3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   Getting Lighter In 2008 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/130208-getting-lighter-2008-a.html)

meowee 01-04-2008 10:27 AM

Getting Lighter In 2008

Hi there everybody . . . :welcome: to our newest home.

I'm so glad to be back home again -- visiting the relatives was great -- but busy, busy, busy and definitely not good for either my blood sugar levels or my weight. Sad to say that I'd starting January a good 5 pounds heavier than I started December. :(

The trip home from the airport was awful (blizzard) and took more than twice as long as normal. To top it off, somebody borrowed my bag and left me theirs. Didn't get mine back until late yesterday. Think I'll cover my bags with distinctive pictures of cats (or something) since people don't seemt o bother to read the name tags. :mad:

Speaking of felines -- mine are all well (thank goodness) although they did get a little destructive while I was gone (guess they were bored), but nothing was broken that cannot be replaced. ;)

Well . . . guess I'd better go and update my ticker and my profile comments to reflect the New Year. Have a great day, everybody and I'll see you again really soon . . . :carrot:

saki 01-04-2008 11:01 AM

I Am a Newbie

Hi Meowee

I am new to this site and although I havent look throughout the forums, since I am 52, I think this forum will fit me. I see most people have all sort of items on their postings, tickers? Is their a "mini guide" to get started. I had a traumatic 16 years of marriage, and ready to get started on a new life...losing the 40 pounds that I lost just 2 years ago.:

Any guidance you have to get me started will be appreciated!

Saki

Donna72664 01-04-2008 11:39 AM

My gosh, here it is Friday again. I'm glad that we can get back to a regular schedule next week. All these days off in the middle of the week are hard on an old gal ;)

SAKI: :welcome2: Know you will love it here, this is a great bunch of gals that will give you all sorts of Good advice and support. I look forward to getting to know you better.

MEOWEE: Thank you for starting our New Year off with a fresh thread, and
welcome home, we missed you. Sorry your trip home was so stressful,
traveling over the Holidays is always such a hassel. Glad your kitties are all doing well finally and what the heck is a little destruction ? LOL I know you will get those Holiday 5 off before you know it.

CHERYL: Congrats on the 1 lb loss. Don't think I've congratulated your hubby on getting a job either. That sure does eliminate a lot of stress.
When is your granddaughter getting married? Just need to know how hard we have to push you!!:drill: Hopefully you will have good weather to get outside and walk. How are your folks doing, I hope better.
So proud of you for taking on another teenager. You are right there is such a need for foster parents, only wish I had the patience for it. He is very lucky to have you.

JUDY,DENISE,AND DINA: We want to hear from you gals too.

I am struggling on getting back on track with my exercise. I have read lots of articles in magazines and on line but for some reason that just isn't enough. I have decided that while I am just reading here I am going to stand up and march in place or do some squats or lift some weights, no reason to just set here, right? It is supposed to get up to 50 this weekend here so maybe it will melt some of the ice on the streets so it will be safe to get out and walk. I could walk down town as the sidewalks are all clear but I haven't. Hopefully something will kick in here pretty soon.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!
:coolsnow: DONNA

meowee 01-04-2008 01:01 PM

Hi DONNA . . . good to see you, :hug: I use my big stability ball instead of a computer chair. It makes you use your abs a little just to keep your balance. Hey . . . every little bit helps. :yes: Speaking of little things that really help -- take a look for YakTrax in your local Sporting Goods stores or even WalMart; one of the few things I've found that honestly work as well as they say they do. Here's a link to the home site . . . http://www.yaktrax.com/

Hi SAKI . . . :welcome: to the Age 50+ Forum and :wel3fc: also . . . glad to hve you with us. Never fear you will get the hang of this site quickly although I know it can be daunting at first because it is very big. Take a look at the Announcements and Help Forum to get you started. Here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40 . . . for you to click on. There you will find some basic instructions for getting a ticker and an avatar to add to your posts. Both of those features (and a lot more) are available through the USER CONTROL PANEL area by clicking on the first item on the purple line (User CP) at the top of any forum page. User CP will also provide you with information for subscribing to forums and threads that are of special interest to you so that you can find them again more easily. To get the cute little emoticons (smilies) just be sure to use the "Go Advanced" feature in the Reply area instead of just the "Post Quick Reply". Once you are there, you'll see a few emoticons at the right of your screen and a further link to lots more. Hope this helps . . . let me know if you have any problems. :hug:

Later . . . gang . . . :carrot:

meowee 01-05-2008 02:42 PM

:wave:

settie 01-08-2008 05:56 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm glad you had a good trip Meowee, but it's always nice to get home.

Hi, Saki, wecome to the site.

I'm with you on the exercise Donna, I was doing so well and now I'm in a slump. Let's get mooooving. ;)

I also have a pair of those YakTrax. They are great on hard snow but on real hard ice (I mean the -20 to -30C range) I find they don't do the trick.

Hi to everyone else. Come join us sometime.

Talk soon,

meowee 01-09-2008 12:28 PM

Another little fly-by for me.

Have a great day, gang, and I'll be back soon . . . :wave:

meowee 01-10-2008 09:56 AM

Where is everybody???? :wave:

Donna72664 01-10-2008 03:20 PM

Hi chickies, my goodness but it is quiet around here.Where did everyone go?
I have been working on getting myself in order. I am trying to figure out just what exercises I need to be doing and what I can do to make me feel better about myself. Doing a lot of reading in other words. I did a workout this morning with FitTV and it felt great. After I showered I painted my nails, I haven't done that for a long time. Use to always have my nails painted. Now I am trying to decide if I want to start coloring my hair again.
If you have seen the pictures from my daughters wedding you know that my hair is back to its natural color, white. I am pretty pale so this time of year I look pretty washed out. I'm not one to wear a lot of foundation makeup, it makes me feel like my skin is dirty for some reason. I guess I just need a pick- me- up. Going to talk to my hairdresser and see what she thinks would look the best on me. When I was coloring it myself I stayed with a medium blonde but I'm wondering about something just a little darker with some lighter highlights. I'm such a coward about trying something new like that but I know it will grow out in a few weeks time.Now would be a good time because we have nothing of any importance coming up.
Have any of you tried something that was sort of drastic and what was the outcome of it? Just wondering.
It's a new year and it's time to get going, thanks Denise you are right let's get mooooving!!!

Have a good day, DONNA

meowee 01-11-2008 02:02 PM

:wave:

Still tooooooo busy. :mad:

See you soon.

Dina 556 01-13-2008 01:53 PM

Hi everyone...

I know it has been quite a while since I have written here. Not that I would not have rather been here.

My sister is in critical condition. She had a stroke. She gained consciousness about 1-1/2 weeks later and can move her feet and hands. (Thank you God.) However, she can talk a little bit, but doesn't know who we are. It's very very sad. If you wouldn't mind we would sure appreciate the prayers for Roberta. Thanks so much.

On a good note, I've lost a couple lbs. I am very pleased with that. Now 221 lbs.

I can't get into exercise either. I guess I'm just not trying hard enough.

Have a great day!!

Dina

meowee 01-14-2008 07:43 AM

Good Morning . . . :grouphug

I had a very busy (but fun-busy) day yesterday. Today is back to the work-busy garbage. :mad:

Glad to see you back with us DINA and Roberta will definitely be in my thoughts. Hope she is feetling better really soon. :crossed:

Donna72664 01-14-2008 09:44 AM

http://t2.images.live.com/images/thu...e9d1d1ebb81204DINA: Glad that you stopped by to let us know what is going on with you. Prayers are on their way for your your sister. Hope she is better very soon. You are under a lot of stress right now, I sure wouldn't worry about getting some exercise in although sometimes that helps to reduce the stress. You are getting your weight down and that is great! Come back whenever you can, we miss you. I hope you have a good day.

MEOWEE: Sorry you are soooo busy, hope you will find time to come back soon.

To all the rest of the gang WHERE ARE YOU????

I had a good weekend, I had gained back those 2 lbs last week but this week I lost 1.5 so I am only 1/2 lb away from my ticker weight. I will have that off before the weekend. I am going to go clothes shopping in a couple of weeks so want to work really hard this next couple of weeks. Looking forward to getting some things that actually fit. I did have a NSV this week, I put on a pair of slacks that were kind of big in the waist so decided I would stick my shirt in and put on a belt, I had to tighten it a notch from where I had been having it !! Oh that felt good. Better get to work the washer just stopped and I have to finish vacuuming, just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a great week.

:write: DONNA

Cheryl120 01-14-2008 02:58 PM

Hi Ladies...Sorry to be MIA :( I've been under the weather with a nasty cold/sore throat thanks to my DH. The good news is I'm down another pound. This damp northwest weather makes my knees scream, but I try to walk everyday. Bengay is my new best friend.

Dina...My prayers are with you and your sister, and that she improves a little bit each day.

Donna...I need to color my hair also. I haven't done it since Sept, and I turn white just in the front, and the rest is grey. Have to see if my granddaughter can come down and do it for me. Congrats on the fat fairy paying you a visit.

Linda...Hope things are starting to slow down for you.

Talk to you gals later.

Cheryl

meowee 01-15-2008 08:29 AM

Good Morning . . . :wave:

So good to hear from you CHERYL, but sorry you are a little 'under the weather'.

We are all 'under' a new layer of white and sparkly weather around here. Trouble is it is still snowing and the winds are just a-howling -- Winter is definitely back and with a vengeance.

Since my power is feeling a little 'flickery', I'd better get a move on and go visit a few more 3FC places while I still can -- have a great day, gang, and I'ss see you later. :yes: