View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #3
auditgirl
234/165.8/160

Good morning,

I tried WW several years ago and lost about 35lbs, but never really learned to eat properly or at least not well balanced. I'd used most of points on starchy stuff and then kind of starve myself. Needless to say, the weight came back and another 10lbs. Further, I didn't really care for the group atmosphere or the regular meetings, it got to be too much of a headache.

I've really enjoyed LAWL and feel as though this is a plan I can stick to forever. I don't really feel as though I'm dieting, but have really changed my eating lifestyle. I choose healthier options now, even when i slip off plan a little bit, it's a homemade starwberry shortcake with extra fat free cool whip and an 80 calorie shortcake and strawberries sweetened with splenda. Beofre it would have been a bag of M&Ms or a pint of Ben and Jerry's (or both). I like this plan because it emphasizes fresh fruits and vegetables, I've gotten away from relying on boxed meals for dinner (i.e., mac and cheese, boxed rices or noodles) and now steam fresh vegetables almost nightly.

I've lost nearly 60 lbs (another 20 or so to go) and feel great. I couldn't imagine going back to way things used to be. It was a lot of work at first to make sure I always had fresh produce and meats, but now it's just part of the routine.

Hope this helps,
Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote