Old 09-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Not Your Daughter's Jeans?

Anyone tried these and if so, do you like them? I tried a pair on the other day and was amazed...size 12 was TOO LARGE!!! Usually I can only wear size 12 if they are lower rise and have some stretch in them. I have narrow hips and slender legs but am very large around the middle. I didn't have much time so didn't try on a 10 but it sure made me feel good and I am considering buying some. I can't afford them in the store though so will shop the store for the best size and style for me and then try to buy on ebay. My dd said you can buy them at Costco.com too but I couldn't find them today.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Anyone tried these and if so, do you like them? I tried a pair on the other day and was amazed...size 12 was TOO LARGE!!! Usually I can only wear size 12 if they are lower rise and have some stretch in them. I have narrow hips and slender legs but am very large around the middle. I didn't have much time so didn't try on a 10 but it sure made me feel good and I am considering buying some. I can't afford them in the store though so will shop the store for the best size and style for me and then try to buy on ebay. My dd said you can buy them at Costco.com too but I couldn't find them today.
Would be fun to try on. But I fear if they fit a more apple shape they won't fit a pear. Maybe I'll find them somewhere to test. They look too high rise to me (and I don't like them super low either), but I can never tell from models.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'5"

I haven't tried them on yet, but at our store they sell for $85.00. I'm more pear than apple, so usually the waist is gapping and the hips/legs are tight. If you try on a pair, please advise. I'm a 10-12; wouldn't an 8 make a gal feel fantastic?! Twenty pounds to go. How to jump-start?!
Rin Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I bought a pair at Nordstrom's. The rise is really high, but they do make my waist, butt and hips look terrific! (kind of like black denim spanks <smile>)
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora123a View Post
I bought a pair at Nordstrom's. The rise is really high, but they do make my waist, butt and hips look terrific! (kind of like black denim spanks <smile>)
Sounds good to me! Woo-hoo!!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I have 2 pair (size 6 thank you very much South Beach) and just adore them. I even got them on sale. I have a long pair and a capri pair and love the fit. I was thrilled to find them after hearing about them from a friend. I was having fits trying to find jeans that were not hip huggers and these are wonderful. Need to go get some new ones for the fall.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-13-2008 at 06:34 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #7  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Height: 5'6"

I have never heard of these, but I am going to have to check them out. Sounds wonderful!

I want to be a size 6 too!

junebug07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/148/135

What about the rise? I'm worried they will look like "mommy jeans".

Now that I'm nearly at my goal I've been wearing more stylish lower rise jeans and feeling pretty good about them. I know high waisted jeans are "cutting edge" according to the latest fashion magazines but are these Not My Daughters high enough not to look frumpy?

Just because I'm 50 doesn't mean I want to look like it!
deanna125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

I've been hearing about these jeans for awhile too. I'm a Levi's gal, but i'm willing to try anything that will make me look like i'm wearing spans (which I loooove)

I'm concerned about the waist too. I don't want "mommy" jeans, don't want them cut down the "there" either. So, you that have tried them on, where does the waist hit you?
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:15 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna125 View Post
What about the rise? I'm worried they will look like "mommy jeans".

Now that I'm nearly at my goal I've been wearing more stylish lower rise jeans and feeling pretty good about them. I know high waisted jeans are "cutting edge" according to the latest fashion magazines but are these Not My Daughters high enough not to look frumpy?

Just because I'm 50 doesn't mean I want to look like it!

They are higher rise than most of us are probably used to these days. At least the ones I tried on were. I've been wearing the lower rise myself and I'm in my 60s but with my big middle they really don't look that good on me. I liked them (the lower rise) because at least I could get them around me (since my fat is mostly around my midriff) and they fit my legs (which are slender) nicely. But I'm realizing that even with a big or long top my middle looks pretty bad hanging over that low rise and think I'm ready for something higher. Of course at my age, I guess I may have to settle for looking like a mother.

Last edited by maryea; 10-27-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

These look great and fashionable. (I'm a bit of a clotheshorse and want to look in style.) They do stretch though, so buy them as tight as possible.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/148/135

I had to report that I recently bought a pair of the pin striped trouser jeans from NYDJ.

Nice in the store but not spectacular. The magic panels in the front are really just the pockets reinforced and sewn into the zipper seams. In the store with overhead lights these criss cross panels were slightly outlined and visible but not in daylight or at work/home. The rise is a little higher than I'm used to but not bad.

Can't find anything in them that "lifts" or otherwise does anything to my butt. There are no panels or bands or even obvious tailoring. In fact, my butt looks just like it does in all my jeans that fit. These fit but not tightly. I tried the next size smaller and the tummy panels really pulled and showed through the front of the pants even in daylight and they were uncomfortable. the salesperson agreed these were the right size. But again, no butt magic.

I don't wear a size smaller (and what is that about anyway? Does it just mean they make all their sizes larger but number them smaller?). And I don't look like I am a size smaller.

Most disappointing about them is the length. I bought them while on vacation so i can't return them. I asked if they would shrink and was told "no" because of the spandex or whatever that's in them. But the first time I washed them they shrank about an inch in length and since I bought them to wear to work with my only high, dressy and, most importantly, comfortable shoes, I found I now couldn't wear them. So off to the tailor to have them lengthened (nice long hems! that's good) and now I'm left with a line where they were let out. I'm only 5'6" so I don't think I'm out of line expecting them to be long enough.

Very annoying for the most expensive jeans I have ever bought. I paid almost 200.00 for them and I could have bought lots of cheaper jeans designed with tummy support or for curvy women and been much happier.

Live and learn. Hope all of you who have bought them are happier.
deanna125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Wow, I never even noticed that they were $200.

I would call and complain about the shrinkage. You never know what they might do, and they need to know if their salespeople are misleading customers.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 11-27-2008 at 10:52 AM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #14  

Yes, I would definitely complain about the shrinkage! With price of these jeans they should not shrink that much! I'm glad to hear of all your experiences. I have not yet purchased a pair as I cannot afford them. I would like to try them some day but will definitely keep my receipt until after they are washed just in case!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Red face Jeans

Would really love to get a pair of good jeans at least most of you guys are wearing low rise. Not me. Too much fat in the middle. Can't get comfortable in any of my clothes because they are all either too tight or too frumpy baggy looking which just makes you look bigger than you are. Half the time I look like I'm pregnant!!!!!!
Will check out the jeans always was a jeans girl but now that I live in Florida its mostly shorts. With 1/2 elastic in the waist.... UGH!!!
oceanlover is offline   Reply With Quote