Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #1  
LeslieMG

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Post Need to lose 40 lbs and to be motivated

Hello,

I am new here. I weigh 180 (all in the bottom part), flabby and need to get tips on losing weight over the next 6 months.

I've been walking around outddoors when weather permits around my building complex, doing some bendovers / twisting while watching music videos.

Any other ideas?

Leslie
LeslieMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi LESLIE . . . to the group and too.

You are off to a great start on the long bumpy trip to better health and fitness just by having found your way to this site. Hope you will love it around here just as much as the rest of us do.

You are also off to a good start by trying to get moving more -- a very important part of any weight loss regimen. Even more important, of course, is what you are eating and how much. Give us a sample of your food plan and hopefully we can offer some more advice.

Have a great evening . . . hope to see you again really soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Leslie - WELCOME!
Meowee is right. Most of my success I attribute to my calorie counting.
That being said, I live in Northern Michigan and can't exercise outdoors much at all in the winter. I like to mix up my exercise by using resistance bands, WATP DVDs, aerobic dance DVDs, yoga DVDs and weight training. I am thinking of adding a stability ball to my collection as well. If you haven't tried many DVD workouts, I recommend watching a few routines on FitTV or ExerciseTV (online) to find types, styles, and leaders that you enjoy

I really love my WATP videos
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieMG View Post
Hello,

I am new here. I weigh 180 (all in the bottom part), flabby and need to get tips on losing weight over the next 6 months.

I've been walking around outddoors when weather permits around my building complex, doing some bendovers / twisting while watching music videos.

Any other ideas?

Leslie
Hi Leslie,

Welcome to our 50+ area.

I generally post on the Golden Girls thread. Please feel free to join us there.

I have a question - why the next 6 months? It's been my experience that we can control our behaviors, but, we can't control the results. Goals that focus on what or how much we'll eat and exercise are within our control. Goals that focus on how much we'll lose in a particular time period are not within our control.

Just one more idea - the behavior changes need to be for the rest of our lives. What most of us can tell you is that either we get into this for the long haul - the rest of our lives - or whatever we lose will come back in about half the time it took to lose.

Hope to see you on the Golden Girls thread.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote