Old 09-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #1  

Default 3 lb gain in 1 day

What could it have been? I had Extra tea with sugar but I still didn't go over my limit.

The two days before I was really low(10) than I went back to my usual (85)

Also I had souop that was really high in soudim but not a lot of it.

What could have been responsible for a three lb gain.
skinnnyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

It could be an number of things. But it is highly unlikely to be fat. First off, 3lbs of fat would be 10,500 extra calories, and I'm pretty confident you didn't eat that much. Also, a gallon of water weighs 8+lbs. Low carb has a tendency to make you a little constipated, so it could be that. I wouldn't worry about it. It is really best to look at weight loss over a longer period of time, not daily. My weight can fluctuate 5lbs in one day, just from my normal eating and drinking cycles.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #3  

1. Does this diet ruin your metabolism. So if I'm eating really low than increase th3 carbs am I going to gain weight rapidly?
Old 09-27-2016, 11:00 AM   #4  

Also can sodium do that 0n a low carb diet?

My weight doest fluctuate so this is quite odd
Old 09-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Sodium can do that on any diet. Probably more so on low carb, because the first thing that happens with a low carb diet is a huge drop in water weight.

As for ruining your metabolism, I can't really speak to that. I know a ton of people who have lost and kept off weight with atkins/keto. The thing is, almost anytime you do an extreme diet to lose weight, then get off the diet, you'll gain the weight back quickly. You have to actually learn how to eat on a day to day basis if you want to maintain. So you really have to find a diet that you can maintain forever if you don't want to see rapid regain.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote