Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

Default At a Loss, but no Weight Lost....

I think I have tried four "new" diests this year and still the same weight.

I don't think I'm getting anywhere, or any smarter, either!

I thought about going back to WW, but I don't have the time to figure out what to eat all of the time.

I did SBD for 18 months and went up and down the same 16 pounds.

And MRC was good for awhile, I lost 22 pounds, but I ran out of money.

So I tried MediFast, boy is that easy! But I got tired of shakes just about the time RL interferred: I can't seem to eat my shakes and puddings while everyone else is having barbque and corn-on-the-cob!

Maybe WW Core is the answer, but I didn't quite get it the first time I checked it out.

Maybe I'm hopeless?
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #2  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi keikoasmom. Welcome to 3FC. You've perched in the right place, I can assure you. I hear the frustration coming through your post. Check out "Diet Central" on the main forum page. There you'll find all kinds of diets and plans and hundreds of people to help you with any questions you may have. If you're going with WW, there's a special thread for that, too.

And, no, you're not hopeless. Now that you're a chickie you'll have lots of support. Just roam around the site and find a few comfortable places you'd like to post all the time and do just that. Just coming here everyday will help to keep you accountable. All the best in your journey.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

You know, I think you have to develop something that works for you -- perhaps by taking certain elements of the various plans you've tried and modifying them a bit.

The bottom line is (IMHO) that you have to find something that you can do pretty much forever -- a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Good Luck . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Find a plan that you will follow. It is ok to experiment until you find what works best for you. I tried many diets, too and found that calorie counting works best for me. It is reliable. effective and free. I do have to be aware of what I am going to eat and plan all meals ahead, it doesn't take long and is much easier than having to go back to wearing extra large clothing.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

The trick, like Meowee said, is finding something you can live with. Because if you look at it as a diet, it's going to fail in the long run. Yeah, you might lose the weight, then you will want to go back to eating the way you were, and you will regain it all and then some.

I count calories. But I also try to eat healthy. That alone makes a big difference. With calorie counting you can eat anything you like, just stay within your alloted calories. But if you're eating junk you won't be healthy. I choose both.

And you didn't mention exercise. I think it's almost impossible to lose weight and keep it off without exercise. And besides, when you lose it, you want to look toned not flabby!!

So, make a plan. To fail to plan is to plan to fail. Make menu's for a week or if that is too much, a few days in advance. Having the right food in the house makes a difference. And you don't have to constantly think about what you're going to eat. It's down there on paper!

Good luck. I know you can do this. Look around, join a group for support!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean about trying different diets. I am just as frustrated. In the past two months I think I have tried three, I am now counting calories and even though I am keeping them about 1500-1700 per day I have not lost an ounce!

I don't know where to got next and would love suggestions
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8

I I stay under 1000 always, this might not be right for you but the only thing thats really helps me.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Weight loss is actually very scientific. If you burn 3,500 calories more than you eat, you will lose 1 pound. Therefore, if you are eating 1,600 calories and NOT losing or gaining weight, you need to eat fewer than 1,600 calories and/or increase your exercise in order to lose weight.

Add to the calorie issue the type of foods you are eating. Many of us have found that decreasing our high-carb/low-fiber foods helps us with our appetites. This means cutting back on white potatoes/pasta/rice/bread and getting rid of sugar.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm in agreement with those saying that you just keep trying until you find what works for you. I'm another calorie counter that changed the balance of what I was eating as well as the amount. I ate way too many carbs and not enough protein or fat. It was HARD to add more fat to my diet (too many low-fat nags going in my brain), but eating more whole foods, MUFAs (healthy fats), and protein really did the trick for me.
That being said, exercise is a very important component to my weight loss as well. I have found that I have to combine OP eating with exercise to get the scale to move.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #10  
Success with TNL

Hi Keikiasmom,
I, too, have tried diet after diet only to lose ooomph after getting tired of trying to eat only certain foods, count my calories, take the pills, drink the shakes, and so on and so on. I finally found one that is working great for me, and basically it's effortless. I purchased TNL self hypnosis DVD/CD's, starting listening and I now have control over food instead of the other way around. I always knew the overeating was in my head and that I needed to 'fix' that before I could lose the weight. Well, I've found the answer and I can't say enough great things about it. I've noticed there are quite a few here that don't see hypnosis as an actual way to lose the weight, but that's okay. We all have to do what is right for us. Though I did want to let you see that there was another option out there. Good luck with what ever you decide on trying for yourself, like they've said, there are many places here to find some ideas.
SisuInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisuInWI View Post
Hi Keikiasmom,
I, too, have tried diet after diet only to lose ooomph after getting tired of trying to eat only certain foods, count my calories, take the pills, drink the shakes, and so on and so on. I finally found one that is working great for me, and basically it's effortless. I purchased TNL self hypnosis DVD/CD's, starting listening and I now have control over food instead of the other way around. I always knew the overeating was in my head and that I needed to 'fix' that before I could lose the weight. Well, I've found the answer and I can't say enough great things about it. I've noticed there are quite a few here that don't see hypnosis as an actual way to lose the weight, but that's okay. We all have to do what is right for us. Though I did want to let you see that there was another option out there. Good luck with what ever you decide on trying for yourself, like they've said, there are many places here to find some ideas.
What kind of cute little animal is dancing on your message? Is that a cow or a panda or a skunk?
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #12  
Success with TNL

Hi Ladyinweighting,
It's a badger. They're the state animal of Wisconsin and it's the Wisconsin Badgers for our football, hockey, basketball, etc. Thanks for asking, I thought he was kinda cute, too.
SisuInWI is offline   Reply With Quote