View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 12:22 PM   #2
vmelo

Hi, dish. What age were you when you used to weigh what you do now? I don't know if this is the case for you, but unfortunately, our body shape changes as we age and we tend to gain weight in areas that are different from where we used to gain it. For example, when I was in my 20's I always had thin arms and hips, especially when I lost weight. In fact, my arms looked as thin as sticks when I would lose weight. However, when I gained or lost weight in my thirties (I'm 35 now), I noticed that my arms and hips were no longer as thin. At my heavier weight in my 30's, I noticed that I was developing the flabby arms of my mother, something that I had never had in my 20's even at my heaviest. Also, I developed hips that I'd never had either.

I've read many articles which say that our weight is redistributed as we age. Most women begin to accumulate weight in their waist and belly area as they get older. This may be the reason that you are finding that your clothes don't fit the same even at the same weight.
vmelo is offline   Reply With Quote