Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265.0/262.6/175

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Lovin' the surprises!!!

Surprise #1...first (set of 3!) 15 minute miles!
Surprise #2...two miles in 29 minutes!
note: a year ago, it took half an hour and MANY stops to barely walk a mile!
Surprise #3...since December 19 (yeah....over Christmas), I have lost a total of 25.4 pounds
Surprise #4...that means i have lost right at 10% of my starting weight!!!
Surprise #5...Tonight, I wore a skirt Mom gave me over a year ago that has NEVER fit
Surprise #6....at work the other day, a coworker handed me a fleece jacket to try on....it fit. It was a LARGE!!! She said they run big, but even so, that would still be an XL....I am accustomed to wearing a 2X-3X.
Surprise #7...When I started exercising, I was in a very tight 22W-24W in jeans. Back in the fall, I bought a couple pairs of jeans....they were 20W and they fit comfortably. I was SOOO proud. Well...now, they are loose enough to pull down without unbuttoning!!!
AND....yesterday was 18 months since I had a cigarrette!!!!

Been an amazing week!
lilmommajnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #2  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Wow! Fantastic! Good job!
And a question.How did you quit smoking?
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #3  

Wow, those are some great surprises! Congrats!
leftoverqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #4  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Awesome! great job on everything!!!
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Thats great! Good for you!
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/214/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Hooray!

Congrats on acheiving so much! Keep it up :-)
Kayann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265.0/262.6/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitcherella View Post
Wow! Fantastic! Good job!
And a question.How did you quit smoking?
Simple...God did it. I tried and tried for a couple years. It was HORRIBLE. I was MEAN. I felt terrible. I craved cigarettes so bad that I thought I would die or inflict bodily harm on others. I threw out countless packs of cigs. I tried gum, patches, lozenges, prescription meds... None of it worked. I prayed and prayed and waited. I read online (my two favorite sites were whyquit.com and determinedtoquit.com). Then I tried some more. And prayed some more. Then, 8/9/10, He told me it was time to put them down. For good. So I put out the one I had lit, tossed the rest, threw out most of my ashtrays (kept a couple pretty ones), and I became a non-smoker. I had NO withdrawals, no stress, no anger, no hostility. It was like I had never lit the first one. A couple times, I had the thought of "I want a cigarette"...which was immediately followed by "what would I do with it? A non-smoker doesn't need a cigarette." and that was the end of that. I STILL haven't had any withdrawal symptoms. I still keep a little 3x5 card that says "NOPE....Not One Puff Ever" by my desk. It now seems so foreign to me that I had ever been a smoker. HE did the work. HE delivered me from it. I didn't have the power to...HE did...and HE gets the praise for it!
lilmommajnn is offline   Reply With Quote