South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 03:47 PM   #1  

Default Migranes?

My friend and I are doing the SBD together however she suffers from migranes normally just during the TOM but after doing phase 1 for about 3-4 days she gets migranes daily. Can anyone say what is triggering these? I however dont suffer from migranes so I am clueless on this. Thanks to all
Old 12-04-2004, 06:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Almost everyone gets a really bad headache during the first few days of Phase I. It's your body detoxing from sugar. It WILL pass if she can hang on a bit longer. If it doesn't, she should probably see her doctor.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:49 PM   #3  

I typically suffer from migraines, but after having found what triggers them I am able to manage them much more effectively as a general rule. For me I am influenced by caffeine, preservatives in foods and dehydration.. I have really cut back on the tea and coffee, but found during phase 1 that I was REALLY thirsty and felt quite dehydrated everymorning. To help combat that I drank three litres of water each day on phase 1. I also eat mostly organic fruit, vege and meat and steer away from prepackaged foods as much as possible.

As Ellis mentioned sugar detox can be pretty tough on the body, but I found once the first 3-4 days was done the improvements were immense.

Perhaps if your friend is experiencing the migraines past the first 4 days she should switch to phase 2 and monitor how she is feeling. Perhaps the SBD is unrelated to her migraines if it continues.

I hope she is feeling beter soon... and good vibes for your new healthy eating for the two of you. Just as a side bar.. if your friend hasn't found what triggrs her migraines I have a webpage that can assist with elimination diets to isolate food related problems if you would like it for her.. it is based here in Australia but the information should be relevant worldwide. Just PM me if you would like it.

Cheers,
marianna
Old 12-04-2004, 08:55 PM   #4  

I am sorry I just realised what TOM means ...doh so please disregard the ramble at the end..
Old 12-05-2004, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

I get severe headaches when I don't eat enough. I know that sounds like a cop out for not dieting but if I go to many hours my blood sugar will drop to the point of making me sick and causing severe migraine like headaches. The only thing that helps is eating and laying down.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:11 AM   #6  

Thank You everyone for all your help
Closed Thread