Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Jude, Jay, and Meowee I"m so sorry you have to work this weekend.

I have the long weekend off and am really looking forward to the rest and relaxation.

I've been working on the preparation for tomorrow's big Thanksgiving dinner. I have a 23 lb. turkey to stuff and cook. Believe it or not my son is doing most of the sides. I did something right raising him. My dauther-in-law sure appreciates his cooking skills. I'm bringing the cooked turkey and a couple sides to their house for a good size group.

Wish me luck for staying OP tomorrow. I'm going to enjoy, but no overeating.

Talk to everyone soon.

Laurie-I hope you have a great trip.

Last edited by flowingair; 11-26-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:43 AM   #107  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey folks! Happy U.S. T-Day! Contrary to what the media are saying, it is a joyful occasion. I hope you all have a good time with your friends and families, or even just with yourselves.

We are going out for dinner later today. Should be yummy!

My first task this morning was having to call tech support to get my *&^$#*Q^% internet connection working. I hate it when suddenly nothing is there... Tech said the connection needed to be "refreshed"--which means, they have no idea why it wasn't working, but now it is.

Now I have a fire going in the fireplace, and I'm going to enjoy it.

meowee, Just Say No (and never yes). I hope they are paying you plenty for this extra work.

Jude, Lori, Freda,

We'll catch CD when she gets back...

And all of you lurkers--enjoy!

Jay
Old 11-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #108  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thanksgiving . . .

Since I don't have to worry about a big turkey dinner today, I'm going to practice that NO word, JAY.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #109  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...
Hope you all have something to be thankful for. Good thing to stop for a moment and contemplate.

Not much new here. I found a ladies travel group in my area. They actually have a web site. Ladies on the go.ca They have a trip to Egypt planned for the spring and in October have a trip to Kenya planned. I was thinking that I would make that a weight loss reward.

Get below say 175 and I am off to see the elephants. What a trip that would be. Nice to find something like that. Will certainly go to their next meeting. The lady in charge called this morning and she said they were off to Portland for 3 days of shopping. Said there was still room if I could pack tonight. Told her I had to work but she said I could use her cell phone to call in sick. Too funny.
Sounds like a fun group. Funny how these things show up just when you need them.
I am still at work. Hate to admit it but once again the company had cake for us to celebrate something or other. I did well until they were down to 2 pieces left. Went to fill up my water and thought just a small piece. So that will not get me to Kenya any faster. Next time I will get my water filled first. They inhaled those 2 cakes in 2 hours. And I am talking big slab cakes.

Might be a good way to keep me focused. Worked when I quit smoking years ago.
So good nite to you all hope you enjoyed your holiday.....Jude
Old 11-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #110  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hi folks,

Just a quick one as I'm off to the gym.

T-Day was good. The meal wasn't the most fabulous I've ever had, but quite adequate. I was happy with all of it--my only thing to remember for next year is the pumpkin pie is not worth the calories. Over 300 cals. in a slice, and how good is it, really? I'm not that crazy about it. It came with the dinner, and I missed two opportunities to say "No thank you" plus I didn't stop eating it once I did get it.

You know, for 300 calories I ought to swoon over food! And I just didn't. OH WELL.

The rest of the meal and the day was OK. And I enjoyed being with our friends.

See ya after the gym!

Jay
Old 11-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #111  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I'm baaaack... and I have to do some bragging.

I did the VO2max test on the fancy treadmill at the fitness center, and I came up with 35.3, which the readout said was "superior." (VO2max is a measure of how well you use oxygen during incremental exertion--i.e., the level of exertion increases as the test goes on. The treadmill measures this indirectly based on heart rate, so it's only an estimate....)

Anyway, when I looked this value up on line, I found out that 35.3 for someone my age would be a good value for an average woman in her 20s.

So I think my weight loss and my commitment to exercise has paid off!

Maybe I need to increase my workouts in some way... hmmm.

Jay
Old 11-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #112  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Fantastic Jay!!
That is not a machine I have seen at my gym but would like to give it a try. I did make it to the gym once this week but can not seem to get past the one.
Time for me to get moving. Good for you for getting your workout done.

Not much new here. No cake or the like at work today. Jeez thanks for the break.
Ciao....Jude
Old 11-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #113  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi there . . .

I am officially finished with the 'job' and very glad of it although I'm pretty sick and tired of even looking at the computer right now. The only comment on my "I don't want to do this any more" was a little wimper and a slightly panic-stricken smile.

The snow is all gone again -- temperatures are well above normal and it is mostly sunny today for a change.

See you later . . .
Old 11-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hey Jude, that travel group sounds wonderful. Egypt what a great destination.

Jay Super on your readings. You are inspirational.

I'm trying to get serious about weight loss-enough of these interruptions to my journey.

Meowee- Good luck with that practicing NO. I need to practice that too!

Hi to everyone else. See you soon.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #115  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

meowee! Free at last! I hope... Seems wrong somehow. Surely they can find someone else to do this work. Or do you need the money? That would be different, of course.

Hey flowingair!

Went to the gym today... did a little more than I'm used to doing. It occurs to me from time to time that I'm still exercising about the same way I did when I was first starting to lose. Of course, I've gotten much better at it than I was then. But I really could put in more effort. And I think I'm going to have to do that if I want to drop more weight. Everything is too much "in balance" right now.

Hey Jude, here's a challenge for you: Go to the gym two days in a row and see what happens?

My sister went to Egypt a few years ago. She enjoyed it a great deal--saw the Great Pyramid, all that. I think that's pretty brave, actually. I'm kind of afraid to travel in the Middle East, as an American.

More work tomorrow...

Jay
Old 11-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #116  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Come on over to the new thread! I decided this was a good stopping point for this one.

Jay
Closed Thread