View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 08:23 AM   #9

Hi Luvmycurves, Your worries are very real and very important to you and every women that goes through this surgery. There is a lot more that goes into the decisions of getting this surgery then just your BMI. I weighed 280 when I went for my surgery as well but my BMI was higher. I had high blood pressure that was more then stroke level, I had Sleep Apnea (that thank god since loosing the weight has gone away, along with the high BP), and in doing the blood work found that I had abnormal liver function. All of that was because of my weight. You have to realize that even with the surgery you'll never have the body that you've always dreamed of. I know with me my surgery was open so I have a very long scar down my belly so half shirts or a bikini (not that I would ever wear either of those anyway) is out of the question. My legs were huge and have the most hanging skin, so shorts and again a bathing suit are out of the question. But to me to finally be healthy and not out of breath all the time is more then worth the sacrifies I've had to give up. Food will ALWAYS be an issue. The stuff that you crave now will come back to haunt you later. That chocolate cake will always tempt you. You just have to make the everyday decision which is more important that instant gratification of the food or finally being able to be in control of your life. You have to make the decision "does that food taste as good as thin feels". It's a life changing decision that you have to make and loosing those curves, good and bad, will happen. Your body will find a comfort zone that it likes and I've found at least with my friends and I that had the surgery that that's where your body will stop loosing. That's where the work begins to either keep it there or find the happy medium that you can live with. Me personally, I like the size 8. I'm 5'9 and weight 150 pounds now, that's thin for my height but I feel healthy here. To me that's whats important.

Sorry for the rant, you'll make the decision that's right for you.
Megsmom is offline   Reply With Quote