Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
Hi everyone. I was a part of this site and the Ideal Protein Diet over two years ago. I lost most of the weight I wanted, And sadly and ashamedly, I gained it all back and then some. I got really depressed and stressed with school and stopped caring. I knew that if I didn't come back to this site, starting over with this diet wouldn't be the same or as easy, but I also knew it would be one big walk of shame. So here I am, I guess, lol. I hope to be able to support anyone here with my past success story, and also be able to receive support from all of you! Thank you!
Welcome Back!! I am just starting my IP weight loss, I wish you all the best
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

So many of us...I feel empowered today!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Glad you're here!
JaneDeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

You all may not know this - but acknowledging your trials and challenges on this forum is very inspirational for a lot of us...as much as success stories. We've all been there. It's empowering when you can have a good day - it's equally empowering when one has a bad day and decides not to have another. Thanks for sharing!
April Starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #20  

I have never treasured anything as much as something I really had to work for. Things that come easy are just never as satisfying.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #21  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Such great motivation there is here! I am so happy I came back. Last time I was on 3FC I was kind of a lurker, sadly because any time I said anything, I never got a response from anyone, but I still loved reading everyone else's posts. This time I feel the love! I really can't wait to get to know all of you and have all of us be there for each other! Thanks to all of you! I'm on day 3 going strong!
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #22  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
So wondering.... When you start again does the weight come off slower than it did the first go round for most? Just don't wanna get my hopes too high. First time I lost 7 lbs in the first week, 4 in the 2 then only 1-2 after that.
My second time around I lost weight at about the same pace as the first time. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and went on Phase 3 for that. I followed it fairly closely, but a lot of the salads I ordered had fruit or nuts in them (I asked for no cheese). I worked out every day, some sort of cardio, and weights most days. I maintained during this. Then came home and went back on Phase 1 for a week and even though my coach thought I was at my ideal weight and wouldn't be able to lose more, I managed to lose another 3 lbs. Sometimes I think a change in eating (switching to Phase 3 for a couple weeks, then back to Phase 1) is good for the body, to shake things up a bit, if you happen to hit a plateau.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
Such great motivation there is here! I am so happy I came back. Last time I was on 3FC I was kind of a lurker, sadly because any time I said anything, I never got a response from anyone, but I still loved reading everyone else's posts. This time I feel the love! I really can't wait to get to know all of you and have all of us be there for each other! Thanks to all of you! I'm on day 3 going strong!
I understand how you feel. Last time I was on IP on write on forums, I felt myself being chastised by one or two people... ESP because I was using alternatives. Luckily there were so many other wonderful people to help me out!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
My second time around I lost weight at about the same pace as the first time. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and went on Phase 3 for that. I followed it fairly closely, but a lot of the salads I ordered had fruit or nuts in them (I asked for no cheese). I worked out every day, some sort of cardio, and weights most days. I maintained during this. Then came home and went back on Phase 1 for a week and even though my coach thought I was at my ideal weight and wouldn't be able to lose more, I managed to lose another 3 lbs. Sometimes I think a change in eating (switching to Phase 3 for a couple weeks, then back to Phase 1) is good for the body, to shake things up a bit, if you happen to hit a plateau.
So good to know. I did IP 100% from Jan- end if March and lost 25 lbs. I phased off for a holiday and only gained 2 lbs... Booze related no doubt. I came home and jumped into phase 1 and lost the two plus another 5. But... And here it is.. I lost my motivation this summer and went back to my bad lifestyle... And regained 21 lbs. The way I look at it was I really enjoyed my summer but too high of a price! Still down from my preIP days but I need to finish the job and stay on the task. That being said I am going to Vegas for a few days in Dec for NFR and I know I will have a few drinks. But I have to stay in control.