Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - Around here I have been to funerals where the church ladies do the luncheon and some that are catered. Many, the caterer just drops off the food and you have to have someone to set it up and serve. It costs more to have someone stay to serve. I agree that is its difficult to know how many people will come to a funeral. With us, it's usually just family, so we guesstimate. Way back when, the neighbors all came to the house bringing casseroles, baked goods, etc. Then people came to the house after the funeral.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #452  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Jenye ~ you'll like it here ~ wonderful bunch of ladies. I think I have read that you can get the ticker thing after you have made 20 posts.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #453  

Height: 5'1"

God Morning Gg's

Yesterday was a lazy day. Went grocery shopping and shopping for awhile and that was about it. Did go to the dollar tree and found WW desserts on sale for 1.00 and bought a couple for a change. Loaded up on everything I need at the grocery store except the hamburger I need for the kiddies today. unless I make a roast. they are so pickey and won't eat much so I have to improvise diet wise when they are here. Roast is fine but when I make hamburgers I just have mine on a salad, no bun.

Jeney, Welcome, I think you have to post so many times before you get a ticker. I'm sure some of the others will fill you in. A few of us have wondered off and come back when the weight crept (or leapt) back on. This is a great group. Jump right in and get comfortable.

Karen31, I think the Magic Bullet will be easier to use and more fun. Frozen Daquari by the pool sounds pretty good to me, although right now it's a little hard to imagine.

Rosie, good recipe, sounds yummy!

Marie, scarey, to have that severe an allergy. I know how careful you are, and to still have symptoms sometimes because of things that don't have proper ing. list is terrible. I know you probably have a list of things you can eat and not worry about, but there is always a chance they can change the ing. in them.

Bobbi, Your quilt is beautiful. Lovely placement of colors. You must have a really heavy duty sewing machine to be able to sew throught that. Denium is hard to sew. The arena where the kids play soccer is huge. There are 2 in one building and the other building is an ice arena.

Lynn, Only one more week to go with this class. Do you have another one lined up or is this it for a while? Good to see that you are back in the gym again. Thank God you weren't injured in the accident. Icy roads scare me. I had an incident once, years ago, totally lost control. I can still feel the terror.

Mary, thanks for the sites. Don't think I have the patience for the sweeps but I'd love to win some books. I'll give it a try.

DeeLee, You are so right about the weight so easy to put on and so hard to take off! 5 days a week at the gym is wonderful. Congrats on the weight loss.

Isabella, I hope you get your glasses fixed with no problem. Fruit has been really cheap here lately. Well, not everything, but I got blackberries for .50 a carton and bananas for .39 cents. Don't have a clue where they are coming from.

Chickadee, My mom quilted and I quilt a bit too. I plan to join a quilting group when I retire. There is on at our local community center, and I know most of the ladies there. All ages, even a 12 year old girl joined. Glad to see that young people are interested too. She made a beautiful quilt. My hospital has a quilting group too, they make lap quilts for the patients. Some are really beautiul and the patients are so happy to get them. There is a crochet group too that make afghans for the patients.

Rie, what a beautiful story about your grandma. And what a lovely way to keep her memory alive.

Hi Gayle, we were posting at the same time. Are you working today? How about walking?

Carol Sue, I remember the days when everyone brought food to the home. But we brought the deceased to the home too. Old fashioned Irish custom maybe? you don't see it much any more. When my grandma was alive it was a must, but when she passed away she was left at the Church. It upset me a little, but I wasn't in charge. But we also have a custom of "sitting up" too.

Yesterdays menu:
breakfast: 2 boiled eggs and V8 juicce
Lunch: homemade chicken noodle soup
Dinner: baked fish (Bobbi, I use panko too, I think you mentioned them) roast vegetables and a small baked potato.
Snack: bowl of cheerioes

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 01-23-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #454  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi and welcome Jenye. Glad you came back. You'll be able to get a ticker after you make about 20 or so posts so get chatting, lol.

Well I might as well throw my hat in the ring and tell you what we do in most of Newfoundland following a funeral. In most cases, in small towns, which most of NL is made up of, people will drop off food to the house and then the church ladies will prepare a "cold plate" or soup and sandwiches for the family and close friends following the interment. This may take place in the church hall or if the family prefers in the family home.

Below is a typical cold plate usually served with a dinner roll. The meats may vary and the only thing missing is the beet salad, which I've inserted below, which is made by mashing potato and pickled beet together with a little sugar and salad dressing. The yellow salad is a mustard salad made by mashing potatoes with mustard, a little sugar and salad dressing.

Last edited by retiredone; 01-23-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #455  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

It is a little sunny here today. Two days down ~ one more to go then off for 6 days ~

I can't remember what people do after funerals where I grew up. I was just little when my grandfather died. When my husband's mom passed, I had little kids and I guess because I was busy tending them, I don't remember what was done in that situation either. When reading about others and having to cater for afterwards ~ who pays for that? I just wondered. Somehow to me it seemed wrong ~ after all the family who lost a loved one has gone through and the expense of funeral and all ~ to expect them to also have to cater a meal for all the visitors.

This also makes me think of how things have gotten so elaborate ~ like kids feeling like they have to rent a limo for prom. And the other day on the radio ~ they were telling about a new thing ~ now in addition to wedding planners, they have engagement planners. Someone that is hired to make a lavish production of the guy asking the girl to marry him. It just all seems so over the top.

I can't remember now who was asking, but it was interesting to hear what grandmas and grandpas are called in different places. When I grew up ~ we called our grandparents by their last names. Grandma and Grandpa Kline. My dad's dad ~ one of my cousins when he was little couldn't say grandpa so called him Bumpa ~ and that stuck. My brothers kids call my parents Neema and Bumpa. My kids call them Grandma and Grandpa T. T ~ because it was easier to say Grandma T than Grandma Tayerle. My sister's little granddaughter calls her Nana. When I lived in Maine, that is what kids called their grandmas ~ I had not heard that one before. Corbin calles me Grandma Gayle and his dad's mom Grandma Sherry. I like that better than if I should have been called Grandma Dodge. Grandma Sherry started that ~ because when Corbin was born ~ she was only 36 and I guess maybe it didn't make her feel like an old grandma to be called Grandma Sherry instead.

Ok, Better quit fooling around and get dressed and head out.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #456  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Jenye, welcome! Like the other Golden Girls said, jump right in. Nice to have an Australian among us.
Marie...no, I'm really not a quilter. Our church has a quilting group and I asked one of the ladies if she'd call me when they add batting and the fabric backing to their quilt so I could watch. She told me not to put batting in it since it was so heavy, just back it with a light fabric and poke yarn throughout the quilt to hold things together. She also told me to start the yarn knots at the center and work outward. (Both good tips) I ordered a book on ebay that had 150 quilt patterns and used their instructions to put the squares together. Someone asked about sewing thru all that heavy material, I purchased some heavy duty needles and quilting thread. My Singer sewing machine had no trouble sewing through the thickest. I only made 4 squares with all 8 points meeting in the middle, that was hard to sew through. I'm learning as I go, but I think it'll be really nice when I finish. Not sure how big I'll make it because it is heavy.
Gayle...my grandsons call me Bobbie, that's Czech for grandma. They had so many grandmothers at the time and Bobbie was easy for them to say. They call DH papa.
I can't stay and chat, we have an appointment at the nursing home for MIL and the roads are all ice. We've had about 40 cars in the ditch so far. This was on Hungry Girl this morning:
Spotted on Shelves (Cereal Edition!)...
Peanut Butter Multi Grain Cheerios - WARNING: Portion these babies out before you dig in -- they're ridiculously good and almost impossible to stop eating. A 3/4-cup serving has 110 calories, 1.5g fat, 130mg sodium, 23g carbs, 2g fiber, 9g sugars, and 2g protein (PointsPlus® value 3*). You can be sure these will be popping up in HG recipes soon...
Quote:
Keep me Accountable menu 1040calories + 41 grams fiber

Breakfast - Fiber One, Orange yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds,
3oz. Chunky Cinnamon applesauce

Lunch- Flat Out with peanut butter (pb2) and lettuce
Carrot sticks

Supper -Filet Mignon, ½ baked potato, buttered mushrooms, cranberry sauce and lettuce salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing

Snack-Carob pudding with SF Cool Whip

Cheerio’s around 11:30...couldn’t sleep.
Anyone see that funny video on America's funniest videos last night? It was a dog that chewed up a bed sheet, then went in the shower stall to hide when owners came home. The look on the dogs face was priceless.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-23-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #457  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi GG! I got a call early this morning to come to see the surgeon at 11:30. He wants to look at the wounds and discuss the results of the CT scan. Isn't it about time??????? I wanted him to do this a couple weeks ago instead of me seeing the PA all the time! I hope he is going to take a different course of action because they one they've been doing hasn't been working. I'll keep you posted.

Gayle - Around here it's mostly Grandma And Grandpap sometimes joined with the last name, with the exception of when I was growing up with a lot of kids whose grandparents were immigrants and they called their Grandma "Bubba".
For my grandson, I am Grandma, DH is Pap Pap (his dad always called DH Pappy). The other grandparents are Gran and Granddad.

Freda - My mother told me about when the casket was in the home and the people came to the home for visitation. I agree that leaving the deceased at the church seems strange. I never heard of that. What is the custom of "sitting up"?

Isabella - I liked that little cold plate. It looked good and it's a good idea to have them in the little containers so each person gets one and there's no food sitting out. I heard of that beet salad on another board. I tried making it and I liked it but DH would not even try it, so it's off the menu. This one was made with cubed potatoes and beets cut the way you would for potato salad.

Gayle - I think many people cater the luncheon because they don't want anyone to have to do it. The family of the deceased pays. When my MIL passed away we had the luncheon in the local firehall because my SIL is a fireman and got the hall free of charge. One person brought fried chicken from WalMart. Several brought sandwich rings with potato salad and macaroni salad. DH and I brought 2 bakery cakes, one of which was stale and I took it back the next day and got a refund. It was very casual. There were about 20 people, most were family.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #458  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

I can hardly believe that after posting on Saturday, I’m already several pages behind! We are getting huge! I wonder if that has something to do with all the “baby boomers” aging out…pretty soon, we’ll be the biggest segment of the population!

Anyhoo, yesterday went by in a blur – slept VERY late (for me) – didn’t get up until 9:30. Drank my coffee and then made some breakfast for dh and ds (ds stopped by on his way to work; he has to be in his office from 11 – 5 on Sundays) and then my bff from Richmond, VA called, and I chatted with her for almost an hour. The grocery shopping – three different stores: I buy my basics, and produce at one market, specialty items at another (Trader Joe’s) and diapers for my three grandbabies still in diapers at WalMart. (I always have bought all the grandbabie’s diapers…they’re such an expensive item for young families, don’t you think?). Then we dropped diapers and juice and a few other things off to the respective dd’s houses, and didn’t get ourselves home until after 4. Y’know, I typically don’t shop at WalMart after watching that Michael Moore documentary some years ago about how they move into an area and put the smaller, local business owners out of business, but I do go there for diapers and some drugstore items (not prescriptions) because the only other choices are other chains like CVS and Walgreens that aren’t local, and are more expensive. It’s hard to support the little guys when there aren’t many – if any – left.

So, home, combination lunch and dinner at @5:30, and then just putzing or “gorking” around, as Rosey calls it, until bedtime. Did some reading. Rie, did you read “South of Broad” by Pat Conroy? It isn’t his MOST recent, but it’s fairly recent. His latest is more of an autobiographical piece with short vignettes on his writing and people who influenced him. I haven’t read that – but LOVED “South of Broad”. My daughter just read it and couldn’t put it down. She’s starting a little women’s book club, which I plan to be part of, and she’s suggesting “South of Broad” for the first discussion group.

Chickhen, of COURSE you can join! Welcome, and jump right in – the water’s fine!

CaddyK, you maybe haven’t noticed, but I haven’t gotten into this discussion of juicers and blenders and shakers and twisters…I enjoy chewing my veggies, and like them best roasted, as so many here have recommended. I suppose I could make myself fruit smoothies, but I kind of like my fruit in the chewable form as well. My weekly fruit intake includes blueberries and strawberries every morning either in a bowl of Fiber One, or mixed into hot maple and brown sugar (diet variety) oatmeal. There were a couple of weeks when the markets around here didn’t have blueberries or strawberries and I was pretty bummed out, but they’re back now, thank goodness! I also have either grapes or a peach, pear or apple (whichever looks best at the market) with my lunch. My veggies include raw spinach – I put that into a deli ham & faux cheese sandwich on my 60 calorie pita bread for lunch some days – and whatever roasted, steamed, or raw veggies (in salad) that I have for dinner. No blended drinks for me – they just don’t seem to keep me very full like the solid fruits and veggies do.

Deelee, oh yes – I’ve actually read “Prince of Tides” a couple of times, and probably seen the movie three times or so. A pretty riveting story line. Check out “South of Broad” if you haven’t already read it. It’s every bit as good, I promise!

Oh, thanks, Isabella, for explaining vitamix to me. It sounds like one of those things that I am unlikely to ever own. You, my dear lady, do so much more cooking and baking from scratch than I do. I use every shortcut imaginable! But, if I’m not likely to get much use out of something, I’ve learned not to buy it, because, unlike CaddyK, I never get around to returning things. On those few occasions that, for example, I want to make coleslaw, I buy a bag of shredded cabbage & carrots, give it a few extra chops with the hand chopper that I got from my mother (she got it from her mother), mix in some raisins, a few tablespoons of lite Miracle Whip, a little ff milk, and a few packets of Stevia sweetener, and call it a day! Oh, and I really must join the multitude in complimenting you on that great picture! My weight is an equal opportunity bulldozer…it piles on everywhere, not just in specific areas!

Lyn, I’m so glad to see you doing some traveling in your retirement – and of course, you’re very active even when home. I’m kind of hoping that that’s how my life will be when I retire. You are my role model!

Lucinda, I am SO liking the sound of that soup of yours! But, if it means buying a vitamix to pulverize the cashews, I won’t be having it anytime soon. Maybe there’s another way…..I’ll have to see what I can come up with. Is the purpose of the cashews to add protein? If that’s the case, maybe a substitute of some kind (protein powder?) might work…?

Mary, I LOVE trouser socks! They come in such great patterns and designs! The trouble is, when I haven’t been very good about my eating, I feel like I need the panty hose to restrain some of what would otherwise bulge out and have me looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. When I’m at my slimmer weight, I can wear the trouser socks because I can wear just a pair of undies without bulging. Unfortunately, I am currently in “bulge” mode….ack.

Marie, our family and friends do the “at home” reception following a funeral…and in some rare cases, a little pot-luck buffet type meal is held at the church. Mostly people kind of stick with cold meat and cheese platters, maybe some salads, and a variety of breads and desserts. In general, I have not appreciated the funerals that I’ve attended – the custom of displaying the body for “calling hours” and such. Apparently, that dates back to when people were often thought to be dead, but weren’t, and ended up buried alive – thus the “wake” or “calling hours” to give the *dead* person a little time to recover before burial just in case they were just in some kind of coma or something. In these days of progressive medicine, it seems to me that if someone is pronounced dead, they’re probably dead, so the “wake” becomes an outdated (and torturous to the immediate family) practice. I expect to be cremated, and would like very much for my ashes to be dropped off of Sakonnet Point in Rhode Island, which is where I spent the majority of my very happy oceanside childhood.

Rosey, when you say things like “it warmed to above zero” it sends shivers up and down my spine!

Gayle! Three pounds! Congratulations, Chica! AWE-SOME!

Freda, my dgd plays indoor soccer, too. And basketball. And she does sacred dance. And, and, and….these grandkiddos of ours sure stay busy, don’t they?

K3, your description of all the veggies that you roast had my mouth watering….!

Bobbi, the quilt is absolutely beautiful! You are far too modest. If I had made that, I’d be bragging on it every chance I got!

Marie(again), I never thought much about food allergies until my dd’s twins were born, and being premies, and I suppose having some underdeveloped digestive issues, they have had a lot of allergies. Then, when my dd was diagnosed with MS, and I found the “MS Recovery Diet” book, which theorizes (and the medical profession is just now starting to believe it) that MS is exacerbated by certain foods, and dd has done so well on an almost Paleo diet, which excludes anything known to be an allergen (eggs, soy, legumes, caffeine, sugar, gluten, etc., etc) I have become super-conscious of allergies myself. The twins go nowhere without an epipen. No WONDER you are so careful about your eating! Make sure you STAY that way – we love you too much to lose you to some awful allergic reaction!

Welcome Jenye. Glad to have you….we elders really have to stick together and support each other, you know!

Carol Sue – how are you doing? Any news on the MRI? Ooops…I just noticed your latest post. DO keep us updated, chickie!

Okay…ole’long-winded me is checking out…have a good day, y’all!

Z
Old 01-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #459  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Gosh it was a windy night around here up until about 3:00 am. Kept checking the phone for alerts! But nice today and right now a temp of 38 but supposed to get to 52! Guess I can’t complain,

Thanks Rosey, I will try that one too. I have it washed out and ready to try a smoothie. Have to wait about half hour since I take a thyroid med. But it is all washed and ready to go.

Welcome Jenye! You have to have 20 post and 20 days before you can get the ticker. They had to start doing that so there wouldn’t be so much spam or something… But Keep posting often and it will go by fast. Then you can get your ticker from the 3fc homepage or you can go to “Ticker Factory” We look forward to getting to know you. I think we have a pretty great bunch of ladies here and know they will all welcome you too. So pull up a chair and make yourself comfy!

We always went back to a family members after a funeral and had a pot luck. That way everyone could come and go as they pleased. Except when my Dad passed away 3 years ago-- he didn’t want any ceremony at all. Had already paid for his cremation and wanted his ashes in the lake where we all spent so much time and he enjoyed so much. So that is what we did, it was just us kids and the man from the funeral home. Then we all had lunch at the lakeside café where he always liked to go and just told stories about growing up with him. I posted a picture of the lake where we had his ashes thrown in and also a couple of the last pictures we had of him before he was so sick.

Gayle, when we were growing up my Mother’s Mother was “Grandmother” she never wanted to be called Grandma. I never knew my Mother’s Dad he died when I was just a baby. And my Dad’s parents were Grandma and Grandpa. So we for sure knew who we were talking about!

Carol Sue-- Keep us updated on what your surgeon says-- we are all anxious to hear and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Zoe, I am going to cook more veggies now too. But I still like my smoothie in the morning. I guess it is because I really like the French vanilla slim fast with strawberries in it. But I only by the powder form and mix it with fat free milk. Going to try to get more of a variety and maybe get away from just the slim fast for awhile.

Tim’s sister called last week and Tim’s Dad is in the hospital. He had been getting better from the pneumonia but then last Monday was having a very hard time breathing. He also has prostate cancer. She called again last night and he is doing better but the Dr.s have given him 3 to 6 months. They plan on releasing him from the hospital Wednesday. She is going to have a hospital bed delivered to the home so he will still be able to get some rest but also be able to sit up some without the extra strain of getting up and walking from the room to room. So I’m sure we will be making a trip to PA. soon. Tim has 4 brothers and sisters but most of all this care and landed on just the one. The others all scattered, some in NH. Mass. NM and then us here. Got to give her credit she has been doing this for a lot of years because she was the one that also took care of his Mom there until she passed. Thoughts and prayers needed for the family.

Need to get busy now and get something done. Have several things to get cleaned up and ready to leave at a moments notice if need be.

Have a good day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 068.jpg (25.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 081.jpg (34.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 082.jpg (41.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #460  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

Happy Monday. I stopped in here to see what’s up because I had a morning conference call that was boring and here I find all sorts of activity! Yay.

Welcome Jenye. This is a great group. We have another gal from down under – she goes by Koala but we don’t hear from her much. Jump right in….

We tend to have really big funerals, I think as part of the farm family traditions. My grandparents, in their mid 90’s, both had about 200 people each at their services. Our luncheons are held in the church fellowship hall and the church ladies serve it. Typically, the family provides meat trays and rolls and the neighbors all bring salads and deserts. It is a lot of work and money to a stricken family. In a weird way, it was also therapeutic – we gave them one last “send off”.

On the “grandma” names: My dad used to say to my kids “what’s that old mean granny doing?” This when they were really little. At the time, the boys had grannies and great grannies so it was a lot to keep straight. My mom became “old mean granny”. She considers it an endearment….. LOL and she has continued the tradition with my dgs. Old Mean Granny she is not but she loves the name. She gets a kick out of telling people this and doesn’t understand that they aren’t sure how to react. Oh well….. Forgive my continuous story telling….

I am off to face the day that won’t end until late this evening. I will be back later for personals.

Rie
Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Got all my $ passwords changed. The only 1 I had a problem with was Quicken. Just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with my bank straightening it all out.

Rainy here today. This evening, I am meeting 2 women I worked with over 10 years ago. We meet twice a year - summer and around New Year's. I always look forward to catching up with them.

Have a great day.

Lynn
Old 01-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #462  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola!

Oh, my, what Chatty Cathies you all are (Gabby Goldens didn't sound very nice!)...

CarolSue - good thoughts! I hope the doc sees you personally and can help you... good thoughts!!

I'm at work and better get back to it... I enjoyed all the posts! Later, lovelies!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #463  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

KarenMO, ye cleaning a magic bullet is easy. I hope you like it as well as I do. about the sad news regarding Tim's dad. I'm so sorry.

Jenye, welcome back to 3FC and to the GG group. Motivation to changes one's way of life is hard to find. I find for me, it's just one day I had to be different. It wasn't a choice/want but a need. I hope you find yours.

Freda, back in the late 90s, Butterball decide to inject their turkeys with Soy Protein for "enhanced" flavor and it cause a nice reaction that I still remember. I saw so mad that I have to read labels every time I pick a product up even if I use it often. Rosey, that's sort of a warning for you so your DH will be safe.

Isabella, that is quite a cold plate. What is the beet salad?

Gayle, I know my MIL paid for the catered post-service meal after my FIL died. Spendy. And very stressful for her.

Bobbi, if you make a quilt, you're a quilter. Perhaps a beginner quilter but a quilter. I'm a beginning quilter. I've made three. I look at the amazing quilts other make and just shake my head at their patience.

Carol Sue, I hope the surgeon provides you with sound information this time.

Zoe, on the cashews for Lucinda's soup, maybe you could use cashew butter (next to peanut butter in the grocery) for the flavor. I know about the cashew butter in my sad attempts to have a PBJ sandwich without peanut butter. It was not the same. Keep those twins safe. It is amazing where they can stick soy.Nearly all deli roast beef has added soy. I hate soy.

Rie, I hope your day isn't as long as you're post implied. It will be better than last week. Positive thinking.

Lynn, I'm so sorry you had such a tough time changing all your passwords. I doubt it counts as a Presidential Fitness activity, huh?

Donna, I think I like that we're Chatty Cathies. But Gabbie Goldens is probably more appropriate.

Nothing new in my world. I started my post about 4 hours ago. Work keeps interrupting but I'm finished. So I will post it and really focus on where I should be focusing. Later GGs.
Marie
Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #464  

Hi everyone i got a bouquet of flowers today.mr grabby pants said he was sorry hes forgiven. nothing going on here. ive been sorting out my pictures and working on my quilt (Bobbie its catchy). im trying to be creative with my cooking with what i have on hand.paydays coming lol. i made a navy bean soup today with lots of celery onion and carrotts,and chicken. i served it with a dolop of s cream and shredded cheddar cheese. i used a little green tabasco on mine. i was surprized how good it was. my dh had an apt with his reg dr today,tomorrow with the orthpedist,and thurs the dietician. hes tired of it all but has not had any stomach pain on this new restricted diet
caddy karen im sry about your fil prayers and hugs. hoping your days been awsome rosey pictures of my quilt in progress.

Breakfast
coffee,greekyogurt

lunch
1/2 chix breast in small green salad rasberry vineget dressing

snack
1/2 c grapes

dinner
bean soup with chix and cheese and s cream

1st and 2nd pic my quilt in progress,3rd quilted wall hanging,4th baby quilt i made for my niece,5th quilt i helped my grdd make for her mom. shes the only grkid i let use my machine lol even her mom didnt get that honor!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 416.jpg (35.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 417.jpg (24.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 313.jpg (34.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 148.jpg (26.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 024.jpg (35.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-23-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 99.1/96.9/75 Kgs

Height: 165cm

Thank you gayle, freda, isabella, bobbi. carol Sue, ellabella, Karen31, Rie, Maria. for the best welcome that I have had to a group. I feel most welcome.

Please give me a few days to get to know you all and read the posts. I am very slow at the moment as I am having trouble with my eyes and am off to see my eye specialist on Wednesday.

Thank you also for the info re the tickers - I wasn't sure if that was classified as being with the signatures. Have to get going on my posts won't I, never been without a ticker before.

Until next I post.

Jenye
Closed Thread