3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~July Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/236973-%7E%7Ejuly-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

akrosey49 07-20-2011 08:41 PM

Howdy everyone.. a nice quiet and sunny day.spent most of the day swithching puppies around.gizmo is to tiny to be down with sadie,theyre the same age but sadie thinks hes a squeaky toy. to give them both time to run and play its one out one in and then reverse till theyre tired and nap :dizzy: i like nap time :D ive been getting things together for my dd garage sale that they are having,good way to get rid of my useless treasures and i dont have to do the work. Rie im happy for your loss,and im glad to share the "atta girls" im not sure if the newer members know that i had gastric bypass surg in nov. its still hard to stick to my small servings and no bread,rice,pasta,potatoes or anything with sugar.my smaller stomach wont let me over eat. i gained 70# the yr i got out of the hosp.so after careful thought adn encouaged by my dr i went for it. best decision i ever made for myself. its just a tool tho and the success or failure is in my hands.im pleased with my progress. zoe hope you find a dress u will feel comfortable in, ilike the way you put your clothes together, very classy and totaly you. i got some new satin(stretchy) undies well baggy sweats and satin undies are not a good combo,not a good picture lol. on that weird note hope your weekends easy (((hugs))) rosey :wave:

maryea 07-20-2011 08:53 PM

Zoe - Knowing me I'm sure I won't have any trouble having a few higher cal days now and then. ;) But yes, I am amazed how I am so satisfied with so little when I decide to do it. I am not really limiting myself to 1000...that's just what Medi-Fast said theirs is for the plan I sorta based my eating plan on, but it is often difficult to get more if really stick to it. Today though I already have 978 because I had a kinda high-fat dinner and I ate a 1/2 cup of pasta. We are going to church soon so I won't have anything more until we return. If I keep it 100-200 I should be still ok. I got a kick out of the recipe names of what we had fordinner..it was Foo King Tilapia (it was supposed to be Flounder), Most Excellent Noodles, and supposed to be China Slaw but I made it more of a sauteed cabbage dish as I knew dh would like it better. It called for quite a lot of butter (for us) though so that's why it was kind of high cal.

Rie - Glad your friend is ok. That kinda of heat is brutal! Congrats on your weight loss! You really are doing well!

Rosey - Just let those pretty undies be your inspiration...but I don't recommend thongs. Maybe some of you younger gals like them, but not me!
One Valentine's Day my dh got me some thongs, what was he thinking? Well, I know but anyway one day I wore them to work and it was such an uncomfortable day! After that i only wore them briefly for him but never again otherwise! And I told him next time bring me candy (remember this was long ago, now I'd say flowers or something else). LOL

glynne 07-20-2011 11:22 PM

Good evening GG's,

Yippee ~ I got out at a more reasonable hour tonight ~ only 45 minutes over. So, I have had a nice evening here. They could feel your stern looks Rie and Zoe and they did not want to have to tangle with you two ;)

Got to visit with a friend on the phone. She is a lady I met here on 3FC when I first started here. We were at the time having similar teenager problems and found support in each other for that and weight issues. That was during that time of depression I told about in an earlier post. I was alone in a new town and missing my family ~ the computer was my lifeline to the world. We have been friends for almost 11 years now. I actually got to meet her in person once ~ she lives near where my sister lives in Kentucky and so when I went to visit my sister, made arrangements to meet her at a place for supper. That was a neat treat. We call ourselves sisters in spirit ~ we feel the same about a lot things and have a lot in common.

How did each of you come to find 3FC? ~ another story we could share if you wanted. My mom helped me find this place. She read about it in the Parade magazine from the Sunday paper. It listed several diet web sites. I tried the others first ~ I was kind of put off by the name of this place ~ Fat Chicks indeed. But this turned out to be the best of all the places. Back then, the number at the bottom of the page of members ~ was actually a number you could fathom. I used to watch it go up a couple numbers a little at a time. My how it has grown.

Now have gotten to spend a little time here ~ I look so forward to that each day. But it is almost bed time ~ time to put up the cat and the computer :)

One more day ~ tomorrow ~ absolutely no staying late ~ I have some tests/proceedures on Friday ~ so I have a good reason not to stay.

Hope you all have a good rest.

Take care

the slim me 07-21-2011 08:47 AM

Good Morning GG's

Another 100 degree day. I'm just staying in a lot. If I have to weed the garden or water I do it very early.

Rie, Well, I'm glad DS got a job, even if the timing sucks! You and DGS will still have a good time on vacation. I'm glad your friend is ok after the dance. Too bad some of the others didn't do well. Congratulations on the weight loss! 6 lb. is awsome!!!

Z, what ever you wear to the wedding, you will look beautiful. I'm not sure I agree with your DD. I think the flowing clothes are just "YOU". Your dinner look Yummy! But, you need corn bread with it.

Donna, I'm glad you got your depression under control without meds. I worked psych for a bit and we had lots of "frequent flyers". Almost all of them were there because they stopped taking their meds. Some people have to take them to stay under control. And I know a lot of them have pretty bad side affects. But if you can't take one, there are lots out there. You found a way to stay healthy without them and I have to give you a lot of credit. Exercise helps so much, so many things. And a good diet too.

Nancy, Yes, we all have so much to be thankful for. I'm glad you're looking at things like that. Because it's so true.

Mary, 800 calories is not much. I can't believe you stay full on that small amount. And I think it may slow down your matobolism. Or does eating frequently prevent that? It does seem to be working for you.

Rosie, Good luck at that garage sale. I hope you make lots of money and get rid of lots of stuff. Isn't it amazing how much "stuff" we collect?

Gayle, Have a good day at work. And make a real effort to get out in time. I know our job isn't like others. Some things we just can't leave.

Tea, Sorry you're still hitting that plateau. It happens to all of us and it stinks. But it does pass. Seems like every time I hit one, when I finally did lose, I lost a lot. We haven't gotten an update on your son lately. How is he doing?

Make it a good day,

Freda

glynne 07-21-2011 10:05 AM

Yea ~ a sunshiney day ~ off to work now.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Riemontana 07-21-2011 10:43 AM

Good Morning All

I was awake early this morning and I have enjoyed the day, so far;) I am trying for a new breakfast: Apple, a little cheese, a smidge of peanut butter. I am hoping that I can get more fruit into my diet without a rise in blood sugar. So far, so good.

I have lots to do in the next couple days to get ready for vacation. I don't want to have a mad rush at the last minute. As I said before, I am a last minute, throw the bag in the car kinda girl. This time, I am trying to plan.

Gayle, I like the "how did I find 3fc idea". I was looking online for the "cauliflower fried rice" recipe and this site popped up. A friend who was on ideal protein also told me about 3fc. I was also put off by the title. Anyway, I was spending lots of time online cruising through support sites. I have been quiet about my journey with most people so I felt alone. I started lurking here on 3fc. I joined and started posting a little. Soon after, I found this group. Here I am. I don't have the words to explain how much difference the support has made for me. I was amazed to realize that I only joined in March. I feel like I have been here forever and that this is a real part of my life. Again, thanks for welcoming me.

Gayle, enjoy your "Friday"! Hope that your health is ok.

Freda, stay out of the heat. I have been pulling a few weeds at a time and moving the hoses very early in the mornings. Drink a little coffee, pull a couple weeds, take another sip, watch a bird, take another sip, .....:D

Mary, thongs??? That romantic devil! I love that line in a movie, "I hate sexy underwear because its uncomfortable!" lol. I am currently struggling with the sensation of undies that actually fit. I have been so used to the great big bloomers that this is an odd feeling.... OMG we are weird!

Rosey, slippery panties and sweat pants?!:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol3: Oh, that was funny! Ds said, "mom - what's so funny???" I just wiped my eyes and shook my head as I giggled. Thanks for the laugh! Oh, and Rosey, I knew about your surgery because of your bio. Can I just tell you that I think you are amazing? Admirable? Inspiring? WLS is a tool, and not an easy one to use. Most people in your situation would have simply given up. Not you!

Zoe, I think you have a wonderful style. My dil has been dressing me lately because I can't seem to pick the best clothes and I HATE to shop. She always picks form fitting tops for me. I have to admit, I get loads of compliments whenever I wear her picks for me. I tend to want to hide in a portable tent. However, you have this chic, flowing style. I think you should be comfortable. Maybe, you could go shopping and consider what they would pick for you? I know that I am always so surprised by how I look. DIL and I have a deal: I try on what she picks and they I choose what I buy. It really works because I would never try on most of what she picks. Something to consider.....

Marie, I am so happy that you solved the doggy problem and can care for Kai without giving up your dream vaca. I loved your recovery story. I can just see you in the jeep..... Thanks for your FB support.

Nancy, :carrot:Yup! Go girl! Take the good days and :kickbutt: when you have to. Has it been cooler in your house? I am all over the party idea.

Karenfl, I hope you are continuing to improve. :hug:

Mustang Karen, see you on FB:D

Koala, wuz up? How are things down under?

Ok, on with the day..... Later

Rie

Karen31 07-21-2011 11:04 AM

Good Morning! Well, the wii fairy is letting me know this morning that I best get back on track with my routine!! I'm up a pound! I just haven't been doing what I KNOW WORKS! So I have got to push myself and get back with it! With all the car shopping and 5th wheel shopping and trying to keep the house decent to show, I haven't even had any real definite times in the pool! We try to get out there in the evening but I really like to be out there in the afternoon too--at least I want to have some tan before summer is over!

Marie-- Happy to hear you were able to get things situated so you can take that vacation!

Gayle--hope you have a great day!

Koala--How are things going for you?

Zoe, I agree with everyone else-- you always look so nice no matter what you choose to wear I know you will look fantastic!

Rie -- Glad to hear that Sean was OK sorry to hear that some of the others had problems. Getting ready for vacation is hard work--definitely need a vacation after getting ready!

I know I have missed several of you this morning but it is already 10:00 am (I slept until 9:00 this morning!!) and I need to get outside and vacuum the pool. It is already 94 degrees here so I missed getting it done before it got hot! Although Tim said at 7:00 this morning it was already 85!! Also need to get caught up again on some housework and laundry and I am going to try to get to visit my Wii today sometime---maybe things will turn around soon!

Have a great day everyone and I'll be back later.

jess1 07-21-2011 12:01 PM

Good Morning, All…
Oh, Nancy, sorry to rain on your parade! Because I’m still in the throes of ResidualComputerVirus, my thinking is tending toward computer lingo. Maybe YOUR little wobbly pounds are off lounging somewhere, but MINE are firmly ensconced on my personal hard drive (which is where I sit!)!!

Marie – I decided to go right to the source and called my NewDehli connection and asked my questions. I got a good tech, and she answered my questions clearly. I think I’m good to go, but I will ask you when I have more questions. Thanks! I’ve been pricing laptops, and they’re fairly reasonable (under $300). I’ll need a wireless router, etc., and then I can get the sicko PC into the shop and get a D&C on its little hard drive! I’ve never been overly fond of this computer, but it does the job… most of the time! It sounds like you have the vacation situation covered, with a lot of help from friends and family. My SamCat, at 18 and virtually toothless, has to be fed 4 times a day, because he eats so little and has a history of bladder crystals. No way would I ask anyone to do that (part of his personal requirement is that his food be heated no more than 5 seconds… He also prefers that I stand by him and pet him while he dines). Do you think he’s spoiled, just very crafty, or that I’m INSANE? He's very entitled!

PT/Zoe – I’m glad you’re alternating higher with lower calorie days. That 800 limit is very scary and very little and very dangerous for an extended period! Have you had any good news from the damn dreaded scale yet? I’ll eagerly await your wedding outfit photos!

Rie – I’m so glad Sean did okay. It sounds like such a grueling ordeal! How often does he do it? Did he come back with any revelations?

Rosey – satin undies? Very posh!

Mary – loved your thong story! These men! Hahaha

Gayle – you sounded better today, less tired!

Granny/Mom’s doc appointment went well. We both really like the doc, very down-to-earth, straight-forward… He said that they usually won’t do the surgery in people her age, but she’s in good shape and has no indication/history of mini-strokes; he said he’d be willing to do the surgery if that’s what she chooses… or not, if that’s what she chooses. We go next week for a CT scan of the carotids, and that will give a much clearer picture. He said she won’t feel any better, won’t be any perkier, won’t sleep better… but her risk for stroke will be much lessened. She’s leaning toward doing it. We’ll see…

Onward and upward! Lots of errands to do today, so I’ll heigh off…… Have a good Thursday! :hug:

Marie 07-21-2011 01:11 PM

OK Zoe, I understand the temps are too hot for exercising... BUT... exercise indoors. Go to a mall and walk. Go to a gym. Get a one day pass. That way your diligent eating willpower will be supplemented with making your body sleek and toned.

Rie, I'm sorry that Sean isn't feeling well but thankfully he is ok. 112 degrees is no temp for dancing. WTG on the loss. Do you realize how close to goal you are?

Rosey, I knew about the WLS (can't remember where I read it) but it doesn't matter how you lost 101 pounds - it only matters that you ROCK and did it. I know from acquaintances the WLS is not an easy way to lose. Not easy at all.

Mary, a friend said thongs are the most comfy panties out there. I didn't believe her. I believe you.

Gayle, I don't remember how I found 3FC. It had to be a search engine many years ago. I've been here a long time. I do know I hadn't heard about it through print media. I'm solely an internet person for current events.

LOL Freda on adding corn bread to Zoe's yummy meal. I do think that might have defeated her boot camp.

Rie, where are you going on vacation? You and DGS will have a blast together. My fondest memory with my DGS was when we rode Thomas the Train (amtrak) to Eugene and back in one day (5 hours each way). He was 3 years old and still talks about (he's 5 now. It is a memory that has stayed with him. And me. We are both obsessed with trains so we took the trip when I had him to myself for a 4 day weekend.

Karen (and Koala) - I do not think I'd appreciate a darn game console telling me about my age or weight. I think smashing it sounds perfect.

BTW I know several of you are being fried in the heat. You'll be pleased to know, the one that worships scortching hot weather, woke to 44 degrees for the doggie hike this morning. Yesterday's 47 was balmy by comparison. I had to put on my fleece headband to keep my ears warm and gloves. It was just plain wrong. I'm thinking that the heat heaters should take a vacation and visit me. :)

Donna, ROFL at the Samcat needing to be stroked while dining. You are goddess pet owner. I'm pleased we are friends.I'd say he is neither spoiled or you insane. When a person worships their pet, they are normal and usually very fine human beings. And the pets deserve worshipping for the joy and comfort they bring to our lives. BTW, that is a hard choice for Granny/Mom. I think I'd opt for the no surgery but I have a warped idea of death reuniting me with my beloved angel dogs. But on the other hand, to stay longer with the beloved living doggies might be more convincing. As I said, very hard choice.

Marie

maryea 07-21-2011 02:45 PM

Another cool day in the great NW! My dh misses the sun but I told him to remember those who are wishing for some cool. We went to the gym for our yoga stretch class...I love stretching, makes me feel so good! The last several times though I was having some pain in my arch when holding a pose. Found out it was due to the shoes I was wearing, switched shoes today and no more pain. Haven't gotten much done since I got home...just done a few internet surveys while resting. Also got a good deal on some PJs for my gk...waiting for the voucher to go through before I actually purchase them but have them already picked out. A missionary friend of mine is in town and we talked yesterday...it was good to hear from her. It's been more than a year I guess since I last saw her although we do email. Saw her last night at church too but so many people greeting her we didn't get to talk, but we have planned to meet for "coffee" this weekend. She's a really sweet person.

Gayle - Glad you got to talk to your internet friend. It's amazing how well acquainted we can get online, isn't it...I sometimes think it is actually easier to get to know people as no one makes judgements based on what we look like and we tend to share and draw closer than often people do offline even!
I have an internet friend who shares my sweepstaking hobby and she and her partner are also RVers, so one winter we met up at an RV park. We had a great time, having dinner at each other's parks and she also went on a day "trip" to Mexico..we just walk across the border. :) I don't remember how I found this site. It was quite a while ago. For a long time I was not a very consistent poster.

Jess - I know it must be hard for you taking care of our mom, but I hope that if I ever get to that point I'll have a loving dd who will help me. I hope for the best for granny/mom.

Freda - 800-1000 is just what Medi-fast says this diet tends to range. Since I have created my own I range from 800 to 1100 generally however I have had three days recently when I went over that. I hope I don't slow down my metabolism and am hoping that those days I go over will help. They do not help with losing right now though! So far this week, my weigh has been up 2# and today it stayed the same as I did better but not perfect yesterday. Hoping if I can stay on track the rest of this week, I can still manage a loss by Monday, but it's really questionable right now. My weight software was saying to "SLOW DOWN, you're losing too fast!" but doesn't it remember how often I have lost and gained back these same pesky pounds?!!

So far today I'm fine. Breakfast was a low cal yogurt with 2 T cereal in it, my am snack was my mocha frappe with 1/2 c NF milk. Lunch will be a cup of chicken noodle soup. If I can just get better control in the evenings I'll be ok. I did so well last week but not as well in the evenings this week. I do get a little hungry in the evenings but it isn't that bad...it's when I start to overeat that I start wanting to eat everything in sight. Strange, isn't it?

Well, I'd better get to work. Dh went to his routine doctor's appt and don't want him to come back to the same messy house as when he left. ;)

Nancyoyo 07-22-2011 06:47 AM

This is my post from last night, that I couldn’t send because of the maintenance. Things to do, so I’ll try to come back later.

Hey GGs,
Been busy today rearranging my dining room, & things are still pretty much in disarray. Think I woke up with the “gotta move things around bug”. Decided I’d find a way to position my computer so I could see out the window while sitting at it, since I spend so much time here (& I‘m tired of looking at the wall!). But I’m very limited in where I can have it, because there are only certain places in my house where my internet device will get signal. Finally got it where I can see out 2 windows! Looking out one, I can see my driveway & a portion the road in front of the house, & out the other I can see who’s standing at my front door. Yay! Seems to make the area feel a little awkward, but it’s worth it for the view. DSD doesn’t like it (like I care!), but I expected that, because she always hates it when I change things around (if it’s not her idea).

Yay! Rie, 6 pounds deleted! Way to go! You're doing great! Your breakfast sounds good. I think we might have that one day this week, I’m always looking for something different for breakfast. It’s a little cooler inside today, because I’ve had all 3 AC units running since around 11AM. It’s just so hot outside, I tried to get a head start.

Gayle, I like your idea about telling how we found 3FC. Like Rie, I was looking for a recipe (for rainbow angel food cake). Started reading the weight loss support posts & the GGs posts, & lurked around about 4 months before I was brave enough to try posting. I’m so glad I found you all!

Freda, corn bread with Zoe’s veggies? Yum! But, like Marie, I’m pretty sure that would be a “no-no” at boot camp.

KarenMO, you’ve been so busy lately, I can’t figure out how that pound caught up with you?! Don’t worry, I’m sure you & the Wii will have it, & it’s buddies, deleted in no time.

Donna, I’m so glad you found a dr. that you like, & who’s willing to go along with whatever you & your mom decide to do. I hope things go well, whatever you all decide. And, I’m sure that SamCat is all that you mentioned - spoiled, crafty, & entitled. Of course he is. He’s a cat! But, it’s definitely not insane that you do everything you can to make him comfortable & happy! That’s love! And, we all sure do love our fur babies, & want to keep them with us as long as we can!

Marie, I’m definitely not liking our hot weather (high 90’s, with heat index in the 100’s), but I’m not ready to trade for temps in the 40’s. I hate the heat & the cold! I’m not sure you’re living in the right part of the country for a heat worshiper!

Mary, do you weigh every day? My weight usually goes up about a pound a day until the middle of the week, then it usually starts to go back down. What I ate the day before doesn’t seem to make a difference! But, it seems to be staying between 140 - 145 lbs., so I’m good with that. And, I usually eat 1400 - 1500 cal. a day (I think, because I just estimate), so 800 - 1100 cal. sounds pretty low to me. I’m the same way about the more I eat, the more I want to eat! But, I’ve learned to make myself stop & do something else for a little while, & usually the urge goes away.

Gotta go & try to straighten up some of this mess I created, before heading for bed.
NCNancy

glynne 07-22-2011 07:09 AM

Good morning GG's,

What was up with the maintainence here again last night ~ I was going through withdrawals ~ LOL. Glad it is back up this morning.

Up early ~ so I could hit the WW meeting before going on for some tests/proceedures at the hospital. Then errands, haircut and get ready to go back to work tomorrow. Busy day. Maybe we'll get to see Sara's crew today ~ they were headed back home last night ~ and hear of their adventures. Maddie told her mom that grandma and grandpa must be worried about her and miss her so much.

Nancy ~ you said:
Been busy today rearranging my dining room, & things are still pretty much in disarray. Think I woke up with the “gotta move things around bug”. Decided I’d find a way to position my computer so I could see out the window while sitting at it, since I spend so much time here (& I‘m tired of looking at the wall!). But I’m very limited in where I can have it, because there are only certain places in my house where my internet device will get signal. Finally got it where I can see out 2 windows! Looking out one, I can see my driveway & a portion the road in front of the house, & out the other I can see who’s standing at my front door. Yay! Seems to make the area feel a little awkward, but it’s worth it for the view. DSD doesn’t like it (like I care!), but I expected that, because she always hates it when I change things around (if it’s not her idea).

You go girl ~ it's not her house. Fix it how you like it.

I'll catch up with the rest of you later.

Hope you have a nice day.

Take care

ladyinweighting 07-22-2011 07:10 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have been having problems with throat/chest pain. I've had all kinds of heart exams & cardiologist and GP both think it is related to acid reflux - not to heart. I have an endoscopy scheduled early next month.

I am wondering if it could be the celebrex. I have been taking 2 celebrex a day for years. This week, I have cut it out.

Take care everyone - too hot here to do anything!

Lynn

ellabella 07-22-2011 08:59 AM

Morning. Whoa. I can feel that oppressive heat creeping up already. We don't keep AC on in every room - I don't like it where I'm sleeping and would rather rely on ceiling fans and open windows to keep things bearable at night. This could've been a mistake last night, as I have awaken to having to navigate my way through what feels like a thick, nastily warm and sticky soup. I have no choice but to wear my hair up in a messy sort of bun-thingie, with wisps escaping however they may, because I can't stand my hair down on my neck in this heat. Auuurrrgh. On a more pleasant note, I'm not going into my office today as I have one off-site meeting about 45 minutes from home, and I don't anticipate it lasting much more than an hour, maybe an hour and a half. It's at 11:00 - and when I leave that meeting, I don't intend to drive back to my office (and hour or more in the opposite direction) so I'll be starting my weekend a bit early. Yay.
As for your question about the scale, PT....well, as usual, stepping on it is the ultimate masochistic sacrifice for yours truly. I swear it has some sort of vendetta against me. I weighed myself Tuesday morning and had lost four - count 'em, FOUR big pounds! - and was feeling pretty good despite the fact that, as we all know, that's just water gone. So, I didn't want to report it, because I had a feeling it wasn't dependable, and sure enough, I get on the scale this morning, and have GAINED 1.8 pounds! I really, really, REALLY hate that *&^^^%^&*()))___%$#@!!!!!!!! scale, and that's the truth! This is Day 43, and I need to see three pounds a week "deleted" if I'm going to reach my goal! Now, I know the scale is essentially unreliable, and I'm certainly not going to be derailed by this, but this is PRECISELY why I don't weigh myself very frequently! Here I am, ate perfectly this week - never, ever over 1000 calories (thought I'd give myself a jumpstart and then start alternating calories from high to low next week) and look what it gets me! Well, my only consolation is the fact that I KNOW full well that the scale fluctuates like that after all these years of fighting with it, and so I'm not going to let one lost skirmish lose me my war. No, indeedy. I. Can. Do. 43. Days. I. CAN.
Lynn, well, that pain you're having is worrisome. Let's hope it's a medication side-effect and that it will go away once you stop taking it. What is Celebrex for? I assume there are other alternatives? (The nurses here undoubtedly know exactly what you're talking about. Me, not so much.) I just hope you're feeling better soon and I will be thinking of you.
Gayle, that little Maddie is a sweet one, isn't she? Sometimes these grandkids of ours just crawl right into our hearts and take up permanent residence there, don't they?
Ah, yes - about the cornbread, I'm afraid, Freda, as has been pointed out, it's just not allowed in boot camp. I have been staying nicely full, however, despite the limited calories that I've been allowing myself. Last night, it was the Glory brand canned mixed greens that are flavored just SO wonderfully, a nice fresh (and gargantuan) farmstand tomato shared with dh, about 1/3 of a baked sweet potato with that 0-calorie faux butter spray and a half of a chicken breast pounded almost flat, seasoned with salt, pepper, some Adobo, and a little sprinkling of Mrs. Dash's original seasoning - and grilled in my grilling plan on the stove. REALLY yummy, and really filling, as well. So far, so good (except for the scale).
Nancy, I wish I had your motivation to change things around in MY house. I did for the first few years we were here, and now I guess I'm just looking forward to a new place with a lake outside. I'd prefer the ocean, but don't have oceanside money, I'm afraid. I'm okay with where we are, I guess, but haven't lived in anybody's house other than my own for 40 years until coming here. And the fact that it's my daughter's and we get along great doesn't really seem to help when it comes to feeling "at home". Oh, and I know what you mean about those pretty old neighborhoods going downhill and all. This neighborhood has pretty much held it's own over time - people keep their property up. And I DO love all the gnarly old trees and bushes and such, which you don't typically have in a new house. Actually, if my daughter wanted to sell it to us and find something more contemporary for herself, I'd probably buy it from her.
Okay, Marie - I'll maybe go to the mall and do some walking after I finish up my meeting today. My problem with walking in malls, though, is that I tend to want to go into the stores, and that means spending money that I don't really want to spend. I know. Excuses, excuses. I'll do better, I promise.
Mary, you sound SO much like me! Up a pound, down a pound...lah, lah, lah. We should create a song and dance act for ourselves and go on tour. It's nice, though, knowing we're not alone in this experience, though, isn't it?
Rie/Val - when are you leaving on vacation?
Oops...gotta run. BBL.
Z

Koala 07-22-2011 09:14 AM

Hello GGs

TGIF!! What a week that was, and now it's the weekend - YAY!! :carrot:

Gayle - too bad that you had to stay at work for such a long amount of overtime. You must have been exhausted by the time you got home. I'm sure it will get better now that your work will fear the wrath of Zoe and Rie :D I found 3FC last year through another Aussie weightloss forum. However, that forum became a bit quiet, so I went searching for a forum that was a bit more interactive. I joined the 40s subgroup here last year but spent most of the year completely off track. At my birthday earlier this year I slid across the line into GG territory, and mighty glad I am that I found this wonderful group. :)

Lynn - fingers crossed those knee exercises with weights are helpful - about 18 months ago I shredded the meniscus in my knee, and for such a simple op it's been a long road to rehabilitation. I reckon it's still only about 85-90%. Re: "We need to talk about Kevin" - it wasn't so much of a recommendation! It's a very confronting story, it's one of those difficult reads that you keeping thinking about long after you have finished the last page. Sorry to hear you have been suffering throat/chest pain - I hope they find the cause. Good that heart issues have been ruled out, but being a GORD sufferer is no fun either.

Karen3 - hope you are doing OK. Good reminder that you gave the author of the quote - but you were the one who brought it to our attention!

Z - gotta love the old incidental exercise :D especially when it's hot enough to fry eggs on the car bonnet!! You are being very dedicated - I think a short sharp goal is a bit easier to get your head around, rather than the interminable long term mission statement. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday - I was too shattered (yes I'm the one who is shattered - the wii is fine ... for now) to turn on the 'puter. I've had a good eating day too - usual breakfast of Tony Ferguson shake (I know, meal replacement shakes are not ideal, but it's a good breakfast for me - speedy, nutritious, and keeps me going until lunch), salad for lunch, and then two TimTams at a special farewell afternoon tea - dark chocolate is always my downfall :( and now it seems too late for dinner so I'm having a handful of natural almonds and a glass of red wine. Your dinner looks so healthy and yummy - are you sprouting muscles like Popeye?

Freda - "dig our grave with our fork" - so true, and I reckon if I don't take myself in hand I could well be on that slippery slope.

NCNancy - love love love your idea of "deleting" pounds/kilos! Reminds me of Doctor Who and the Daleks "exterminate exterminate ..." :D An online party sounds fun! Rearranging your room to take advantage of the view sounds great. DSD is welcome to her opinion, but she will be out of your hair soon, I think?

Tea Granny - you are a real trooper persevering even when you are on a plateau. That is usually my cue to think that it's all hopeless and I might as well eat what I like. Hang in there chicky, the scales will shift eventually.

Rie - glad you enjoyed my Australianism! I've tried to be very careful about what I write as I don't want to cause an international incident writing something that might cause offence and I don't even know! I hear you on the notion of food as substance addiction - as soon as I'm stressed I head straight for high sugar, high fat. I think holding in your tummy while walking is good for your posture ;) I'm sure you will have a lovely holiday with your DGS and I hope all is working out with your DS and his new job. Good to hear that Sean is OK - I wondered if he was needing to take some time to readjust to day-to-day life after such an extreme experience. Yay to you on your new ticker number - you are now 2/3 of the way to your goal - how amazing is that?? :carrot:

Donna - Granny/Mom is is very brave to consider surgery. I know I get so knocked around by anaesthetic, there's always a bit of a discussion with my doc or dentist if there is any anaesthetic involved in my health care. Your SamCat sounds such a boy and you are treating him in exactly the right way a beautiful boy should be treated! I think boy cats are very needy. My Mungo has a dodgy tummy and is a finicky eater. On many an occasion, I have found myself sitting next to him and hand feeding him his dinner. I consoled myself that I would only start to worry if I started candlelit dinners and soft music ;) My previous boy cat, BoBo, was also a big girl's blouse - he would only eat hand minced carpaccio of beef mixed through with a little Friskies Feast fine cut turkey, heated in the microwave for 6 seconds, and I had to stay with him while he ate it!

Mary - WTG on the exercise :) As well as a difference in exercise machines, I think there is also a difference in my ability and coordination depending on the time of day - I know I'm much more "with it" in the afternoon. I enjoyed your stories about the Foo King Tilapia and about the thong! :devil:

Marie - great to hear you have a workable solution to keeping your doggies in good health and happiness while you have your fabbo rollercoasting 50th b'day! LOL at thinking I'd thrown my wii across the room - I'm keeping that plan in my back pocket :p I will get back to it tomorrow, promise! I'm curious enough about Costco to check it out when it does open here - but I get a bit cranky that they expect you to pay a membership to shop there. It's a bit like my aversion to paying for parking at the shops - we get two hours' free parking and I'm out of there before the two hours are up.

Rosey - sounds like the puppies are keeping you very busy, but I'm sure giving you lots of joy too. Re the gastric bypass op - I've heard you still have to do the hard yards in monitoring what you eat and that it can have a pretty drastic effect if you overstep the limit. Hope you get good sales at your DD's garage sale - a lady I used to work with had a garage sale and people even pulled up the plants in her garden and tried to buy them - incredible!

Karen31 - I heard on tonight's news that the temps in the east of the USA are really extreme. Stay cool! :cool: