South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tuesday October 16th Beach Chat

Good morning, coffee is ready for anyone who cares to join me.

Had a successful day of P1 clean eating. Trying for day 2. The scale must be broken this week because I know I did not gain 8 pounds in a week. I do admit and take responsibility for my poor choices. I think TOM is up to no good again. I am giving myself a week, with my buddy coming in, to be back to where I was. OK enough complaining lol

Just a day of errand and planting some trees for my friend Joe. I think I could plant them with a spoon as they are quite small, but should grow quickly. Getting my bike tweaked today (changing the seat and getting an adjustment to the chain)

What is everyone else up to?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel! I wonder if part of your weight gain is from your looong bike ride? (great job, btw!) I know when I do longer runs, the weight is always up a lb or too.

I also did a successful phase 1.25 (I think it might be 1.33...since I had a 1/2 glass wine last night ) yesterday, and it felt great. I made a breakfast casserole last night so no making omelettes for the next 4 days!! I did realize the tagine I made yesterday is GONE, the techs at work loved it, so I need to make something else for today. Maybe some chicken broccoli?

Nothing too exciting otherwise, just work and life.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee, Jennifer, it's delicious and just what I need to get me going this morning.
That darned TOM! Is he still causing a ruckus? I sent him packing years ago and haven't missed him at all. Hurray for a clean Phase 1 day yesterday and have faith in you that you can do it again today, and have a nice time planting those tree seedlings.

I didn't get home until 7:30 last night, but had a pretty good day. I told the girls they could carve their pumpkins after homework, and I've never seen homework get done so quickly, LOL. They both really like their new music teacher, too.
Today I have a big pile of linen napkins to starch and iron, and I think I'll give the refrigerator a good cleaning. Audrey has a violin lesson at 6, so I think we'll grab a quick supper beforehand. I probably won't get home until around 8 tonight, but at least it won't be rainy and foggy like last night.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jennifer. When you and Joe are finished, could you bike up here, please? This morning's project is to plant 1000 daffodil bulbs throughout the Village. The Beautification Committee met last night and I "voluntold" the crew about this. We are starting at ten and do have several battery operated drills with augers. One can't turn down donated bulbs!

I have a pedicure scheduled for 1 today and hope everything is done by then. A couple of people seemed surprised that I am getting a pedi when it's no longer sandal weather but I just love the hour or so it takes when I can just lie there and almost doze off.

All my 2011 paperwork is now with the accountant so maybe he'll get this darned audit finished. I still have some tax stuff to get filed but the end is in sight for my accounting work. Today the "men with machines" will start work at the Town Hall and I'll need a ladder to get into my office. The first thing they will do is get rid of the stone and concrete front porch. I don't go to work in places where a hard hat is required, even a white one.

Time for some breakfast and then I'll crank up the day. Happy Tuesday!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! I haven't made the Morrocan Tangine yet, but they way you talk about makes me want to try it soon. I'm curious as how you managed to stop at only 1/2 glass of wine? That takes some serious will power!

Ruth, now I'm wanting to come up to Delta in the spring to see all those glorious daffodils in bloom. That's going to be beautiful! Be careful you don't get a backache with all that bending over.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

I'm typing from my new (to me) IPad. my wonderful brother sent me his old laptop, iPhone and IPad. Wow! It is like Christmas here!

This is the second day I have slept all the way through so I must keep going. I hear KIrk chopping stuff for our smoothies.

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started!

everyone else!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm off to yoga this morning. Then grocery shopping for my mom. Then work. Then my mom's. I've done laundry already in case I am motivated to start packing today for my trip; we leave Thursday. I HATE packing. But we are staying in a condo this trip and can do laundry so I can pack less. As if!

I have an appointment to see a PA at the gastroenterologist's office in about 2 weeks. It would have been a month to see a doctor!

Happy Tuesday!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Boy slow day in here today.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Haven't been totally OP but hoping now that I know I've gotten the new job (I start Oct 29!) I'll be less stressed out. Leftovers tonight. At least we're not eating out...

Also going to post some recipes - Ph2 Crock Pot "Caramel" Apples and Ph1 Guacamole... I guess a dessert and a side? I'll figure it out. They both were a hit.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies...just popping in to say hello.
Closed Thread