Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday was a comedy of errors with Jozi (my Great Dane). I remember this happening (accidents) last summer so I think I have a plan (hopefully). I let her out after school and she potties (but then I think she drinks her bowl of water that's outside). I go to yoga and come home to a FLOOD in the kitchen. It was on her dog bed and the floor so I think she tried to get up and didn't make it. So, I'm cleaning that up before feeding her and Dewey. After I feed them dinner, I continue cleaning the floor and dog bed. I strip and get ready to go shower but I see *something* on the floor. I realize that Jozi has stepped in poo outside and tracked it in. So, now I'm naked and cleaning poo tracked through the house. I find Jozi on the couch and attempt to locate/clean the poo. I find the offending foot and it's of course smushed down into her pads, toenails, etc. So, now it's all over the couch too. Jozi, unhappy that I'm pulling her back foot somehow wrangles away from me and tracks it over the rest of the downstairs, including onto her other dog bed. So, I'm still naked and now I'm cleaning the entire house practically just hoping that dd doesn't come home anytime soon. I'm hoping today is a poo/pee/puke free day but that might be too much to hope for.

My plan is to limit her water after school/ evening and see if that helps. Of course, I cleaned up the yard as well....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #32  
Workin' It

Michele - sorry honey, but your story made me snicker. I totally get the frustration, but the visual you painted was fantastic.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Michele Funny how we get that focussed on completing a task, no matter what the circumstances. I was laughing at what I thought you might say to DD should she walk in and find you naked, tussling with Jozi's foot.

I do sympathize with the tracking of the poop though. I had to clean up the kitchen floor at a dog sit one morning after the old dog with Alzheimer's pooped and then spent the night pacing around the kitchen, which had all sorts of mats down to stop him from slipping. Poopy footprints all dried to the mats and floor - EEEW!

Should you all be wondering I was NOT naked when cleaning up after him.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

Michele, lol! You poor thing! What we do for our pets.
I was wondering...did you dress before you cleaned up outside?
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:52 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
Michele, lol! You poor thing! What we do for our pets.
I was wondering...did you dress before you cleaned up outside?
yes! I was dressed!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote