Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #1  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Height: 5'6"

Default After a Mental Breakdown...I'm Back!

I feel like I've left my 3FC Atkins family in the lurch the past few months but I've been going through a really rough patch.

Getting help [seeing a psychiatrist] and on meds so I'm doing A LOT better. Stress was just too much to deal with and I wasnt handling things well.

Now Im back and doing better and doing a lot better with my Atkins eating. Physically, I feel better than I have in a long time too and I'm back to losing the weight I gained in the past 3 months.

I feel like I've finally accepted this as a lifestyle and not just another diet so that's really helped a lot. Im not craving the carbs I was a few short days ago.

This weekend will be a challenge as Im hosting my niece, her friend, and my nephew and they all eat junky carbs BUT I have an eating plan and Im sticking to it! Not even so much for the weight loss but just for how I feel physically. Im not bloated on Atkins and I LOVE that feeling!

Hope everyone's doing well. I saw the New Year's Challenge...think I'll join that!
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! I too am returning after a rough patch (2 miscarriages in 3 months) and I'm ready to focus again! I must admit I'm having a tough time with the "mini-cheats" (since I had spent the last month or so purposefully getting myself out of ketostis) but I need to be stronger than those urges. Best of luck to both of us as we continue this journey!
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

you are both going to do great! I am slowly realizing that during hard times -- sometimes the only thing I have control over is what I am eating - and having some control - any control is a good thing -- I pull out my master list of foods and make sure I am eating from that -- Believe me I am so not perfect and have given in to a few things (fried pork dumplings and thin crust pizza) but I have also learned to make a planned cheat if I am going to do those and it is the one meal ..... AND most important - I have learned that I will feel cruddy for a few days after and to expect it -- for me it is stuffiness and pain...

DMB - I am so sorry for your loss - and Simona I am so sorry you went thru a rough patch like that but am so glad you found a doctor and meds that are helping

You are back! Post every day - keep the enthusiasm up and the motivation up - if you are having a hard time sticking with the plan post - sometimes people can give an alternative to what you are craving that will help -- sometimes you just need to vent to release it and move on - And sometimes you just need to realize that you could be a stress eater - speaking from total personal experience on this one - I would eat carbs to dull my senses like an alcoholic drinks - I was shocked when I made that connection - I would eat to stuff down the feelings and dull them too - and I never EVER wanted salad or protein - I wanted sugar, starch, and more carbs .... realizing it has helped when those times happen - I'm not perfect by any means but I am making better choices now that I understand myself better. Now I try to get up eat some protein, drink a glass of ice water and walk in place or knit or read or anything to get my brain in a different place until the craving eases a bit.

like I said a looong time ago at the beginning of this post - you are back and you will do GREAT!
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #4  
zay

Bless you all. Glad to hear you are doing better and for your new bright, beginnings!
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

Wishing you the very best Simona and good luck. You can do it!!!
SlowMovingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote