Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #1  
it is what it is

S/C/G: 167/167/130

Height: 5'4"

Default 51 and....

need a place to go to for insight and support. Right now keeping the determination to forge ahead and obtain my weight loss goal of 30lbs is very hard. I am hoping I can keep that determination by posting on this site while at the same time getting to know everyone already here.

Thank you

Lachae49
lachae49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . . . . . glad to have you joining us. Hope you will come and join the chat is one or more of our regular monthly groups -- Golden Girls, Getting Lighter, and Active Folks -- each is a little different -- but all are friendly.

See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #3  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Welcome... this site is great... I sign in every time I want to eat something 'bad'... so I'm in here a lot... LOL seriously... I love the support and inspiration here. Good luck to you.....
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:33 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello from a fellow Michigander! This is a GREAT place to hang. Pick a chat thread (Meowee listed them) and post your daily results on the accountability thread.
You will love the folk here - I couldn't do this without them
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:59 AM   #5  

Default gained weight while I was sick

I already posted this somewhere else but I'm looking for answers. I have been sick for 6 days and hardly eating anything. My appetite was way down. So on the 6th. day I thought this would be a good time to weigh myself. I had gained 5 lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone have any idea how this could happen? I baffled. Baffled I tell ya!
TryItDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

TryItDiet, you've been sick, and probably not drinking enough water. Just get back on track as soon as you can--most of that is likely water weight.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #7  

Thumbs up Back at it

I had gained 5 lbs. while I was sick and not eating very much at all. Nothing smelled or looked good and still I was 5 lbs. heavier. Well, I'm back at it going to the gym, drinking lots of water, etc. and 2 1/2 lbs. are gone Yes

Hot, hot in Tucson. It was 111 degrees yesterday (Saturday). Lots of sun screen and hats are the dress of the day...and water the drink of the day.

My goal is to lose 30 lbs. minimum. I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #8  
weight watching

TryItDiet, I've had similar situations where I've gained with no real reason -- and I've also lost weight after two days or so of being off program. At my very first Weight Watchers meeting, years and years ago, we were told not to weigh (except at weekly weigh in, of course) but to focus on following the program. I wish I'd listened to her I think she's right. I like your resolve -- good luck!

Welcome, lachee51! As others have said, this is a terrific site and you'll find a lot of support here.
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #9  
Izabelle

Default 30 pounds

Hi,
We are at the same weight and weight loss goals ! Perhaps we can keep each other going ! I know I need all the help I can get. One thing I did find is that each little 1/4th of a pound adds up and eventually if we can stick with it.......adds up to 30 pounds !!! Izabelle
Izabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

HI, Welcome. Look around and find a group (or 2) that you are comfortable with and visit often. I am at goal weight now. They helped me get there and they are helping me stay there. It really helps to have the support.

Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #11  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi IZABELLE . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #12  

Default Bound and determined

Bloomer,

Thanks for your kind words. I know I look at the scales too often, then I'm disappointed when they don't show the numbers I want to see.

I'll be out of town for a week so I'll need to hang tough and watch what I eat. I'll be busy volunteering at the Olympic Track & Field time trials in Eugene so maybe I won't have too much time to over eat. Being around all those athletes should be an inspiration.

More later...
Old 07-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #13  

looking for support...was on this site..back in 2002...now here 6 years later,,,,,,,,,here I am again,,,,,,,,looking for daily buddies I can check in with and give support.........hello anyone out there...connie
cj55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey connie! 3FC has lots of daily check-in type threads going, in almost every forum! I'm sure you'll find the support you need--and for specific questions, try Weight Loss Support, Exercise, or one of the program forums (Weight Watchers, South Beach, etc.)

Cheers!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote