3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   GETTING LIGHTER - Sept/Oct. 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/121803-getting-lighter-sept-oct-2007-a.html)

meowee 09-05-2007 07:17 AM

:welcome: to the group JENNELLE . . . :hug:

So pleased to have you joining us. Congratulations on your great loss so far. :high: We'll all be looking forward to getting to know you better now that you've found us, Chickie.

BTW . . . more cats would definitely help. :yes: Purrecious (looking at you from my avatar) is one of my six -- all spoiled, of course.:D

Have a great day . . . :wave:

Donna72664 09-05-2007 10:13 AM

JENNELLE :welcome2: We look forward to getting to know you. Think you will like it here, we get great support from each other and have some fun. Your spoiled cat is welcome too !!! ;)

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE

settie 09-05-2007 10:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

Welcome Jennelle - Congrats on your weight loss. It does get a bit slower the more you lose but we've just got to keep on going. Hope we can give you all of the support you need.

Donna - I fairly sure of #7 (c) & 9 (a). No idea on #8. I think summer - visiting, long weekends.... - can be fairly hard to stay on program. Now that it's coming to a close we can all get back on track. I'm sure it was your body protecting your mind. ;) Hope that Prevention gives you a few good tips.

Meowee - Purrecious is too cute. I'm really becoming a cat person. I'll have to try to get mine to sit still long enough to get a pic.

:wave: to all the others - hope we see you soon.

Bye for now, ;)

meowee 09-05-2007 03:52 PM

Good for you, Chickie . . . the world can always use more 'cat-women'. :lol:

Here's another article, I just posted in the Sticky Section that I though everybody would find interesting . . . about the importance of Milk in weight loss . . . http://www.foodfit.com/centers/hwc/r...rinkmilk_1.asp . . .

one of the things that caught my attention was the mention that calcium supplements just don't seem to have the same benefits.

meowee 09-06-2007 09:06 AM

Good Morning . . . :wave:

The sun is shining today and it is supposed to be a little bit warmer. Hope that is true. For some reason, I didn't sleep well again last night. Hate it when that happens, I feel draggy all day.

Oh well . . . plan to get out and about to do some stuff this afternoon anyway. Hope everybody has a great day and I'll see you all later . . . :grouphug:

meowee 09-07-2007 05:13 PM

Happy Friday . . . :grouphug:

Don't know why Fridays always seem to get so busy for me that I don't get a chance to stop in here, earlier? However, it definitely seems that I'm not the only one . . . :lol:

Anyway, hope you all had a good day . . . see you tomorrow. :wave:

gailr42 09-08-2007 09:29 AM

Hi Jennelle! Good job loosing 42 pounds. I started in January, too. Lots of folks have cats on here. I hope there is no correlation between cat ownership and overweight!

meowee 09-08-2007 10:17 AM

Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

A little tongue in cheek :thanks: for everybody West of me (pretty much takes care of all of you) for sending this hot and sticky weather my way again.

Oh well, at least it means I'll have the A/C going today and that will help to drown out a bit of the racket coming from the fair grounds across the road. Much as I love all the activities of fair week, it does get a little tiresome by this point. Last night it was after midnight before all the noise of everybody leaving for home died down. :(

After I finally got to sleep, I did sleep pretty well for a change. Anyway . . . just finished my protein pancakes overflowing with local blueberries, for the third day in a row . . . now I need to get some more berries or I'll actually have to eat something else for breakfast tomorrow. OMG, I :love: blueberries.

Hope everybody has a good day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

meowee 09-09-2007 09:56 AM

Good Morning . . . :wave:

Very happy to say that our horribly sticky heat wave appears to have been a one-day affair. Seems quite normal and pleasant this morning. Additionally, the good old Fall Fair will wind-up today and then my little neighbourhood will be back to normal and pleasant (and quiet) again, too.

Nothing else exciting around here . . . as soon as my hair is dry I must venture out "blueberry picking" (at the supermarket :lol:) so I can get my "fix".

Have a great day, everybody . . . see you soon. :carrot:

Donna72664 09-10-2007 10:11 AM

Good morning everyone, I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend.
I'm afraid it is "Confession Monday" for me. I did terrible last week. I don't know what went wrong but I couldn't say "NO" to any kind of food and so my scale made me pay the price by going up 2 lbs :cry: DH reminded me that I always say, "it's only a number" and I reminded him that is when he is on the scale, when it's me that's different !!!! :) So now I'm right back where I was at the beginning of August and I wanted to be at 140 at least by the end of this month. So who's fault is it that I did this ??? Guess I need to have a talk with that gal in the mirror again, she seems to have forgotten what we agreed to do. I did go for a mile and a half walk yesterday morning and it was only 50 out there and windy. Oh boy, was that refreshing. It is rainy and cold today too, the high for this week is only going to be 81, I love it.
Gosh Linda, where is everyone? I bet you will be glad when things settle down in your neighborhood. Our town is having our Fall Festival this week and it is always so much fun, but we don't get a carnival anymore, they say it is so late in the season and we really don't have anyplace to set one up. They used to set it up in the downtown area but the merchants complained about so much shoplifting, and so they moved it to the high school parking lot and that upset parents and the neighborhood, so now we don't have one and everyone complains about that. Guess you just can't please people
The neighboring town, just 10 miles down the road, had their Fall Fling this past weekend and they had a carnival so maybe everyone from here went to that one.
Guess I had better get some work done around here and maybe I can find time to jump on the treadmill or at least do some weights. Be back tomorrow with our quiz.

:coffee: DONNA

meowee 09-10-2007 12:35 PM

Hi there, everybody . . . :wave: . . . Wherever you are?

I was thinking the same thing, Donna. It's actually pretty quiet in all my usual forums this weekend and today, too. Maybe everybody is out having an end-of-summer fling? BTW, I know exactly how you feel. I've been fighting with the same two or three pounds all summer. Hope some of yours turns out to be water weight because that usually disappears pretty quickly. As of yesterday, I'm only 1 pound over my ticker. Hope I can keep things going in the right direction :crossed: for my weigh-in on Wednesday.

Wow . . . it's Monday . . . and it's a gorgeous day around here. Sunny and relatively cool -- just the way I like it. Once again, the day is zipping right along and I do not know what I've got to show for it. Spent quite a bit of the time reading Suzanne's review of ******* on the 3FC homepage (along with all the backup data). Have a look . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...f_a_Diet_Scam/ . . . Quite an eye-opener -- scarey stuff. Amazing what people seem to get away with these days.

Cats are so silly sometimes it's amazing. The guy who cuts my lawn usually comes mid-afternoon and none of the feline menagerie even bats an eye. Today he came mid-morning and they almost tore the sunroom to shreds running madly frome window to window watching him. At least they got lots of exercise.

Anyway, hope everybody is having a really fun day . . . see you later, Chickies . . . :grouphug:

settie 09-10-2007 05:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend.

I finally got Didi to sit long enough for a portrait. Isn't she a doll. ;)

I've not got too much on this week. Just enjoying the cooler weather.

Hi to all,:hug:

meowee 09-10-2007 09:21 PM

Wow . . . absolutely gorgeous and she looks like a totally grown-up version of Frick . . . hmmm, as a matter of fact I don't remember seeing Frick for a few hours . . . wonder what she's into. Frack and Freckle are right here behaving themselves . . . and the adults are asleep in the sunroom. Actually being able to locate 5 out of 6 at any given time is a pretty good average. :lol:

meowee 09-11-2007 08:28 AM

Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

It's raining and it's supposed to continue raining for the rest of today and tomorrow. :( I did not sleep too well last night and this dreary weather is definitely adding to my feeling of sluggishness this morning. Hopefully, this too will pass. :^:

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . see you soon . . . :wave:

Donna72664 09-11-2007 02:14 PM

:hug: Geeez Linda I hate when you talk to yourself:rofl: