Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #1  

Default Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry Muffins Yield: 18 muffins

• 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
• Ύ cup all-purpose flour
• Ό cup almond flour ( grind nuts in food processor)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon orange zest
• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• 2 eggs, large
• 1 Ό cups low-fat (1%) buttermilk
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 6 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• ½ teaspoon vanilla

Place the rack in the top third of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and orange zest. Add the fresh blueberries and toss gently to coat the blueberries in flour. This will help keep the blueberries suspended in the batter versus falling to the bottom.

In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then whisk in the buttermilk, brown sugar, canola oil, orange juice, and vanilla. Don’t be concerned if the mixture looks curdled or lumpy.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until most of the flour is incorporated. The mixture can be slightly lumpy; don’t over mix. Divide the batter among the 18 prepared muffin cups.

Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown around the edges.

Nutritional information per serving (one muffin) : Calories: 130 ⁄ Protein: 3 g ⁄ Carbohydrate: 16 g ⁄ Fiber: 1.5 g ⁄ Sodium: 140 mg/ Saturated fat: 1 g ⁄ Polyunsaturated fat: 2 g ⁄ Monounsaturated fat: 3 g / Trans fat: 0 g ⁄ Cholesterol: 21 mg
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

i LIVE for blueberry muffins ... and ive given them up because my fav ones ( the ones from BJ's ) has 490 calories a peice ...

these sound great will make em for sure , when i do ill post pics !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote