South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Friday SBD Chat, April 19

Good Morning

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy Friday. All sorts of news "stuff" going on this morning...makes me very aware that my responsibility is to have my best day possible nurturing my family (including furry friends) and showing kindness to all the folks I encounter in my day. Following my food plan is part of my day...showing kindness to myself, too.

Kirk's DD is having her bachelorette party this weekend and the youngest sis needs a ride from the airport while DD's car gets fixed. We've only met her once so this will be a nice opportunity to step in and help. I suppose we'll hit WHFoods while down and have OP lunch at a favored Vietnamese restaurant. They have a cabbage salad w/tofu that I enjoy every time and don't get the salt related effects I find when we do Chinese. Yay.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmm, sounds delicious, Debbie! A great idea too - DH asked where I'd like to go to lunch today, I might pick something like that .

Thank goodness it's Friday, indeed. I don't work until 2 pm, so I'm meeting a friend for breakfast, then I think going on a hike. I looked up a few minutes ago, and it is an absolutely breathtaking sunrise! Should be a great day to get into nature.

Gratefully, DH closed the door so the pup couldn't walk in and keep me up with her cough. I guess she wanted to be just like me, I've got it too. If anyone has a suggestion on a name for an insanely cute and sweet dog, that a 8 year old girl and 10 year old boy would both like, I'm up for it!

Last edited by TwynnB; 04-19-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and thanks for the early start-up. Your day sounds busy but full of gentleness and caring for others.

My Disney is feeling much perkier this morning and seems to be using her paw more. Let's hope the trend continues.

A somewhat disastrous day yesterday. All my plans to spend the day baking went down the tube when I discovered I was out of flour! By the time I remedied that and got the first batch of pineapple cakes into the oven, it was 3. I dashed down to the Town Hall with some stuff, came home, took out the cakes, put two more in and went back to the Hall to help Mariska clean our new kitchen. Got home in time to discover that Batch #2 was a failure and both cakes of the first batch had sunk! Four cakes into the trash. Bach #2 was actually still raw on the bottom. I suspect I may have an oven problem. Grrrr! I need to check it out before I make my maple syrup pies and lemon tarts which have expensive ingredients. One of these days I may start just making a $$ donation to bake sales and miss the aggravation.

So - today will be hectic. Gym first, then the bank for the sale float, do some baking and then be at the Town Hall 4 to 6 to accept and price baking, quick supper and then back to the Hall to sort books for the massive used book sale.

In the midst of all this I did a happy dance. as the Mayor told me that we now have a $10K grant from the Township. That will certainly ease the financial pressure. (We start interviewing students for the summer jobs next week and it's nice to know we can pay them.)

OK - time to test the oven and, if it's not OK , do some no-bake baking. Rice Krispie squares to sell individually with coffee from the new kitchen?

TGIF, I think.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

How about Daisy? She is sort of white and looks very sweet. I was thinking Daisy for my Disney but she was already named and had had it for over 8 months in the shelters.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Ruth, what a day! Yeesh, hope you figure the problem out quick. Kudos to you for still going to the gym today, I'd ditch out with all the other stuff you have to do!

My problem with names is that as a vet, I compare a name to every other patient with that name! Daisy is *adorable*, but it is the name of my coworkers dachshund they just put down. BUT, wouldn't Disney be a great name?! LOL...I used to be such a disney freak! DD said last night that she was her little princess, so I started listing all the disney princess names...no go.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ouch, Ruth, for all that baking down the tube...and for thinking it might possibly be the oven. I hope today is better and I'm glad Disney is feeling better.
BTW-I like Daisy, too...Twynn, what else are you thinking?

Ok, I got frustrated trying to set up a business acct. w/Colo.StateRev. to pay our quarterly wage w/h. I wrote down two tel. #'s and I'll call while we wait at the airport.

I'll go try something I have a possibility of accomplishing...like folding laundry or exercising.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!
I've been up a while, but glued to the TV watching the news.

Enjoy your glorious sunrise, Tammy. It's overcast here and we're hearing storms on the way. Ruth, I'm glad the good news of getting another grant for the Mill kept you in good spirits despite the disasterous baking experience. How about making some no-bake cocoa oatmeal drops or the ones made with chow mein noodles and butterscotch chips? Fast and easy. Debbie, have a good time with Kirk's DD and enjoy your lunch!

I'm hoping my car will be ready today, and I've decided to hold on to it for the time being. Other than that, it will be a day of doing domestic stuff since it's too wet to work in the garden. Curling up this afternoon with my book and a mug of tea sounds pretty good, too.

Tammy, how about "Jasmine" or "Taffy?"

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-19-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ok, scratch Daisy...Bing's original name was Lucky...yuk. We named a kitty Jasmine, as in Princess Jasmine...the neighbor's pup is Nemo...Rudi was short for Rudolph since we adopted him on Christmas Eve...

April...since you adopted her in April?

Linda! I hope your car is ready today and that they've done a good fix!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-19-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Feel free to use Disney. Since she does a lot of circling, she is sometimes called Dizzy. (The circling is a coping mechanism from spending so much time confined in shelters.)
Old 04-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Have to admit I'm very distracted by the news. The neighborhood where everything started last night is the neighborhood DD and her fiance just moved out of last summer. I'll be tense until this is over.

I made a really tasty protein bar last night. I'm glad I rad the comments and followed her directions for technique because they came out great, not too crumbly. I used cranberries instead of raisins but I think the combinations are endless. They were easy, the most labor intensive part was really mixing and pressing the dough with wet hands, so easy to make. I think cutting into 9 pieces would make these good replacements for standard bars with no mystery ingredients.

Time to plan my day. We are in 7 day a week mode but I'll make the weekend days short and manageable. Tonight is date night, probably a movie and easy dinner after we look at windows someone is getting rid of. We are planning a greenhouse made out of old windows. I love the way they look. I was hoping for a bonfire but it looks like rain. At least it's warm! Off to get a short walk in before work.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #11  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Good morning all! Sounds like you all have busy days. I have to take my daughter to WIC today and then I have homework the rest of the day. Yuck. Lol Hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

CyndiM those bars look yummy and seem easy to make. I am Goingbto have to try making them.

Ruth, you remind me of my mom constantly on the go baking, quilting, gardening, helping friends etc. She has dropped off on some if her baking as it was just way too much. However, she still bakes at least 20 Irish Soda Breads for the Knights of Columbus St. Paddy's Day dinner. I must admit your post made me salivate for baked goods mmmmm noooooo

Will be good as my water weight is gone and I am back to my low weight on the ticker. Would like to drop a couple more pounds before the ride, but not trying too hard as I know my weight is where it should be. While we are away I am going to do my best to make the best choice as to what us available. I know we have pizza in Maryland. Our arrival night in DC we go to Peter Lugers so all bets are off lol

Rainy day here, but talks of gorgeous weather this afternoon. Perfect morning to clean, yeah right lol

Tammy been thinking about the nameless pup. I am a big Dory fan from Nemo, probably because I forget so many things. I often call my dogs "food" names. Pumpkin and cupcake are my favorite nicknames for the furry ones. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chatty chicks.

I ended up working after all yesterday. Did the closing shift for a co-worker. The gal I worked with had a cold so I was sanitizing the heck out of my hands! Unfortunately she and I are back on together to close tonight too. I'm off to the gym this morning. Might get a nap in this afternoon since DH is heading off to his mom's.

If our (now several years deceased) rescue dog hadn't already known her name when we adopted her, we'd have probably called her Hope. "I hope they take me for a walk... I hope they drop some food on the floor... I hope they don't stop rubbing behind my ears..."

Have a great day, all.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

I think we are all glued to the tv, I should be studying as this is the last day of class and I scheduled the exam for 5:30 p.m tonight to get it done today while all the information is fresh in my head.

Ruth that had to be so frustrating for you- hopefully no oven troubles

Twynn we let DD2 name our male cat (now deceased) Pink and our female dog Blue- she was 4 years old at the time...lol

to everyone else I need to get studying.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Yes, who can believe what is going on?? And going on for so long, now too - it must be so anxiety producing for everyone who lives in the Boston area. We had a scare here as a rumor was going around that Penn Station had been shut down because of the fear he had taken an Amtrak train to get here - apparently the suspect's sisters live in NY. Thankfully this turned out not to be true. It's hard to concentrate at work!

I'm so excited for my weekend. I am going with a friend to the Marriott Hotel in Stamford, CT. They have a spa and I have TWO treatments booked! This place is the best because you can get there via Metro North rather than driving, there is a really nice mall right across the street from the hotel, and of course the spa. We'll get up there early, head over to the Mall for lunch, come back, go to the spa, get dressed and go back to the Mall area for dinner and drinks and then back to the hotel to sleep. We try to do this once a year and now I am so ready!
Closed Thread