Old 06-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/268/130

Height: 5ft 3

Default just a thought..

Sometimes when I walk I pray. As I was praying yesterday on my walk, asking God to help me lose weight and get into shape I remembered something. My body is God's temple. There were several times in the Bible when the (physical) temple was destroyed and had to be repaired/rebuilt. It was NEVER easy for the Jews to rebuild the temple. There was even a time when they had to hold a weapon in one hand and a tool for working in the other because of such strong opposition to rebuilding the wall of the temple. We see this in the book of Nehemiah. They also had to have half the workers working and half stationed to fight.

So what right? What's my point? My point is, this thought came into my mind and has helped me realize that, in spite of how run-down my "temple" has gotten, it is worth rebuilding. AND it is going to be a lot of hard work. Sometimes I might even feel like I'm fighting. And that I need to have support. Someone needs to have my back, so to speak. That's why I'm glad to have a place like this forum and supportive family and friends.

My body is God's temple. It's time for me to start rebuilding it.
BASarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #2  
Becoming A Better Me

Wow! Definitely struck a cord in my heart abd helps put things into perspective! Thank you for pointing it out and bringing it up today of all days i truly needed it!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

That's a great way of looking at losing weight/getting fit. The Israelites did work hard and it took a long time and sometimes they got discouraged, but they did it! Just like losing weight!

I like to pray when I walk, too. And I pray a lot about losing weight. I feel a little embarrassed, but I know I can't without god's help, especially emotional eating. It's easy to turn to food to feel better when I should turn to God, so I ask him to help me turn to him.

Thanks for your post.
Just Dance Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Excellent analogy! I totally agree-we are definitely worth rebuilding no matter how long we've been in disrepair! Thanks for the reminder
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thanks for those wonderful insights. I can especially identify with this analogy as my chemo meds break down my immune so the meds can fight the cancer cells; then my body has to re-build my system -- helping it to get stronger for the next go-round of this battle.

I can see the similarities for weight-loss as well. An odd things has happened to me during this journey as well -- I worked hard and lost weight; then my body started losing weight becuz of the huge tumor in my abdomen, so I lost so much I looked emaciated.

After the surgery, I started to gain weight back as soon as I could eat; and the steroids in the chemo has made me gain even more. Talk about re-building a temple -- I have now re-built some areas that needed re-filling (like my chest), but I sure hope that stops soon, as I don't want to regain all the weight back again.

My last round is next week so that's the last of those steroids and therapy starts after that. For now, I am just trying to eat as healthy as I can. I don't really want to lose weight fast and look sickly again. I think I am gonna really work hard on toning and getting more exercise like swimming this summer.

THANKS FOR SHARING ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote