3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~March Golden Girls~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/165651-%7Emarch-golden-girls%7E.html)

Bobbolink 02-28-2009 12:44 PM

~March Golden Girls~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...

We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

glynne 03-01-2009 03:02 AM

Hello all,

Just got back from staying with Corbin and Maddie while mommy and daddy went out for the evening. Fun to get to spend time with the kids.

So, thought I'd jump on here and say hello.

It was kind of chilly here yesterday. Supposed to get down in the 30's tonight.

Starting to get sleepy ~ better quit fooling around on here and get to bed.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care

Bobbolink 03-01-2009 09:56 AM

Good Morning........we're on our way to church, then it's "Family go to meetin' day".
Tomorrow I'm going to start counting calories again, I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 pounds, Not as bad as January.
See ya all tomorrow, have a good week=end.

meowee 03-01-2009 12:09 PM

:wave:

So far we have had a little bit of snow but certainly nothing lion-like as yet. :shrug: Just have to wait and see I guess.

ladyinweighting 03-01-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynne (Post 2633842)
Hello all,

Just got back from staying with Corbin and Maddie while mommy and daddy went out for the evening. Fun to get to spend time with the kids.

So, thought I'd jump on here and say hello.

It was kind of chilly here yesterday. Supposed to get down in the 30's tonight.

Starting to get sleepy ~ better quit fooling around on here and get to bed.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care

Hi Gayle, I'm sure you had a wonderful time with your grandbabies. I'm so happy for you. Wish I had some.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbolink (Post 2633994)
Good Morning........we're on our way to church, then it's "Family go to meetin' day".
Tomorrow I'm going to start counting calories again, I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 pounds, Not as bad as January.
See ya all tomorrow, have a good week=end.

Hi Bobbi, The only way I can keep it real is to count calories. That new research report validates that this is what really matters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee (Post 2634231)
:wave:

So far we have had a little bit of snow but certainly nothing lion-like as yet. :shrug: Just have to wait and see I guess.

Hi Linda, I think the lion is on its way to my neck of the woods. We're supposed to get 10-18 inches tonight.

I had a GREAT time with my DF from NC. We saw Slumdog - I did NOT like it. WAY too violent for my taste. My friend told me about "meet-up" and I'm going to try some of the get-togethers.

Have a great day everyone,

Lynn

meowee 03-02-2009 08:30 AM

Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

Must admit that I have no desire to see Slumdog, LYNN -- it just doesn't sound like my kind of movie. I imagine it is an excellent film, but that does not mean that everyone would enjoy it.

Guess our March lion actually did show up yesterday -- things are certainly looking all white and fresh out there this morning. :s: A little too white and fresh for my taste -- wonder what kind of junk will arrive today because they still have the same kind of forecast posted.

Hope you all have a great Monday. :wave:

ladyinweighting 03-02-2009 08:52 AM

That is one BIG Lion!!!!

We're working on 10 inches here in PA. I need to resolve to NOT having a shut-in, TV-watching, food-grazing, snow day!

Lynn

meowee 03-02-2009 08:59 AM

Nothing wrong with the staying in and TV watching -- just no grazing -- think I'll knit socks to keep my hands occupied. Definitely need to string two good OP eating days together for a change. :lol:

Karen3 03-02-2009 11:52 AM

Guess it's still morning....hi all...still sick. Have canceled bridge today and tomorrow. Can do one thing at a time like breath or walk or breath and talk, but can't do both at once. Would you believe I have company????? And don't know when he's leaving. Have more coming in Saturday so JW better be gone long enough for me to change the sheets. Let me tell you it took a 1/2 day getting bed made up for him yesterday. Eating is limited and way below plan, keeping up the fluids and I just can't think Beachy yet.

Looked on weather map at all that snow with more coming. It is cool here and quite windy, but sunny. Just remember Sat night to change your clocks. Spring will come...honest it will.

I've read everyones notes will get back to you all later. Need a nap. Stay warm and cozy inside today......Karen3

Bobbolink 03-02-2009 12:04 PM

Good Morning Girls!
All you in today's snow belt have fun shoveling snow, great exercise!
I weighed my peach this morning, logged it in with my fiber one cereal and yogurt.............what a drag! On another site a gal wrote in about getting rid of belly fat, I can't remember if we ever discussed it here. I'd like your opinion on belly fat. I personally don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I'm at my lowest weight in years, do a least 30 tummy exercises daily (except Sunday) can wear size 6 comfortably and I still have belly fat. When I was dressing for church yesterday I happened to look in the mirror while nude. My tummy sticks out as far as my sagging boobs when standing sideways. I still have to wear a 'tummy flattener' underwear under my panty hose. Do you all have problems with your tummy fat after losing weight? Joan Rivers has some funny jokes about older women's boobs that hang to waistlines, I can't think of them now.
The article below is nothing new to most of us, we all lose weight following different diet plans. The biggest problem with not only me but probably everyone is that we're going to gain it back unless we are constantly on guard. I hate that, but Lynn's article backs it up.
Bruce wants Chicken Pot Pies for supper, I'm going to see if I can find a calorie friendly recipe now that I'm back to counting calories.
Have a great start to March everyone!

Quote:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mhtm...ast_Secret.jpgNew Study Spills the Secret to Weight Loss

A major study published today in the New England Journal of Medicine reveals the real secret to weight loss.

For two years, 811 overweight participants followed one of four reduced-calorie diets-low carb, high carb, low protein or high protein-so researchers could determine the best formula for weight loss. They exercised for 90 minutes a week and tracked their calories online, too. A funny thing happened: All of the participants lost weight! What they ate didn't seem to matter, but healthy habits like portion control and tracking calories helped them drop an average of nine pounds and two inches off their waists.

What does this mean for you? No more food combining, no low-carbing, no giving up your favorite foods, no special "diet" foods or food restrictions--eat whatever you want (within your calorie range) and you can still lose weight. This study supports tracking your food, eat all foods in moderation and develop healthy lifestyle habits, like portion control, that you can live with forever.

retiredone 03-02-2009 05:12 PM

Hello people. That study was on the news the other day. I chuckled to myself because I knew that all along. Anyone who counts calories knows it really works.

We have a grand March day here. Rain, freezing rain, snow, freezing rain again, freezing drizzle, ice pellets, slush. Ha, ha, at least it isn't -30 degrees C. I had a dentist appointment to get crowned early this morning and was a bit concerned about the road conditions but they weren't too bad as it was just raining lightly when I was driving. Supper time the rain changed to freezing rain and I was glad I was home and not on the road.

My friend and I visited another friend at the hospital this afternoon while we were in town. When we went into the room there were 3 beds in the room. We went to our friend and greeted her and then the woman in the bed across from her called out to us. She is from our town and we both knew her also. Then the older woman in the bed across from our friend had a sister that lived in our town and her 2 nieces were there and we knew them. While we were visiting another woman came in to visit the woman across from us and we knew her also. It was getting to be a regular hen party. The poor woman in the bed across from our friend has been in hospital since January 9. She was at her husbands funeral and before the service began she went downstairs in the church and slipped on the stairs. She broke her leg, her arm and her collar bone and another bone near the collar bone. She never got to the funeral, needless to say and now has to go home to an empty house. I taught both of her grandchildren when they were in grade 1 and she was a "regular" at the school picking up the kids and volunteering with the breakfast program. She's hoping to get home in about 2 weeks.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Catch you all later.

meowee 03-02-2009 05:20 PM

Wow . . . for a change we are having the same weather and the same time. :lol: Delightful, eh?

glynne 03-02-2009 06:04 PM

Hello all,

Was cold here this morning too. 28* when I first got up. Brrrrrrrr

I started the water aerobics class this morning ~ I loved it. Probably a good thing I have a scheduled exercise instead of doing it when I get to it kind of plan. Seems like I never get around to it. I stepped on the scale this morning and weight was up like 5 pounds. I don't remember being that bad. Oh well ~ one day at a time.

Getting ready for work. Hope it is a good night.

Take care all

CatHouseLady 03-03-2009 01:07 AM

Hi all,
Temperatures here have plummeted even faster than the local economy ... it was freezing today. Nothing scheduled for tomorrow so am planning to apply for more jobs and then go back to cleaning/packing around the apartment ... oh yes, and go to the gym! :carrot:

dutchgirl 03-03-2009 06:14 AM

Hi all,
At least the weather here has a limited menu. It either drizzles or rains, and the dull grey gloom is an all-day event.
Glynne, I am sorry that you gained the lbs but don't at least remember enjoying whatever brought them on:). It may not even be anything you ate.
I'm at work (lunchbreak), but hope to get some time in on the Wii Fit tonight.
Did 1 1/2 hours in the garden last night as it was dry for once, and there are a few muscles aching that I had forgotten I had, so exercize it is for me!

Bobbolink 03-03-2009 09:53 AM

Good Morning!
This article might be of interest to some of us that have Alzheimers disease in our families. My mom died of it two years ago and my MIL is in the middle stages of Alzheimers.
Our daughter was concerned about getting it from my side of the family but with it coming from her other grandmother, she's really concerned. I told her they'd probably have a cure for it by the time she gets older. (She's 39) I've never heard of a supplement of tumeric, I'll have to look into it today or start eating lots of mustard.

Quote:

Worried about Alzheimers?
Although the contributors to Alzheimer's disease are still being investigated, the regular use of certain supplements may help reduce risks and symptoms. Consider the following:
  1. Take a daily low-dose aspirin. Some studies link the use of aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) with reduced risk of Alzheimer's.
  2. Supplement with vitamins C and E. A recent study at Johns Hopkins University suggested that vitamins C and E taken together might slow the progression of Alzheimer's.
  3. Use a daily multivitamin that provides adequate levels of folic acid and other B vitamins. They help the body process homocysteine, an amino acid formed by the breakdown of animal protein. At elevated levels in the bloodstream, homocysteine has been linked to heart attack and stroke, and more recently with increased risks of Alzheimer's.
  4. Try turmeric, the yellow spice in American mustard and Indian curry. People in India have an unusually low incidence of Alzheimer’s, and epidemiologic studies suggest the regular consumption of turmeric as part of their daily diet may be a strong contributor to their cognitive health.

ladyinweighting 03-03-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchgirl (Post 2637256)
Hi all,
At least the weather here has a limited menu. It either drizzles or rains, and the dull grey gloom is an all-day event.
Glynne, I am sorry that you gained the lbs but don't at least remember enjoying whatever brought them on:). It may not even be anything you ate.
I'm at work (lunchbreak), but hope to get some time in on the Wii Fit tonight.
Did 1 1/2 hours in the garden last night as it was dry for once, and there are a few muscles aching that I had forgotten I had, so exercize it is for me!

Hello, Dutchgirl,

Welcome to Golden Girls.

Lynn

ladyinweighting 03-03-2009 10:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

Nothing special planned for today. Hopefully, I'd do better with my eating than I did yesterday during our mini-snow-storm. For whatever reason (really don't know why), I tend to binge whenever there is a snow-storm.

Lynn

the slim me 03-03-2009 01:44 PM

Hi Everyone,
It's still cold and wet here. And yes, this is the coldest, and longest, winter I can ever remember! Spring, where are you. My sister in Ky. said that the spring flowers are beginning to pop through the ground. Doesn't that sound delightful?

Bobbi, the survey just seconds what all us Calorie Counters always knew. Calories in, calories out! Although you can make healthier choices in the calories you do eat. And, I have one word for tummy fat "spanks".

karen, Feel better. and girl, why didn't you call those people and tell them they needed to come another time?

Gail, It's really rotten not to even remember the things that made you gain weight. But it's usually those little things that slip up on you. A bite here, a french fry off the kids plate.....

Isabella, I see that in the hospital all the time. It's kind of fun, actually. If you have to be sick at least be in a room where you can enjoy the company!

Dutchgirl, I'm thinking it's panting season there? I'm drooling.......

Just have to pass this on. Have any of you tried the "greenbags" that are supposed to keep produce fresher, longer? I am the all time non-beliebver, but I got some in my stocking for Christmas and figured I might as well give them a try. WONDERFUL! I can't believe how long they have kept my lettuce nice and fresh and crisp! And they are reusable.

Make it a good day,
Freda

the slim me 03-03-2009 01:45 PM

Dutchgirl, I ment PLANTING.

meowee 03-03-2009 05:40 PM

:grouphug: and a big :welcome: to Dutchgirl.

We've had nothing but rain, rain, rain today. A lot of the snow has washed away and the local news was just telling me that there is danger of severe flooding in lower areas (luckily, I live on pretty high ground). Supposed to freeze up overnight and that will turn the entire Province into one big skating rink. :yikes:

On the good news side -- I am working on the third OP eating day in a row. :yes:

Bobbolink 03-03-2009 06:21 PM

Freda..........I use the green bags for everything. My bananas keep much longer, I put all my fruit in them, apples, oranges, grapes as well as carrots, cabbage and lettuce. I take my celery out, wash and dry them and put in green bags. I wash the bags and air dry them when the fruits/veggies are gone and re-use them.

Karen3 03-03-2009 07:32 PM

evening all.........still sick. I have coughed me inside out. Wheezing and choking. Company is leaving at 3am! Don't wake me. The other company is out in the Atlantic on a cruise so can't call them. I am sure they will call before they start here from Cape Canveral Saturday and may just go home right up 95.... hoping. Back to bed....Karen3

Freda...they are picking strawberries and tomatoes down here. k

retiredone 03-03-2009 08:31 PM

I've got the green bags but they don't seem to keep my bananas very good. They do keep them yellow longer but they ripen really mushy. But I find them great for everything else. Lettuce in particular keeps so crisp and fresh. I'm sure I've save enough lettuce to pay for the box of green bags. I saw them reviewed on TV and everyone was raving about them and I have to say they are well worth the extra dollars they cost.

I also have belly fat. I actually more belly than bum much to my dismay...sigh...only a knife would solve my problem but spanx will have to do at this time. :D

Karen3, you poor thing, you. DH is in the same condition and DS and his fiance had a stomach flu. I'm the only healthy person in the house. Mom even threw up today (not sure what that's all about as she was hungry after her stomach settled down and kept asking for more food!). We gave mom a gravol and some ginger ale with extra ginger essence added. Now she's out cold zzzzz snoring like a buzz saw.

We took mom shopping today at a large Walmart store an hour away from where we live. DS had a job interview in that town so we went along for the ride and got dropped off at the store. It poured rain most of the day but wasn't too bad going and coming. The temperature was really balmy today at 10 degrees Celsius.

Meowee, we've got the same weather again today. I love to see that rain instead of snow.

I almost have 3 OP days myself except mom wanted a few potato chips when we were out and I fell into temptation. I suppose a few fistfuls of chips won't do me in entirely but I was so not going to eat them but I did.

My FIL will probably not live through the week. The family has decided to take him off life support. My MIL asked me to sing at the funeral so I've been trying to pick out a song for that. DIL phoned today and said the doctor will induce labor next week if Baby Boo has not arrived. He/she is in position and ready to come. So we could be in the middle of a funeral and a birth on the same day or close to it. What a dilemma! I guess it will be the funeral and then a more than happy visit to DS's place to see our newest addition. I also have to make a cherry pound cake tomorrow so I can have it to give my sister for her birthday when we take mom to her place when the baby is born.

OK, I've gushed on long enough but I've got lots going on and I needed give vent to some of the pressure building up. I'm OK, really I am. :) Catch you all later with the ungoing saga.

way2fluffy 03-03-2009 10:55 PM

I'll Fly Away
nice gospel song

Hope you feel better soon Karen.

green bags? really? I thought they were just a scam. Will have to try them.

Welcome Dutch girl.

Waving to everybody.....I'm off the bed.

CatHouseLady 03-04-2009 01:04 AM

:welcome2: Dutchgirl!

Bobbi, that's interesting about the turmeric ... I've got a small bottle of it but can't remember why I bought it nor what it's good for ...

Yesterday (Tuesday) wasn't very profitable ... I'd decided to spend the day job-hunting (online), but got stuck trying to send an application that kept pulling up an 'error' message. Turned out, of all things, that I had cut and pasted the e-mail address ... and in its original setting it was the end of a sentence and had a period after it ... and I had included the period repeatedly -- and never noticed it! :o

Managed to get to my one book club meeting last night and only had a coffee (it's at a Big Bookstore that has a Starbucks in it).

Tomorrow I have some volunteer work to do in the morning but will make sure I get to the gym AND send out more applications ... including one or two more for positions at the place whose address I kept messing up!

Weather was brutally cold Monday but has warmed up and is supposed to continue to do so, by a degree or two each day, for the rest of the week.

Hope everybody is having a good week!

meowee 03-04-2009 09:12 AM

Think I'll try some green bags too . . . like you FLUFFY, I figured it was a scam.

Looks like we are having somewhat different weather today, ISABELLA. You are going to be considerably warmer than us. At least we have a bit of sporadic sunshine.

Nothing else is exciting for me . . . hope everybody else has a great day . . . :wave:

Bobbolink 03-04-2009 09:43 AM

Good Morning, I'll be back later to comment and chat! We have to run into town, errands, grocery store and meeting.
Quote:

Life Is Too Short,
Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly,
Kiss Slowly, Love Truly,
Laugh Uncontrollably,
And Never Regret Anything
That Made You Smile.
Life May Not Be The Party
We Hoped For,
But While We're Here, We Should Dance...

ladyinweighting 03-04-2009 10:11 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

No special plans. Just doing a bunch of not-necessarily-pleasant-but-necessary tasks.

Ever have one of those days when NOTHING goes right? Every task I've called about has proven to be DIFFICULT! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

retiredone 03-04-2009 02:05 PM

I've just eaten a huge amount of pound cake. I made one for my sister's birthday and there was too much batter for the pan so I made a smaller cake too. Well, half of the small one is gone. What is wrong with me? Now, I have to get on my bike and ride half way around the world to get rid of that cake. And no more food today. Not a bite, not a bit, not even a sniff.

Everything is frozen today but not real cold. The ground isn't frozen hard under the snow so it will melt quicker once warmer weather comes. After yesterday's rain there was a channel carved out of the ice in the driveway where the water had run down to the street but it was partially frozen when I went out a short time ago. I was walking over the frozen part and the ice broke and my foot got wedged between the two sides of the channel. Did that ever hurt the side of my foot. But I did notice how mushy the ground was under the ice.

Have a good day and don't go near cake.

ladyinweighting 03-04-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredone (Post 2639844)
I've just eaten a huge amount of pound cake. I made one for my sister's birthday and there was too much batter for the pan so I made a smaller cake too. Well, half of the small one is gone. What is wrong with me? Now, I have to get on my bike and ride half way around the world to get rid of that cake. And no more food today. Not a bite, not a bit, not even a sniff.

Everything is frozen today but not real cold. The ground isn't frozen hard under the snow so it will melt quicker once warmer weather comes. After yesterday's rain there was a channel carved out of the ice in the driveway where the water had run down to the street but it was partially frozen when I went out a short time ago. I was walking over the frozen part and the ice broke and my foot got wedged between the two sides of the channel. Did that ever hurt the side of my foot. But I did notice how mushy the ground was under the ice.

Have a good day and don't go near cake.

Hi Isabella,

Here's my suggestion. Eat a LOT of salad WITH oil and vinegar and drink a LOT of water. This will help you get rid of that cake.

Lynn

ladyinweighting 03-04-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbolink (Post 2637487)
Good Morning!
This article might be of interest to some of us that have Alzheimers disease in our families. My mom died of it two years ago and my MIL is in the middle stages of Alzheimers.
Our daughter was concerned about getting it from my side of the family but with it coming from her other grandmother, she's really concerned. I told her they'd probably have a cure for it by the time she gets older. (She's 39) I've never heard of a supplement of tumeric, I'll have to look into it today or start eating lots of mustard.

[/LIST]

Hi Bobbi,

I have a neighbor with alzheimers who has recently been institutionalized. I've been to see her twice. It's a VERY difficult visit. Basically, I can either suffer through the visit, or feel guilty for not visiting.

Biggest problem for me is the reminders of the times my DH was in a nursing home & how much he hated it.

Lynn

ladyinweighting 03-05-2009 11:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

I had my stress test today. Doctor was VERY happy. Says my heart is working better than it was when I was 40.

Hoping to get together with my friend today.

Check back later,

Lynn

Bobbolink 03-05-2009 12:01 PM

Good Morning!
We have a new bakery in town that is run by an older couple from Guatemala. They also serve 3 or 4 lunches, we've tried them all but yesterday's Taco El Pastor was so good that I can't stop thinking about it. I've spent soooooooooo much time on my computer this morning looking for a similar recipe. Any of you know of one?

retiredone 03-05-2009 02:41 PM

Thanks for the advice Lynn. I have a huge Romaine lettuce in the frig that I should break out. It's been in a green bag for over a week and it's just as fresh as the day I bought it. DH actually bought it and I had 2 more on the go so the green bag is a real saver.

Bobbi, did you find the recipe. Maybe the couple who run the bakery would give you the recipe or at least some hints as to what they do with the ingredients.

I'm busy today making wedding shower favors. I don't know how many I'll need but I'm on #46 and I'm going to make at least 60. I've made one of those towel cakes and wanted something to complement it to give as favors. I found a site that was selling washcloth "cupcakes" and I adapted the idea for the wedding favor. Basically, I folded the washcloth into a long strip corner to corner and then rolled as tightly as I could and used a straight pin to keep it together. It looks like a cinnamon roll. I have 6 different colored face cloths so they look nice. Each "cupcake" goes in a cupcake paper and will be topped with a red cinnamon heart. Then I'll print a little note thanking everyone for the lovely gifts and DS's fiance will pass them out to the guests. At least I can't eat these cakes, ha, ha. :D

the slim me 03-06-2009 07:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

It is getting a little warmer here. I actually walked to the mail box yesterday, about 2 blocks. I wouldn't have been able to do that last week. So, maybe spring is comming.

Lynn, congratulations on the test!! Just goes to show that diet and exercise can make a huge difference!

Bobbi, I deal with a lot of Alzheimers patients at the hospital. Terrible disease. The sad thing is, they know they are losing their memory and know the results. Horrible thing, to lose yourself. And right now, not a lot can be done. There are a couple of drugs but not terribly effective. But any help is better than none. Hopefully, they will find something soon. My mom has dementia. Different, but same results. her's is not genetic, but secondary to a medical condition. We see her getting more forgetful, fearful, and more argumentative while she tries to keep her independance.

Isabella, how is the foot? And stay away from the cake, girl! Your idea for the "cupcakes" sound cute. Now, those you can have as many of as you want. ha!

Karen, I hope you are feeling better.

Freda

ladyinweighting 03-06-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the slim me (Post 2642678)
Hi Everyone,

Bobbi, I deal with a lot of Alzheimers patients at the hospital. Terrible disease. The sad thing is, they know they are losing their memory and know the results. Horrible thing, to lose yourself. And right now, not a lot can be done. There are a couple of drugs but not terribly effective. But any help is better than none. Hopefully, they will find something soon. My mom has dementia. Different, but same results. her's is not genetic, but secondary to a medical condition. We see her getting more forgetful, fearful, and more argumentative while she tries to keep her independance.

Freda

Hi Freda,

I have wondered about the difference between Alzheimers and dementia. So, is it that Alzheimers is genetic and dementia is not?

Hopefully, none of us will suffer from either.

Lynn

ladyinweighting 03-06-2009 10:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

This week was my DD & SIL's anniversary. Tonight I'm taking them to a local Italian restaurant for dinner. I'm determined to NOT gain back that !@##$$%^^& pound that I keep losing and gaining. Plan to eat salad, fish, and vegetables.

Have a good day everyone,

Lynn

Bobbolink 03-06-2009 10:15 AM

Good Morning!
I'm having a lazy day, laundry is finished and we'll have left-over chicken barley soup. We get soooooooooo much mileage out of a whole chicken. We have roasted chicken the first night, more the second night and I make soup out of the balance that we eat for two more nights. The whole chickens were on sale for .69 cents a pound. That's like 4 meals for under $3.00. I use our own frozen garden veggies like tomatoes, zucchinni and garlic. I make the broth out of the cooked chicken bones. I saw an old friend in the grocery store the other day and we were talking about the high price of groceries. I told her I make my own laundry soap and she said I was a very crafty person. I laughed and said no, I'm just a tight-wad cheap skate. Growing up in a large family in the 40's will do that to a person.
Lets all do a remember when:
I remember having one color book for all 5 of us kids. We only got to color when we were terribily bored or it rained. We got to choose what page we wanted, then mom would tear out that sheet and that was all we got.
Isabella...Yes, I googled it and found many authenic recipes. It's going to be interesting to make it. We have to go to the Mexican store to find guajillo chili, ancho chilies, chipotle chili in adobo sauce,achiote paste, tomatillo, etc. The recipe calls for cilantro which is didn't like when we first started eating it at restaurants. (It taste like soap) Bruce and I decided that it has to grow on you. We actually enjoyed it at the Guatemalan restaurant when we ordered the Taco Al Pastor.
Freda...When mom was diagnosed with it she said she didn't want to hear the word 'Alzheimers'. We noticed about a year before she went on meds for it that she got real quiet and never added anything to our conversations.
Quote:

The sad thing is, they know they are losing their memory and know the results. Horrible thing, to lose yourself.
Lynn...congrats on the great test, 40 huh? You're doing something right.
Cathouse.... nice name! You want to explain the meaning of your user name? :lol: The tumeric you have in your spice rack is not strong enough to benefit you, I checked online and it comes in capsule form. Before I order it I'll have to check with my doc to make sure it won't interfer with my high cholesterol meds.
Karen3...hope your cold is gone and you're back to your good humored self.:hug:
Hi Fluffy and Linda, you all have a great day.

ladyinweighting 03-06-2009 01:56 PM

I remember coloring rocks and shells, swapping trading cards with my friend (she always wanted the ones with the flower pictures & I always wanted the ones with the horses), and spending hours with our paper dolls - putting them to bed in shoeboxes with tissue "sheets" over them.