South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #1  
AMT

Default New Here...Not necessarily to SBD

Thought I'd join in and so I'll gives an introduction. I am a sahm of two littles (5 & 1) and in desperate need to do something to get this weight off. I tried SBD a few years ago with mild success, I lost about 20 lbs but once I started into Phase 2 I felt like I didn't have clear enough guidelines and went off the rails! That is actually how I found this forum. I was googling guides to Phase 2 and it brought me to the emergency handbook!
I feel like I am more prepared this time! Today is day 1 on Phase 1. Got to start somewhere!

I have battled my weight since about puberty, tough time to gain weight! I also have PCOS so it makes it so hard to lose the weight!

I have about 75 lbs to lose to get to a healthy weight. Ready to get the ball rolling!
AMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome AMT!!! Checking in often really helps many of us lose or maintain. Have you read the book? It helps explain everything. The recipe sections here are very helpful. I remember being afraid to transition to P2, but boy did I want an apple LOL. I tend to live in P2 but am really careful about “white flour.” I still know what my trigger foods are and try super hard not to keep them in the house.

Welcome. Everyone here is very helpful, so don’t be afraid to ask questions.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi AMT! Glad to have some company getting started on this journey. I've done SBD before too and had great success, and this forum was a huge help. I unfortunately gained all my weight back, and stopped coming here, so I'm back to square one, and it's definitely my fault, not SBD. I want to lose 70 lbs by January 2019. I have more than that to lose but that's my first big goal. I've been heavy too most of my life, and now menopause is not helpful! There are chicks here that have been sticking with SBD for a long time, so I know they have lots of advice and support to offer us both. I started Phase I on Sunday, so we can suffer through it together. I have had a headache all day, which may be Phase I 'flu' or sinus issues/allergies. How are you doing?
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Hello AMT, welcome to the beach!

Everyone here is very helpful and checking in daily has really helped me to stay accountable. I pretty much do a combo of Ph1 and 2 throughout the week, but once in a while I go back to Ph1. I need to lose 50 to 60lbs to be in my ideal weight. This week I been eating on plan but eating a little be more carbs that I want to. Carbs are one one of my trigger foods and gives me lots of sugary cravings, so I will be going back to Ph1 next Monday.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote