Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-16-2017, 02:09 AM   #1  

Default Feeling so lost.

I recently gained about 5 to 10 lbs...i havent gained more than my set point on 230 in a while, not its 230-235,so i started to count calories...one week of counting and i am 2000 calories over. No wonder i am gaining weight, but i feel so upset because i didnt see how out of control it was.
Feeling powerless...and angry with myself.
alleikat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4

Hi , don't feel angry with yourself , at least now you know you are above caloriies you can make the changes you want/ need to.
sunflowergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

hugs to you. try not to be so hard on yourself, work on a plan and take baby steps to get back on track.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Portion/calorie control is a huge learning curve, but once you get it the weight will start falling off. I'm appalled, now, to realize how MUCH I was overeating before. I mean, it was a lot. Now I keep my portions much more realistic. But particularly in the US, we're just so used to seeing everything supersized. Huge drinks. Huge plates of food. When we see what an actual portion really should be, it looks tiny. It takes a while to get our heads wrapped around that.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:51 AM   #5  

Get blood work done. Look into hormonal imbalances.
Mrs. Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:56 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Fat View Post
Get blood work done. Look into hormonal imbalances.
i agree. and if you can, ask you doctor about the safest calorie diet for you. wishing you the best!
raftcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #7  

Default Hormonal imbalances

Greetings all. I'm wondering what type of tests for hormonal imbalances. I wonder if that is my issue.Please give me some specific tests for hormonal imbalance. I do know about the thyroid test but I'm good on that. What are the others? Thanks.
TaMry is offline   Reply With Quote