Old 03-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here

My name is Jean and I will be 65 in a couple months and need to lose weight. Hoping to find some support and friends to help me along the way. I have tried but just love to eat. Unfortunately I don't like a lot of vegetables, especially the one's that are really good for me. Anyway, hoping everyone has good luck with the journey they are taking. Please friend me if you want. Thanks
geniebear3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Hi Jean and welcome to 3FC! I'm relatively new here also and I'm getting closer and closer to goal, thanks to the magnificent support offered by kind souls on this site. Congratulations on your commitment to losing weight and being the healthiest you can be. My best friend is 65 also. She goes to an exercise class for seniors once/week and she also tends to walk everywhere, instead of drive.

hee hee it's tough when you don't like veggies. But sometimes it's because we haven't tried a particular dish yet. Sautéed Cauliflower and Apples With Pecans on Real Simple website is so yummy. Or roasted veggies in the oven. Can even disguise veggies in nice sugar free sauces. My favorite is a cheese veggie bake on the Simply Delicious website because it comes with a Bechamel sauce to die for. Everyone in my family loves that one. Online has a ton of veggie recipes. Online is the gift that keeps on giving.

I guess the best way to start is find an eating plan that works for you. We are all so unique, with different tastes and lifestyles. For myself, I've found the older I get, the harder it is to take weight off. Low carb healthy fat works for me. I hope to go vegetarian in my retirement. But you might find something completely differenet works for you. Chat with your doctor and search online until you find a plan that works for you. Then you can get started.

For support, there are a lot of good threads in the Support Groups section on 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet. Chicks up for a Challenge always seems to be hopping busy. And there's even support groups for people based on age. Muck about and see which threads speak to you. All the best!!
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Genie! I'm an over 50
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote