Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/131/128

Height: 5'4

Default Running in place

Caution: this will sound pretty pitiful haha...

I know I need to work out more than I currently do to be healthier overall. Time is somewhat of an issue but I know I just need to make exercise more of a priority. My biggest problem is that I just really think working out is boring! When I start working out, I usually stop before I feel like I've had a really great go at it because I just want to move onto doing something more interesting. I was a hardcore competitive swimmer growing up, so I swim once or twice a week, but other than that it's like pulling teeth to make myself do something active. I have to have something interesting going on while I work out to pass the time, and music just doesn't cut it unfortunately. It's easy for me to squeeze in some core strength workouts while I have the TV on, but my question is about running in place (for some cardio)- how does it compare to actual running? I mean I know that I get totally pooped when I run outdoors (hills and all that)- but is running in place a completely pointless way to get some cardio in?
lkander2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Of course it's not pointless! Now, it doesn't compare to running on a treadmill or outside, but it's by far better than doing nothing! Just don't be discouraged if you go to run outside and find you can't do much - you'll be using different muscles and using them differently than running in place, but it is still exercise, of course!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #3  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Hey, movement is better than sitting on the couch.

(I did some lunges while waiting on a fax to go through this morning, while keeping my ears open for coworkers coming down the hall)
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote