from Costco and was there then. It was a bummer. DH and I are sharing a Costco NY Strip steak for our anniversary dinner tonight. He was surprised I didn't want to go out to celebrate but those steaks are great, especially since it is sunny and warm. A perfect day for a BBQ. It was sunny and warm 29 years ago, too, when we got married in Minnesota. May 7th is a good day.

KarenMO, the seizure used to scare me, not I'm used to them. That in itself is scary. The restored car is pretty.

Rie, I had done the hair removal on Friday but your post reminded me of a pedicure. So last night, I gave myself one for my anniversary. I brought my pink sandals (that go with the pink capris and pedicure) to work and will put them on shortly. For now, my feet would freeze but in an hour, the pedicure comes out. Congrats on your 5th wheel RV. You are going to have a blast camping. You live in Campville USA! No new piercings or tattoos. I am contemplating another tat after the swim season.

Brenda, doesn't your AK spring temps go up and down like a yo-yo? Ours do. The Pacific NW is usually like that, especially at the higher elevations I live at. I'd think you'd get chilly rainy days too. Hope that arthritis settles.

Deelee, the girls hanging that low to sweep the floors need a good bra. That was too funny!!! :rofl:

Gayle, did your hubby listen and agree to request on the cookie goodies being hidden and wrappers not in the trash? That would be good since they call and yell our names. I hope your SIL finds a local job. You'd be heartbroken if they moved away.

We had a good time on Saturday shopping on the other side of the mountain. Clearly I'm the older of the 3 of us. They kept going into "teen" type of shops and I finally said I'd catch up with them after I played at Macy's. That worked well. Yesterday I quilted and had a nice day home alone. DH had guard weekend. He's got today off. After I get home, we're going for a tandem ride before the BBQ. That sounds like my type of celebration.
Marie

Bobbolink 05-07-2012 01:25 PM

I'm taking a quick lunch break. I made crock pot yogurt a couple of days ago and hated it, much too runny. I have a yogurt cheese maker/strainer and decided to make yogurt cheese out of it. Today I have tons of yogurt cheese and needed recipes to use some of it up. I found a recipe for crustless cheesecake that's really calorie friendly, it's almond flavored. Yesterday at church I was asked to make a cake for a tuesday morning funeral. I hate making frosting and can't stand the ready made frosting mixes, YUK! Today I made a yellow cake (mix) and used the juice out of a can of crushed pineapple for the water. Tomorrow I'll make a package of vanilla pudding and fold in the pineapple, spread over the cake and top with some cool whip. My mom used to make the best 7 minute white frosting but I don't have much luck with it, Pudding/fruit is easier and fool proof. Last time I was asked to bring cake, I did the chocolate cake mix topped with canned cherry pie filling and cool whip. Easy.
KarenMo...I popped over and saw the cute car, I love it. DH had a '54 chevy that was two toned white/aqua. Wish we still had it.
Gotta run, I haven't even started on the panels for the car, just too busy this morning.

maryea 05-07-2012 01:54 PM

Just popped it for a min as have much to do today. Our dd and her little ones are coming on the 11th and I want to get a lot of things out of the way so I can just enjoy them. They are spending a few days with us as their furniture was delayed. Probably good because dd is exhausted from everything she has been doing for this move. Speaking of being tired, we went to the gym this morning but dh was very tired and we decided to leave after 15 min on the stationary bikes. He is resting now. He said he slept ok last night so not sure what it is.

Bobbi - Your cake sounds good! I would never have thought of doing that for the frosting. I rarely bake cakes though anyway. I made one this year and that was doing well for me. LOL Your mom's 7 min frosting brought back memories of my old pre-diabetes days...I used to love 7 min frosting!

Marie - Glad you had fun shopping! And enjoy your pedicure...I love having pretty toes! :D Makes me feel all girly!

Rie - So happy you got your 5th wheel! We enjoyed ours so much. You are braver than I though as I would never do it alone. Rie, where is the sugar scrub on that page? All I see are salt scrubs and some that don't say either.
My youngest dd used to use Arbonne products but I have not tried them.

Glynne - GFY on the jelly beans. We have to acknowlege those NSV as we move through our journey to experiencing freedom.

Karen31 - Your snacks sound good too. Too high carb for me but I similar things.

I am doing much better with my hunger. I continue to eat often though...easier for me as I don't work. My bs have been good except in the am and sometimes at night. I may have to change my night snacks.

Much to do so have to get moving..

ladyinweighting 05-07-2012 02:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

No special plans today - just doing course stuff.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get to a photography exhibit at the college. All depends on what time a plumber gets here to give me an estimate. He is supposed to be here before noon - we'll see.

Lynn

Cindy_Gail 05-07-2012 03:13 PM

Afternoon girls,

I admire everyone's ambition. I feel sorta fatigued a lot of the time. I think it is related to my sugar intake. I know I need to get off the sugar. I weighed in on my Wii Fit Plus this morning and found I had not gained this weekend....yeah! Running after 3 grandkids this weekend is probably why. Now if I could just do a good workout today I think I would feel energized!

jess1 05-07-2012 03:45 PM

Hola, Lovelies!

Been a while… although it hasn’t been that LONG. You’re just such chatters!

Isabella – I’m with you. I’ve never gotten into the reality show gigs, except for DWTS. I’m totally fascinated and awed by those beautiful bodies and like watching them improve their dancing every week. Otherwise, I get very bored, very fast! Ooh, I liked the ice cream sandwich idea, with the graham crackers and cool whip! I think I’d really like that.

Marie – how is BelovedKai? I hope she’s back to her normal self. Congrats of 29 years of wedded bliss! You are blessed, you know…

Freda – hola!

KarenFL – are you on speaking terms with the new PC yet? Annoying things, these computers, aren’t they?

Rosey – is it usual to have snow this late in the year??????? It’s been hot here, way too early! We had rain last night, and it’s still misty/dripping today. We need it so much! Everything will green up and be gorgeous for a while. Congrats on the 2# loss! Did your SIL get the job?

Rie – I apologize, but I don’t know where you are in your travels. I know you were freezing from fishing, but have you made it to Las Vegas yet? Such a gadabout!! Hope you’re enjoying (AND being a good girlie!). Yes, we did get hail in the storm the other night, but, thankfully, very little at my house. Congrats on your 5th wheel! Now all you need is a Bubba and a gun rack!

Bobbi – thank you! I was getting ready to google TVP but restrained myself and read further, and you explained. How are you doing with your FrugalFamilyFunventure? I think it’s great that you’ve jumped in so wholeheartedly! Has DH gotten on the bandwagon yet? Loved the Polish joke! However, I’m ½ Pole and can tell you that it’s a true story!

Lynn – the gathering of your former students sounded fun! I’m glad you enjoyed… and how are you feeling these day? You like “Smash”, too? My boss’ niece was one of the dancers in the original few episodes. She’s now in the “Evita” production on Broadway. It was kind of way cool to “know” someone. Wow, aren’t the singing voices just fabulous? You and I are the musical lovers of this group, I think. I hope the show gets picked up for next season; there was some question about that, I think.

CK – my hand is fine now, and thank you for asking. The top side puncture wounds are pretty well healed, and the underside wounds are all gone. I’m still on the augmentin (and still having the side effects, ugh) for another few days. Yes, Sabrino is very sorry! He wants to be petted, and I’m afraid of getting too close now. The funniest thing is that HisHighness SamCat has gone to the dark side. He’s always been so picky about his food, taking a wee bit and then turning up his nose. Now that he’s figured out that Sabrino gets his leftovers, he’s chowing down… and he thinks that cheapo stuff is the best stuff! It’s too funny to watch them! My pet food bill has gone down, since he thinks the $.39 stuff is better than the $.75 food. I love them both!

Gayle – have the patients had anything to say about the wardrobe changes? And how did the administrative inspection go? Any drastic changes coming? Reading on, I see that they’re coming this week, instead. Insofar as vinegar…. I still use it when I get severe pain. It really helps me, and quickly. Pickle brine will help somewhat, but I think there’s sugar in there, and that might make a difference. If you use about 1/8 cup of WARM water and about ½ capful of red vinegar, it goes down fast. Don’t sip it; chug it! Any word on your SIL’s job interview? Good thoughts!

Dee – I laughed out loud at using “the girls” (as in boobies) as dust mops. I’ve been known to trip on them, but I’ve never thought of using that to my advantage!!! Maybe I could duct tape some dust rags or something!

Had a fairly productive weekend, did some domestic drudgery (ugh, ick), finished two crochet projects. The major one was the heart afghan I started a few months ago as a wedding gift; there are always baby afghans in progress, so they don’t count. I did a lot of gorking. This week will be busy. Granny gets showered tonight after I get off; tomorrow I take her to the doctor after I get off work; and Wednesday I do her grocery shopping on my day off. Thursday is MINE, though…after I get off work. It should be interesting at the doc’s. This is the first revisit since Granny/Mom threw the oxygen out of her house AND refused more blood tests (for which she’s been billed $430 so far!). I just want them to give her blood pressure meds and sleeping pills and then leave the poor old soul ALONE! We’ll see….

Nothing to report. All is well, or at least is status quo! No complaints… Hope you’re all having rain, if you want it, or sun, if you want it. Everyone, be well! :hug: :hug: :hug:

akrosey49 05-07-2012 05:36 PM

Hi everyone. a cold and sunny day here. just got back from running errands. my sil did get the job as a supervisor at home depot,im so releaved for them.Marie happy anniversary,hope your day is special :encore: nothing exciting going on here. ttfn rosey :wave:

Wannabehealthy 05-07-2012 07:05 PM

I have not been good lately. I won't get on the scale because I don't want to know what it says. I want to lose 10 lbs before my dr appointment in June but it seems that there's always food around. I haven't been exercising. I noticed the past week that my tendon pain seems to be all but gone. Thank God. That was terrible. We went to a flea market on Sunday and walked and walked and walked. I was so hot and tired afterwards but my feet didn't hurt at all. I wore good walking shoes. Then this morning I had burning pain and numbness above my left knee. I'm assuming that's from the osteoarthritis because of all the walking. I did 3 loads of laundry today and cooked dinner, but I was sitting with my leg propped up in between so it's feeling a little better. I want to get back to my exercising but I don't want to hurt myself. I guess slow and easy to start out.

I try not to snack after dinner. I can't seem to get it right to help with my FBS. Also, I seem to control my weight better if I go to bed a little hungry.

Marie - Happy Anniversary! How many years? Ours is on Wednesday...31 years. We won't do anything special because we eat out a lot anyway so it's not really special to do that.

Dee - I was LOL at your post about the girls. I thought that too, but I also have heard Karen call her furbaby's "the girls" before, so I knew what she meant.

Gayle - I mentioned drinking vinegar to lower blood sugar. I don't know if it really helps, but what I heard was to drink 2 tablespoons in a cup of warm water. I have tried it, and it wasn't too bad mixed in the water but I don't do it regularly because I don't know if it really works.

Bobbi - All your cake ideas sound good, but I don't know if DH would like them. He's picky. He only likes yellow cake. Maybe the yellow cake with cherry filling and cool whip would work. He usually buys something from the bakery because with just the 2 of us it's too much cake to make a whole cake.

Donna - I'm glad to hear your hand is healing. My step-daughter got puncture wounds like that from her own indoor cat she had had for years. She never let him outside. One day she was holding him and she walked up to look out the door. He saw another cat and in trying to get out of her grip he punctured her hand. She didn't get medical attention and the next day it was all red and swollen so she went to the ER.

Karen3 - Hope you and dh are feeling better. I hate colds, but haven't had one since I retired 2 years ago. I guess work was making me sick! LOL

Rie - Good for you on the day of pampering. We all need that now and then.

Rosie - Sorry to hear your friend passed away. May she rest in peace.

Lucinda - I don't want to come to your town to die, but if Marie dies, I want to come out for the funeral. LOL

Maryea - I bought 29 paperback books at the flea market on Sunday! In total I only spent $6.50. DH took the first bagful to the car and by the time he got back I had another bag started. Sometimes I go and no one has any books I like at a price I like. Sunday was great! Two I paid 50 cents for and the rest were either 25 cents or 5 for a $1. Mostly suspense novels. My friend and I trade books when we're finished, and then I have the ones I download from the library. No wonder my house is never clean! LOL

Hey to everyone I missed. Have a good evening!

retiredone 05-07-2012 09:12 PM

Hi Gals. Just a quick "hello" tonight. We had some bad news about DH's BIL. He's been sick and in hospital over 2 weeks and today he was told he has some kind of leukemia. He was flown by air ambulance to the city for further testing and hopefully treatment. His family is devastated and of course the rest of us are quite sad and worried. We were all afraid that he had cancer and now we know for sure. I've been praying for him and the family.

Other than that bad news the day has been good and on plan.

I'll be back tomorrow. Take care.