3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   Getting Lighter In 2008 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/130208-getting-lighter-2008-a.html)

meowee 02-13-2008 10:33 AM

Hi there . . . :wave:

Kind of a repeat of yesterday -- computer is okay; eye is blurry -- only the weather is different. It's dull but it hasn't started to snow yet.

Have a great day, gang . . . :carrot:

Cheryl120 02-13-2008 07:32 PM

Hi...Just a quick fly-by for today. I've done good staying on track food wise, but not with the exercise. This damp weather makes my knees feel like a rusty hinge.

Linda...Glad to here you got your computer back. My new printer decided to go belly up on Monday, so it is at the shop till the 28th. Feel kind of lonely with it gone, it one of those things, you never need it till you don't have it.

Cheryl

meowee 02-13-2008 08:17 PM

Ain't it the truth . . . :lol:

We've had the snow; we've had the sleet; we are now working on rain. :shrug:

Donna72664 02-14-2008 03:32 PM

:val1: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU !!!!!

I HOPE SOMEONE YOU LOVE TREATED YOU WELL TODAY :val3:

The weather here today is nasty. It is only 18 and going down and there is 40 mph wind and snow flurries. Guess DH and I will stay in by the fire tonight. Actually I have planned a wonderful dinner for us:
Lobster tails, wild rice, tossed salad and for dessert cherry cheesecake.
Now I know that you wouldn't call that exactly diet delight, but hey it is
Valentine's Day and I didn't get a box of chocolates.:devil:

Linda: Sorry you may have to part with your old friend the puter but I know that the one I have at home is about to bite the dust too. Guess they can't last forever. Sure hope there is nothing wrong with your eye, at least from the surgery. Good luck with that. Keep us posted.

Cheryl: Hi there,sorry to hear that your Dad has been so ill. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.And your hubby has been in the hospital too ?
Didn't he have a problem with that last year? Sure hope things get better out your way. I'm sure the fear of flooding is a big concern there. Also glad to know that the FS is getting along so well. At that age he should be a big help to you.

Dina: Welcome back, Good Luck to you and hubby on your new business. My hubby and I love to hunt turkey in the Spring when you have to call them in. What kind of calls does he make? We use slate and diaphragm (sp)
calls and a couple of box calls. I am trying to get in shape to go again this year. I didn't go last year. We have soooo many around here it just doesn't make sense not to go.

Had better run am getting my hair trimmed after work. Have a wonderful day all of you.

:val2:DONNA

meowee 02-14-2008 03:33 PM

Happy Valentine's Day . . . :grouphug:

Rained all night and most of the snow washed away again. In fact, temperature was +8C (46-47F) at 7am. By early afternoon, it had dropped to -2C (28-29F) and all the roads are now a sea of ice. :mad: Weird, weird weather.

meowee 02-14-2008 03:35 PM

Hi DONNA . . . :wave: . . . Afraid I already ate a bunch of chocolate today. :crazy: Why oh why do I keep doing these silly things to myself, anyway.

meowee 02-16-2008 07:51 AM

:wave:

The sun is shining . . . Still really, really cold, of course, but . . . the sun is shining. :yay:

pamatga 02-16-2008 12:51 PM

Good Saturday Morning to You all

Meowee, I see that you have a love of chocolate. This past week I was in Wal-mart and I have heard others on 3FC mention about sugar-free peppermint patties. No brand was mentioned but I found a package of 8 by Russell Stover's in the candy section that was about $2.50. I found that one a day seemed to satisfy my chocolate "fix". Have you tried these or some similar to them?

After visiting my critically ill Mom for 5 days out of state;eating only restaurant food, and feeling really yukky from all of the added fat and salt in that, I decided that I need to do like a lot of these maintaince 3FChickers that post on here. I've got to get my mind set in such a way where I am focussed on my food and exercise plan NO MATTER WHAT!

I want to be making some "mini goals" and now coasting like I feel that I have been. Granted, some of the things that have been coming up have been unavoidable but if others on here can do it, so can I.

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep thinking LIGHT and LITE!;)

meowee 02-17-2008 08:47 AM

Another :sunny: day here in northern Nova Scotia . . . I'm delighted.

Yes indeed PAM (although I can't do the peppermint kind, it gives me heartburn), I've definitely discovered NSA chocolate . . . HOWEVER with my usual level of self-control, I eat the whole package in one sitting and then suffer with terrible stomach cramps because of the sugar alcohols. But thanks for the kind thoughts, :hug: Actually about the only thing I can handle in the chocolate department is a little cocoa powder and a little Splenda mixed into my yogurt. Does help control my chocolate cravings some of the time. :lol:

Well . . . better get myself moving and shaking so I can enjoy this sun. Hve a great day, gang . . . see you all later . . . :carrot:

Dina 556 02-19-2008 11:51 AM

Good morning everyone.

Pam, I'm sorry that your mother is critically ill. I will pray for her and you.

Meowee, I never heard of mixing the chocolate and Splenda in yogurt. It sounds good....doubly good with no added cals.

Nothing much new at this end. Been busy, busy, busy. Have a great day everyone.

meowee 02-19-2008 06:20 PM

Hi there . . . :wave:

Another sunny day but strange because the temperature stayed fairly warm until the pasat coule of hours when it started to drop like a rock.

Have a good evening . . . :carrot:

meowee 02-20-2008 06:55 AM

:wave:

Cold, windy, sunny . . . love that sunshine.

meowee 02-22-2008 09:21 AM

I'm talking to myself again . . . Hi Me . . . :wave:

Donna72664 02-28-2008 03:17 PM

Meowee, I'm sorry I have been MIA for so long. Our company has decided that the non-professionals in the office will no longer have access to the internet. Seems it is bogging down our company files and they are afraid of losing some valuable patient files if we continue to have our own things on our computers. I can see their point, however the office is my only access to the internet unless I can find time to go to the library. When I stopped in there last week it was full of school kids playing games and so I gave up trying to get onto a computer. Today I am just flying by so have to make this quick. I really miss reading all the posts on 3fc daily. It is what has kept me losing or at least trying to.
Last weekend we went to see our granddaughter perform in her show choir. She is a freshman in college and it was just wonderful. Those kids have so much energy and so much talent. They served a very lovely dinner and I had to keep telling myself not to over do it. Must have done ok as I am still at 142. I really need the support I get here and now to only get it once a week it so hard.
I hope everyone else is doing well. This week the temps are supposed to get pretty nice, in fact they are calling for nearly 70 on Saturday. I plan to spend the biggest share of the day outside.Today it is a little overcast and we had a little rain this morning. It is up to 52 but also windy.I miss you gals, hopefully it won't be a whole week before I get back here but am guessing that it will be. Have to run, want to check my e-mails and then I have to get home and get my wash machine running !!!

Hope to talk to you soon. :easter: DONNA

Emrldluvr 02-28-2008 07:45 PM

Hi,
New to this sight. I have done Weigh Down in the past and the one thing that I still do consistantly from that is something she suggested with M&M's and that is taking 1 at a time and letting them melt in your mouth and also have something warm to drink with it. I find that if I do this instead of shoving a handful in my mouth I get over my chocolate craving after a few.

I went and bought new bras today but between sizes in clothes so didn't get anything. I'll just wait to get down a size.

Enjoying sunshine and 60 degree temps here in the NW today.

Have a great evening.
Em