Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default TOM and bloat!

So TOM is in full swing today and I am bloated to no end, my pants fit tight and it looks like I'm preggers! Does anyone have any tips about how to reduce TOM bloat/water retention?
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I wish..Haha... I look about 6 months preggo too...its sad but true...stupid water retention..

Oh but Rumour has it: If you eat asparagus, drink caffinated tea or take a B12 capsule..apparently its supposed to help???? There is something you can buy at the drug store called Durex...Its a capsule that supposedly helps with excess bloat but havent tried it yet...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #3  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Red face

I wish I knew. I was really hoping I would have lost the 1 pound I needed to lose to meet my weekly goal but with TOM expected today (late. GRRRR) the scale didn't budge this morning. I think it must be due to bloating because I have stayed on plan every day and worked out about 12 hours this week so I'm not going to get all upset over it. Ugh. I have PMS. My back is sore, I'm cranky, and I want a chocolate bar. But I'm gonna be good and quit complaining and go have a weight watchers icecream.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Drink some "sassy water." It's from a diet a friend of mine was on-- the diet wasn't very successful except to give us this great (modified, a little) recipe for helping bloating:

-1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
-1 teaspoon grated ginger (I just peel and throw small slices in)
-1/2 lemon, sliced (I use realemon if I don't have any fresh lemons)
-12 small leaves of mint
-2 liters of water

Blend and let sit overnight. Drink throughout the day.

It is such a refreshing drink, and the ginger and mint will help relieve bloating. I have a habit of making it four days in a row (the diet recommended a four day "de-bloat" and for whatever reason, I picked up that thinking from my friend). I drink it around my TOM, diet or not. I also like to throw those ingredients in a french press and drink it as hot tea.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #5  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

That water sounds SO tasty...I don't think that I can fit a 2 L container in my fridge (my apartment only has a mini fridge...yay living in a shoe box), but I'm going to need to try now.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

It IS really tasty! Light and just a fun way to drink water. You could just make it in a water bottle, maybe, cutting back the recipe?

I should also amend that when I make the hot tea, I don't put in cucumber.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote