Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #481  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

OMG Rosey, your quilts are BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are so talented.

Jenye, glad you found your way back for a 2nd post. Not many to go to get a ticker. I hope your dr has good ideas about your eye trouble.

Bobbi, You can make the default font bigger in Firefox by going to Tools>Options and click on the Content tab. However, all us little web designers plug the font and size we like in our webpages so rarely would that actually help. The CTRL and - is the best way to decrease or CTRL and + to increase the entire webpage, not just the font.

Carol Sue, I'm glad to hear the almighty surgeon was pleased with your progress. Sounded a bit condescending but the new was good.

Lucinda, good work staying on the wagon!

Mary, return the trouser socks or fold them over. Never bind your appendages.

Zoe, I had to laugh at your absolute thrill with your PB2. Glad it finally came. And no, no way was I in the list that encouraged it. Too deadly.

Gayle, my furbabies are in snow heaven. It's been snowing the Pacific NW for about a week now. Since they're snow pups they are having a blast. And they're all healthy. Yay! Enjoy your many days off. My eyes have turned green with jealousy.

WOOT Rie!!!! Adios two pounds!!!! Your patience paid off. I'll be thinking of you today at the nasty budget hearing. Pool league sounds like lots more fun.

ROFLMAO Isabella!!! Sorry to really be laughing at your oven woe post but I love how you wrote it. I guess you'll be getting a new oven. Maybe two so it never happens again.

Freda, I'd never heard the God and Dr. Smith Joke. How truly accurate. Seems Carol Sue's surgeon is named Dr. Smith.

It's another snowy day here. It's amazing how it can keep coming down from the skies and we only have about 8" over the last 7 days. Yesterday I finally brought my SADD blue therapy light back to work. So I am currently glowing purple (blue light and pinkish skin apparently makes me purple according to people that stop by my office). The scale is evil. I'd like to know how not going over 1500 cals any day and exercising like a chickie possessed can equate to a 1 pound weight gain. I know in my head it's not fat but it still FRUSTRATES me. Certainly would never derail me but I did kick the scale back into place. Then I gave it the finger. Childish I know but it helped. I want new tires for my Jeep and I can't get them until a week from Friday. I bet that's about when the snow will stop. I do think Murphy's Law rules my life.
Marie
Old 01-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #482  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

VERY quick driveby....

Marie - please post pictures of the quilt you made, since we're talking quilts these days. You did such a beautiful job with it! GM still quilts. She uses the machine to put together the pieces/patches and then hand quilts the top. It's way more trouble that I care to take, and my hands don't work. She's still able to use her hands and her eyes... lucky old lady.

Gotta go!!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #483  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey...everyone is talking about your beautiful quilts and I was thinking you must have posted them on facebook because I didn't see them here. DUH, I went back a couple of pages and sure enough...I did miss them. I agree with everyone and I especially love the bear/moose and old cabin. Did you have a pattern for that? I think it would be fun to make it with old blue jeans since I have so many pieces left over. Who said it was addictive? Yup!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

OMG!! These quilts are all beautiful! I wish I had that talent. Gosh, I'm still to scared to even open the sewing machine!!

Rosey, the one with the moose is great! I was wondering too if you used a pattern.

Not much time to post right now-- need to help unload the gas fireplace out of the truck that we bought last night. Now we need to get the Buck Stove insert out, it is super heavy, and get it advertised on craigslist. I think we keep craigslist in business!! LOL!!

Be back later...

Isabella! Love the way you posted about your oven--- That just made my day!!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #485  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'll live. DH just came home and didn't seem at all concerned. What's with that? It's my oven we are talking about, my oven. He'll replace the element as soon as we pick one up. I'll keep him for that reason alone. LOL

This is what I had in the oven when I realized we might not get dinner on time. Fortunately, we have a stove in the basement and DH was late getting home. So dinner was not late for DH. I don't like to keep him waiting for his dinner as he has to leave for the afternoon bus run after eating.

This is so good. You can use whatever herbs you like. I forgot the herbs today but it needs the nutmeg, so don't leave that out unless you don't like it. I got this recipe online somewhere. A blog, maybe. Can't remember. But I've reduced some of the fat and it is still very good. It originally called for 3 tablespoons butter. You could even bake it without the crust and serve it as a fritata.
Quote:

Carrot-Onion Quiche

Yield 6 servings
Time 50 minutes

1 pie crust
1 teaspoon butter or oil
3 medium onions, minced
3 medium carrots, very thinly sliced
2 T flour
2 or 3 eggs (I used 2 today), beaten
1 c milk or evaporated milk (I use skim with about 2 or 3 tablespoon dry skim milk powder added for firmness)
1 c Swiss cheese, grated (I use whatever cheese I have on hand but Swiss is the best.)
¼-½ t salt
¼-½ pepper
1-1½ t dried savory or basil or oregano, crushed
1 t fresh OR ⅓ t dried chives, chopped
1 t fresh OR ⅓ t dried parsley, chopped
Pinch nutmeg

Preheat oven to 425. Roll out pie crust, arrange in pie plate, and bake for 10 minutes, until crust starts to color. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325.

Meanwhile, boil carrots in small amount of water until crisp tender. Drain and set aside. Melt butter over medium heat, add onions and sauté until onions are slightly softened. Remove from heat. Shake flour and milk together to make a smooth sauce. Add to pan with the cooked carrots and then remaining ingredients. Return to stove and stir until cheese melts.

Pour into pie crust and bake 30-35 minutes, until the top is slightly firm. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
I usually just layer the carrots, half the cheese and onions in the pie crust, making a couple of layers, and beat the herbs, seasonings, eggs, milk and flour together and pour it over the vegetables. Top with the remaining cheese and stick it in the oven. It comes out just as good this way. Most of the time I just stick it all in a raw crust and it still turns out good.

I got my glasses fixed yesterday and all is well in that area. I can see.

Now, I've got to get dressed and take a friend to the doctor's. Be back tonight.

Last edited by retiredone; 01-24-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

What are we dipping the cucumbers in? I bought an english cucumber yesterday but haven't cut it yet to see what it looks like inside. I asked the doctor if I still have diverticulitis and he said no, so I guess I'm ok to eat the cucumbers. I don't like them in salads but I like them on sandwiches and when I was on WW we used to slice them and eat them with cheese.

Rie - I ordered a used copy of the book "The Art of Racing In the Rain". I don't mind used as long as it's readable. It was $4.49 with shipping and it was shipped today. I looked at it in Target and it looked interesting. It was $11 there, so I saved a couple dollars buying used.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #487  

Hi everyone thankyou for all the compliments on my quilts. i started making baby blankies for my grkids. i do hand quilt them. im by no means a precise or professional quilter. i have friend whose squares all line up etc and my sister is also like that. mine are made with love and have many booboos. the moose quilt is my own pattern. i use fusable web to iron on the appliques and hand blanket stitch around them. i love fabric and we are having 2 new babies amongst our extended family so im allready shopping for fabric as far as the cucumber for replacing crackers ive used all sorts of things for dip, salad dressings,egg salad,cheese and meats.pb,bean dip etc. i like the english cukes better less seeds. dh is at the dr again today,poor guy hes feeling very depressed and CRANKY..good thing i understand. today i made him brocollii cheese and rice cassorole to go with a beef hamb steak.Zoe i ordered that book by Pat conroy.hes one of my fav but hadnt read that one yet, as well as Janet Evanovichs new one.her books are so kooky they just make me laugh. Congrats to all who have lost (im still in aholding pattern probably stress) and welcome newbies. (((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-24-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #488  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

OK, Rie, I just bought Art of Racing in the Rain from Audible and am downloading it. I'll start listening on my commute home. I bet you're recommendation is going to make me cry. I bawled at the end of Marley and Me. Dangerous when commuting.
Marie

PS Donna, I will look for the digit photos of my quilts.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 99.1/96.9/75 Kgs

Height: 165cm

Smile Wednesday

Well today is the day - I hope, the doctor, can find out what is wrong.

It adds to all my other problems - I have MS and am in a wheelchair when I leave the house - because of this my independance has flown out the window. I hope this doesn't go against me being a member of the team.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #490  

Hi ashenpond,you are welcome no matter your handicaps,please dont feel that way. we all have some problem. me im also handicapped. my legs are paralyzed and was in a wheel chair but have progressed where i dont need it now however i do use a walker. im sry you have a disability i can relate but everyone here ia warm ,loving and caring. just feel free to be apart of that hope your dr apt goes well. my dh got back from the dr and he has torn his rotator cuff and the cartilage surrounding the shoulder sockett. no wonder he complained. they are going to try physical therapy and steriod injections 1st as he is on a blood thinner and cant have surg now. hes also in a sling. sheeesh its always something.. i was up early this am about 4am to be exact,just couldnt shut my brain off.worrying only gives you wrinkels right.ttfn rosey
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #491  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Carol Sue ~ I was spreading humus on my cucumber slice. And since Rosey said she used them in place of crackers, I tried with a slice of cheese ~ not the same as with a cracker, but ok. Oh, and when I get cucumbers, I pick ones that are kind of skinny and the seeds aren't big. They are small and soft. I don't know if you could eat them like that or not.

Rosey ~ the quilts made with love are to be treasured.

Ashenpond ~ of course being in a wheel chair doesn't count against you.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #492  
Donna

CarolSue - I almost let the day get away from me:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROL SUE......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #493  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hugs to you, we're here for ya!
Quote:
I hope this doesn't go against me being a member of the team.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #494  
Donna

Default Don't Open Until Tomorrow!!!!

Rie - in advance of tomorrow:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE MISSY....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

WE LOVE YOU!

Last edited by jess1; 01-24-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

Just a couple notes tonight because I simply am a chatty girl and have comments.

My budget hearing went really great today. I am SO thankful that they were supportive and concerned with things rather than being punitive and grouchy. They were complimentary and really interested in my concerns. They even voted to put money in my reserves - that I didn't ask for!!! Yay.

Marie, I sincerely hope that you enjoy the book. Single digit salute from Montana to your scale.

Donna, we are almost at 500! Wahoo! I am sure that SamCat is appropriately happy with the Goldens this month.

Ashenpond. I hope the dr appointment went well. We have goldens with all sorts of physical challenges. Welcome to the group!

CarolSue! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Aquarians are lovely. Tee Hee

To everyone: I simply cannot get enough english cucumber slices, nor can my dgs. We simply love them I eat them sometimes with hummus, but mostly I just love them plain with a hint of sea salt. Yum.

Oh, Isabella! I am so glad that your dh returned home. We would have needed an official golden girls posse. I can bring handcuffs to any such event, if necessary.

Aw, Donna, just saw your post! Thanks Darlin! ( "don't open til tomorrow" I peeked)

Well, I am off to gork with my blanket and my book. Another long day tomorrow. Sleep well!

Rie

Last edited by Riemontana; 01-24-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Closed Thread