Crazy Canuck

Thumbs down The Skinny on Diet Pills

Buyer beware!

http://diet.fitness.msn.com/article/....armx?GT1=5458
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

What? you can't get skinny by taking pills? Darnit It's scary how people just don't understand that these pills are so bad for you.. one day they will...
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Exactly,
If something seems too good to be true, then it probably is,..

Ever notice on these commercials for these diet products, the people not only get super skinny,.. they get tan and muscular too? Wow,.. that is some pill,..LOL
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #4  
Crazy Canuck

Agreed. I've said it before, but it amazes me how they can get away with promises of huge weight loss without changing your eating habits and not be charged with fraud. And the testimonials and pictures...they've all got six-packs from popping a pill and not exercising. Even if the pills did promote weight loss, can you imagine the loose skin! I got a brochure in the mail last week (I must be on some mailing list) telling me that for $60.00 a month I will be provided with all natural orange extract pills that actually shrink the fat cells and then they are simply expelled from your body. The brochure was filled with pictures of buff young men and women who had shed amazing amounts of fat cells in this manner (of course the tiny print said "results not typical"). I'm still waiting until articles are published in accredited health journals about this miraculous new discovery before I order.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:39 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Weight loss is a billion dollar per year industry yet people seem to be getting more and more overweight, diseases related to weight are increasing in numbers and the only one that seems to be benefiting are these companies that promise quick weight loss. If there was a weight loss pill that worked and worked safely, you would hear about it on every news station, every doctor, every tv program and every radio show. People would be saying "GET THIS!!!"
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:35 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Phentermine worked for me. Gained 100# when they took me off it. Still trying to lose from that.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote