3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~May Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/258050-%7E%7Emay-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Wannabehealthy 05-31-2012 08:47 AM

I was looking online for an e-reader with a glare free screen and didn't find one, but they sell glare free film to put on them. I might go that way. Maybe if I buy it at Best Buy I can get them to put it on for me. I hear it's tricky. I so want to be able to sit on my porch and read.

ladyinweighting 05-31-2012 12:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am MUCH better. Doctor switched my antibiotic. I think I will give up on trying to respond to May messages & jump back in on our June thread.

Lynn

glynne 05-31-2012 12:05 PM

Glad you are feeling better Lynn

Bobbolink 05-31-2012 02:51 PM

Thanks K3 for reminding me to put up the June thread. It's up.
Lynn...I've missed you on our walk, hope the new meds get you back on track.
Isabella...I hate mice too. The old nest I found in the shed was from last winter, I think. It was empty and the 3 dead mice I found was probably from last winter too, they were dried up. We're putting metal strips around the door/frame so they can't get in again. The little turds chewed a hole thru the wood door along the bottom.
Carol Sue...I got a pain in my legs just thinking of you doing quads. Yesterday I was sitting at my cp and all of a sudden I got a charlie horse in one of my legs and screamed. DH was sitting on the couch reading and he jumped too. Ouch!
Donna...thanks for the link, it was interesting. DH has never heard of that virus either, maybe we don't have it in Minnesota. Didn't someone say it develops in dry climate?
Anyway...I just got back from town and now I have to fill in my May budget sheet and see how I've done. Our only DD put a small chink in my budget, she's out of work for the summer and wanted to borrow $5.00 for gas. I had her fill up, purchased Frontline for her dog and 2 cats and purchased some groceries for her. She was crying, hugged me over and over and was so thankful. She's applying for some foster kids, tomorrow they will inspect her home. She'll get fingerprinted also. We have to help her find a couple of twin beds, mattress/box springs and bedding. More money she doesn't have. I'll have to dig into my secret fund to help her out. I wish I wasn't so old, I'd go back to work to help her out. (She teaches pre-school, summer's are hard for her)
See ya all over on the June thread.
K3...I read what you said about the Hatfields and McCoys dialect, we didn't think it was hard to listen to. Maybe we're closer to that area then you?
Quote:

Secret to watching is put on closed caps....easier to understand the Southern mountain dialect.

Karen31 05-31-2012 06:55 PM

We got a call this afternoon from Mike's caseworker in Colorado. He had a seizure on the bus coming home from his Goodwill Day program lasting longer than 6 minutes. He is at the ER and his caseworker is with him. I don't have a whole lot more info. yet but will update you when I do. Please keep him in your prayers.

Bobbolink 05-31-2012 07:30 PM

Sorry to hear that Karen, I'll keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Karen, I'm closing this thread, posted your message on the June Thread.