Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #1  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Losing weight. . . again

The last time I was here I was 16, and I can honestly say it changed my life. I lost 50 pounds, got actually pretty good at fencing, and made a lot of new friends. Now I'm 23, I've gained back 30 of those pounds, and I'm starting to just not feel well carrying this much weight around, so I'm back!

My two tickers are my two goals: my real life "I think I can do this" goal, and my dream goal, which is to not have an overweight BMI anymore for the first time in literally my entire life. I'm a little concerned, because even exercising 5 hours per day and eating very few calories (800-1200) I never made it below 160, but I was also young enough that perhaps my calorie estimations were off. So maybe this is the time!

I'm going to try calorie counting and I'm also doing Zombies Run 5k every day except for the occasional day off when I feel too sore. I've had problems with crash dieting in the past, and now it's kind of hard for me to lose weight, but my hope is that keeping my calories relatively high (above 1200, sometimes eating exercise calories back) and exercising frequently will eventually build up enough muscle to counteract that.

Looking forward to meeting new people and talking with you guys further!

Last edited by ImpalaHoarder; 04-28-2014 at 12:10 PM.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpalaHoarder View Post
The last time I was here I was 16, and I can honestly say it changed my life. I lost 50 pounds, got actually pretty good at fencing, and made a lot of new friends. Now I'm 23, I've gained back 30 of those pounds, and I'm starting to just not feel well carrying this much weight around, so I'm back!

My two tickers are my two goals: my real life "I think I can do this" goal, and my dream goal, which is to not have an overweight BMI anymore for the first time in literally my entire life. I'm a little concerned, because even exercising 5 hours per day and eating very few calories (800-1200) I never made it below 160, but I was also young enough that perhaps my calorie estimations were off. So maybe this is the time!

I'm going to try calorie counting and I'm also doing Zombies Run 5k every day except for the occasional day off when I feel too sore. I've had problems with crash dieting in the past, and now it's kind of hard for me to lose weight, but my hope is that keeping my calories relatively high (above 1200, sometimes eating exercise calories back) and exercising frequently will eventually build up enough muscle to counteract that.

Looking forward to meeting new people and talking with you guys further!

Good for you, it took me several years to put on 25 pounds and it's taken 2-1/2 years to get back to normal. You're young you can do this.

What's really helped me is I purchased a Jawbone UP to help track my daily activiity and then synced that with a calorie/carb counter on my phone--so I can see exactly where I am on a daily basis. IOW--I no longer have excuses for not knowing ha.ha.--and it's working. As I was stuck on 6 pounds (for months) to go-and I-got on the scale this morning and it's only 4 pounds more to go. Whew!

I am going to continue to do this for the rest of my life--because I don't want those pounds sneaking up on me ever again.

Good Luck and Welcome!

Last edited by Kscott; 04-28-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #3  
Sweat Is Fat Crying

S/C/G: 332/259.0/210

Height: 6' 4.5"

I'm in the same boat, I regained 30 lbs and today I had a self intervention to kick start where I left off.

Best of luck, you can do it!!
IrishLad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

I am on at least my third time relosing this 30 lb weight gain. It can be done. I always have a problem keeping it up when I am down to a normal weight, though. Not this time! Never again! Welcome back.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome back and good luck!
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote