View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #129
Fiona W
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks again, y'all, for thinking about me. I'm doing much better today: no stomach aches because I've been able to eat my food on schedule without problems. Writing that long posting about what happened on Sunday night and how it affected my appetite and eating was really helpful. I felt like I got to tell the story to people who understood. =whew= It was a relief as well to figure out that I wasn't really doing what they call "restricting." I was just angry at food in general, for making me so miserable. But I've gotten over it.

Ubee, Betsy, Sam, & others— All you guys who've been talking about keeping track of how many days in a row you're on plan, I have a suggestion. Last year when I was having so much trouble with staying on Atkins because of my frequent cookie binges, I bought a pack of big colorful star stickers, and did a thing where I put a star on the wall calendar in our kitchen for every day I stayed on the diet. Early in the year I never seemed to be able to get more than 4-5 stars in a row, and some of my no-star periods lasted for multiple days. But gradually, month to month, I could look at the calendar and see more & more stars accumulating. And I liked the fact that I didn't have to feel guilty if I had a day without a star, so long as I got right back on the horse and had a star on the following day. That's why, when I joined 3FC in October, I was ready to do a period of abstinence from cookies, candy, & donuts, and then by late November I was ready to go 30 days binge-free. That system worked well not only for me, but also for Bob: when he noticed a long stretch of stars on the calendar, he'd say something about it. It was all about getting positive feedback—no negative vibes. No saying "epic fail." Well anyway, it worked for me.

Current mini-goal: Get BACK down to 260
Pounds to go: 7

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Mini-goal 3: Get down to 260 —> done 1/1/16
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote