Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:42 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #139

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site!

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please feel free to join us!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - if you bring me your ironing, I'll do it for you, lol. Anything to get an actual visit from a fellow Jaded Lady! So sorry about your dad. I should know this, but I'm not sure if you get to see him very often. Hope you do. Like you, I'm so very tired of the heat and humidity. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, too, and I'll be glad if it does, as the crops need it. The soybeans are wilting!

A big hello to the other JLs reading this.

I've had a good day. Got some things done (besides the ironing, lol) that I wanted to accomplish, and also had a really good visit with my son. Just him and me.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my niece. She and I have made a promise to not wait so long between visits, as in the past. She's a sweetie with the kind of personality that you just want to be around, and I'm glad we're making time for each other.

Well, that's it for now. Hope you have a good night, and a good day tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:43 AM   #3  

Hey Girls!!
Thought I'd catch up before going to bed...I just got in from the restaurant...we were pretty busy tonight. I have to be really careful and really determined to watch what I eat while I'm there. Our cooks are always wanting everyone in the kitchen to sample everything and of course it all has some kind of creamy sauce, or breaded something on it. It is wonderful!!! but tonight for the first time ever I declined....I felt very in control of myself thanks to ya'lls support.
I spent the better part of the day working on some tax stuff for my daughter (ugh!!)
She's going to try to buy a house and we had needed to file an amended return for some of her school tuition stuff. (They needed a current return for her loan stuff). I'm very glad it's done---I had been putting it off for awhile.
Jane---that's so nice you got to spend time with your son. It's so nice to get them by themselves sometimes and just reconnect. Do ya'll farm? I can't remember if I've asked---just wondered when you mentioned the soybeans. Have fun with your neice tomorrow---which reminds me.....
Mindee my neice that is about to have a baby is named Carli Beth --- I think Harley Beth sounds pretty good too????
Christi ---keep us posted about your dad. I'll keep him in my prayers.
I hope everyone else is doing great!! My friend, Dana, that moved away this summer, is coming for a visit tomorrow. It'll be great to see her. I've really missed her and her family. Thought I'd try to get up early and get my mowing done before going over to see her.
I'll hollar at ya'll later---Love to all---Beth~~~a strong and happy woman!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:27 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Good Day Ladies....

Well, I have to say that I no longer have any cigarettes...smoked the last one tonight and don't plan on buying anymore. So I had to warn people....."Beware, my attitude may be testy, but I still love you!"

As for the gym. I haven't gone in yet! Can you believe that. My co-worker has been feeling ill, she goes in for surgery for her sinuses this Friday and I told her not to worry about it until she's better. I've been using the gazelle so at least I'm not doing absolutely nothing! I do plan on working out w/another girl tomorrow though. Get myself ready for the first non-smoking at work day.

Well ladies...I must get to bed. Very tired. I will catch up and do indi's when I'm more awake!

Night!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:27 AM   #5  

Good morning Jaded Ladies!
I like your name. I hope there is room for one more. I am probably more jaded than most of you because I had my 60th birthday in July. (Can that be true?) I am married. We have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. There are 2 cats and a border collie in our household.

That is probably enough information for this e-mail. Thanks for reading.

hugs,
Judy
Old 08-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #6  

Yea!!!!! We're so excited to have another join us! Welcome Judy. I'm Beth---one of the newer to the group. Joined on at the end of July. I still have trouble keeping everyone straight in my mind but I know that we do have a couple of ladies who live in Canada.

I tell you, girls, I could not sleep last night. The last time I looked at the clock it was 3:50. I hate nights like that cause I know I'm going to be so tired the next day....and I am!!!--tired---. I'm going to vacuum and dust this morn before my friend Dana gets here.

I hope all of you have a good day and stay OP. I'm up to about 90 oz of water and it has really helped the swelling in my hands and feet. Talk to ya'll later---

Beth~~a strong and happy woman!
Old 08-04-2005, 12:36 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good morning ladies!

Hi Judy! A very big WELCOME to you! And of course there is room for another Jaded lady. Look forward to getting to know you.

Jane~I am so hoping for rain today! It is supposed to be about 94-still hot but not as hot as the three digits we've been having. Hate to see our water bill! No, unfortunately I don't see my dad often, or the rest of my family. It's a little hard with them being in AR. Even though it is only a 8 hour drive it's still hard to get down there as often as I would like. I just hope nothing happens before I see him again and I have no clue when that will be. Glad you had some mother/son time. When the kids were younger I always had one on one time with each one. Now it is hard. I do once in a while with DS#1 and DD and I always have time together but DS#2...we hardly ever have that. We have our talks which is nice but when he was working he was just too tired or wanted to go with his friends.

Beth~WTG on your NSV!! :clap: I would think it would be very hard to work in a restaurant-too tempting. Glad you could help your DD. I was trying to talk DS#1 into buying a house when he moves out rather than throw his money away renting-didn't succeed. I hope your DD gets to buy one, such a great investment for sure.

Marti~did you get the patch? DS#2 thinks he is just going to throw them away and not smoke again when he leaves next week-can't take them with him. I told him he should get the patch and use it before he goes but he says he can just quit cold turkey. I'll be surprised considering he smokes two packs a day sometimes. I wish you both luck in quitting!

Hi to everyone else!

Not much on the agenda today. Going to straighten the house some and mop the floors. Washed all the rugs last week but have yet to put them down because I was waiting to mop. As long as DS#2 stays out of the kitchen and bath long enough for them to dry. He sprained his ankle last week and couldn't work so he just quit. Couldn't go back 'till Tuesday and has to go for yet another physical Friday morning so wouldn't get much done anyway. Of course he's bored so he has been trying to find things to do around the house which means making a mess of the floors! Think I will take him out to lunch and a movie next Tuesday since he will be leaving Wednesday. Anyway, probably should get going and get something done.

Take care ladies and have a great Thursday!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-04-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Hi Beth! Saw that you had posted while I was typing away Your night sounded a lot like mine. My stinking arm/wrist/shoulder is bothering me again and kept me up most of the night. Really need to find a drug that works! Hope you have a nice time with your friend Dana today! Andt WTG on getting the water down! I don't think I have ever drank 90 oz, or that I could! So to you!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies......

well, I have to say, we finally got a cooperative baby. this little one, is another boy! Tommy says that he is unsure of the name now, so we shall see what we will come up with.

just checking in to see how you are all doing.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #10  

Not much time for personals today as I'm running behind it feels.

But I have to announce.....no cigarettes today and I don't have a craving for it. I've been so busy and if I keep being busy then I'm not going to have any troubles.

Now...as I speak of not smoking, I have to keep in the back of my head to not replace a cigarette w/food. That's going to be tough. So far so good. (sheesh, it's only the first day)

I also joined the 21 day challenge over in the Support Group forum...to keep me on track. Girls, if I get through those 21 days (which I know I will) than I have it made!!!

Ok.....off to take a shower and get rid of some stench before work!

I'll check in after work.

OH-OH!! Before I forget! Welcome Judy!!! Always room for one more! Looking forward to getting to know you!!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Beth - YAY for avoiding the BLTs at work.. better known as "bites, licks, and tastes"!! We used to farm, but after FIL died, we decided to let a neighboring farmer rent our ground from us. It's not a big farm, only 60 acres. Hope you had fun with Dana today. Be sure to tell us about it!

Marti - I'm just loving your positive spin on the no smoking! SInce you had quit for awhile before, you know to expect the coughing and the enhanced sense of smell. YAY for you joining the challenge in Support!! I bet Jhanai is so proud of you! I forget, is James doing this with you? If you get cranky, we'll understand, friend. If you get TOO cranky, I'm coming to Oregon and kicking your butt, lol. Seriously, Marti, we all want you to succeed in this, and will help you through it, whatever it takes, ok?

Judy - a big Welcome to you!! I, too am fairly jaded, lol, and you'll fit right in with the rest of us. When you feel that you want to, you could post a bio for us to read. (If you aren't sure how to cut an paste, I can do it for you, ok?) A Happy belated Birthday to you!! Once again, a big welcome to you.

Cristi - good luck to DS with his no smoking, too. He may be too tired to smoke during basic training. I know it's going to be hard to see him go, and I want you to know that if you need me, at any hour, you've got my phone number, ok? About rugs, my new kitchen ones are lighter than the old ones, and they really show the dirt a lot sooner. I sure don't like that, and may go back to the darker shade. Seems like I'm always having to wash them with the kids, grandkids, and dogs running around, lol.

Mindee - you're having another son! My sister has two boys - no girls - and the men in her family spoil her rotten. That's probably how it will be for you. Bet you probably already have lots of clothes for him, from Brandon, right?

--> I got a PM from Katiecat, and she said her sister died unexpectantly yesterday, so she will be gone while the arrangements and everything are taking place. I knew you ladies would want to know so our thoughts and prayers can be with our buddy.

I had the best time at lunch at Wendy's with Carol today, and she said the sweetest thing. She said she's always looked up to me, and wants to do lunch often so we don't lose track of each others' lives anymore. Aww, what a sweetie! She is the only daughter of my sister who passed away with cancer. I was gonna have the grilled chicken sandwich with a fruit cup, but got the small chili and hamburger instead. The difference is 4 points, total, and I had to make it up at snack time and dinner, but it was well worth it.

Katie and Kayla cleaned again today. They're still working off the $$$ I advanced them to go to Chicago, lol. I do love having housekeepers, dahlings!!

Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 PM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ Yup, we have plenty of clothes left over from Brandon. Good thing I didn't get rid of them! I am sure that with me being the only girl in the family that is how it is going to be.

Katiecat~ I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers during this time.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #13  

Katiecat~~~my heart is breaking for you sweetie....you're in my prayers. We love you and are here for you.....Beth
Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Katiecat- My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during the days ahead. Your friends here are thinking of you.

Another hot day here, but cooler breezes are coming they say. Along with some rain, I hope.

I am back home after staying with Mom for a couple nights. We didn't do alot. I made her a pasta dinner Tues. and took her to get her hair done Wed. and to the farmer's market for tomatoes. I walked her little pom several times a day and did a load of laundry this morning. She is still in quite a lot of pain and I don't see how they will be able to start moving her arm on Mon. The bruising is finally going away which is good since it was very black. Poor thing. Oh, Marti- Mom hasn't had a cig. for 3 weeks, since the morning she went to the hospital. She is doing really well, and she smoked for over 60 years.

I keep hearing good things from you JL's who are doing WW. I keep thinking I will start it, but things get in the way. For now I need to get busy and get the point counter and whatever else I need. Someone asked if I was doing WW, and I am not. I have only been using portion control and trying to walk/exercise. As for how much I have lost..last year I lost the same 15 pounds several times. This time I have lost only 6, and it is slow, but I am plugging away. Please, tell me how you lost 20 pounds Anita, I forget your method although I know it wasn't WW.

Hope everyone is planning a wonderful week-end. I am going to try to get caught up on housework. I might send my ironing to Jane...hate to deprive her of all that fun!! Tomorrow will be grocery day and Sat. night is a party at our neighbor's house.

TGIF...( a little early )
Old 08-05-2005, 06:37 AM   #15  

Hello Hello!!

First off...

Katie--I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I am sending you lots of hugs your way!! You'll be in my thoughts as will your family!

Sue--WW is a great program to lose weight. Although I have never tried it myself, only used the WW cookbooks, I've seen successes! I have family members who have lost. So if you start WW, I'm sure you'll succeed!! And just know that we're here for support.

Mindee--Hurray on having another boy!! Ok, curious, I thought the names were set, what changed his mind once he found out it was a boy?

Cristi--I decided not to do the patch. (for now anyway)I wanted to see how I do once I have no cigarettes available. And so far so good. In fact, I had a great day and I even sat w/a co-worker as he smoked....and I didn't even want one. So I must really be ready. I hope your son is too. TWO packs a day?! OMG!! I was a barely one pack a dayer. I can't imagine TWO! I hope he does quit. That way you can say my son and a friend of mine in Oregon are both quitters!

Jane--Jhanai doesn't know. I haven't told her. Because I want to make sure I'm through w/them before I tell her. She'll be so pleased. And James, he'll quit soon. He said it would be so much easier knowing that I won't have any cigarettes and who knows what else......he's so tired of it too. We'll see.

Beth--I've been gradually adding more water to my daily amount. Not like I've really paid attention to how much I've drank but I've have the last week or so. I've been getting in only about 60oz. It DOES help w/the swelling and bloating! And keeps me hydrated in this awful weather!

Angie, Susan, Ellen, Katy,...boy there are just so many that I'm not going to try and name you all... How are you all doing??? Come back and do a check in!

ok, as I mentioned already I did VERY well w/not smoking! Co-workers were proud which only made me feel even better about it. And I even went to the gym!! I got on the treadmill and walked at a fast pass (almost a jog) for about 20mins. would have gone longer but I was running out of break time.

Didn't fill my face w/lots of junk food or candy. Had a Banana and lots of water. So I have to say....I had a great first day.

Lets hope I can keep it up!

Alrighty, I better get to bed, my eyes are wondering around the back of my head as I type.

Nighty night!
Closed Thread